Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Exotic and unique?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Exotic and unique?   Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:48 pm

I have seen a few clubs being posted. Like the ones that you can change loft or super expensive putters that is worth a car.

Please share some of your experiences... or things that you come across.
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Thu Oct 29, 2009 8:57 pm

My cousin fiancee's told me that one of his Indonesian super rich golfer friend, went all the way to Scotty Cameron custom shop, and customized his Scotty Cameron. Total damage US$50k.
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:11 pm

Wow..that much one and the one in the world.... dont tell me it is gold plated
Back to top Go down
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Thu Oct 29, 2009 9:16 pm

extracted from http://most-expensive.net/golf-clubs-2



Golf has always been and will always be an expensive sport but, if you think green fees are high, just wait until you find out how much the world’s most expensive golf clubs cost. After all, a golfer may purchase many accessories in pursuit of his favorite sport but none are more important than the clubs he uses.
Don’t get the wrong idea, though. Buying the most expensive set of golf clubs won’t land you on the PGA Tour overnight. In fact, successful golfers will (surprisingly enough) tell you that to be a good golfer you’ll need practice, practice, practice! As Tiger Woods might tell you, the perfect golf swing can earn you fame, fortune and a hot, former model of a wife.

most expensive golf clubs

Currently, the world’s most expensive golf clubs in production are the Five Stars made by Honma, a Japanese club manufacturer that constructs its custom clubs out of platinum and gold. A full, custom 14-piece set of these expensive clubs from Honma costs $32,000. Despite the fact that well-known celebrities such as Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito own sets of the most expensive golf clubs in the world, these clubs are better known in their native Japan than in the States.

If you’re out to purchase these expensive clubs, don’t let yourself be fooled. The golf club industry has seen an increasing problem regarding what they call “clone clubs”, which has lately become a multi-million dollar business for some. The prices of the clone clubs are typically between 50 and 75 percent lower than that of name brand clubs. The technology and materials used in manufacturing are easily copied and duplicated because the imitators do not have the same type of expenses associated with product development and marketing.

With multiple models of irons, drivers and putters, the popularity of Honma golf clubs is steadily increasing. Just read some of the reviews posted online. Bottom line, golfers love them even if they are ridiculously expensive golf clubs.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:57 am

eiji wrote:
extracted from http://most-expensive.net/golf-clubs-2



Golf has always been and will always be an expensive sport but, if you think green fees are high, just wait until you find out how much the world’s most expensive golf clubs cost. After all, a golfer may purchase many accessories in pursuit of his favorite sport but none are more important than the clubs he uses.
Don’t get the wrong idea, though. Buying the most expensive set of golf clubs won’t land you on the PGA Tour overnight. In fact, successful golfers will (surprisingly enough) tell you that to be a good golfer you’ll need practice, practice, practice! As Tiger Woods might tell you, the perfect golf swing can earn you fame, fortune and a hot, former model of a wife.

most expensive golf clubs

Currently, the world’s most expensive golf clubs in production are the Five Stars made by Honma, a Japanese club manufacturer that constructs its custom clubs out of platinum and gold. A full, custom 14-piece set of these expensive clubs from Honma costs $32,000. Despite the fact that well-known celebrities such as Jack Nicholson and Danny DeVito own sets of the most expensive golf clubs in the world, these clubs are better known in their native Japan than in the States.

If you’re out to purchase these expensive clubs, don’t let yourself be fooled. The golf club industry has seen an increasing problem regarding what they call “clone clubs”, which has lately become a multi-million dollar business for some. The prices of the clone clubs are typically between 50 and 75 percent lower than that of name brand clubs. The technology and materials used in manufacturing are easily copied and duplicated because the imitators do not have the same type of expenses associated with product development and marketing.

With multiple models of irons, drivers and putters, the popularity of Honma golf clubs is steadily increasing. Just read some of the reviews posted online. Bottom line, golfers love them even if they are ridiculously expensive golf clubs.

Last time I walked into Honma Shop at Suntec City (now close) I saw a set selling above $80,000 my friend.

Titu
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:38 am

Titu, that $88k set is sitting in PW Paragon.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 am

Other than vanity, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to purchase SGD88K golf set and USD50K Putter.
Unless of course they are Jedi Irons and Jedi Putters. Jedi Irons will make sure it is always GIR and Jedi Putter will always 1 putt.
Then this "investment" would be worth it...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:37 am

watermyforrest wrote:
Other than vanity, I think it is absolutely ridiculous to purchase SGD88K golf set and USD50K Putter.
Unless of course they are Jedi Irons and Jedi Putters. Jedi Irons will make sure it is always GIR and Jedi Putter will always 1 putt.
Then this "investment" would be worth it...

I totally agree.

Those types of clubs are meant more to grace someone's wall than being gamed.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:00 am

And Honma is probably the no 1 brand in Indonesia. Why ? It's commonly used to bribe the government officials Wink
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:35 pm

I thought it's because they only want to hear "Beres" (caught the pun?)
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:07 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
I thought it's because they only want to hear "Beres" (caught the pun?)

Heehee... beres, i.e. done, completed Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
daveaha
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3179
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 40
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:31 pm

Technospaz wrote:
watermyforrest wrote:
I thought it's because they only want to hear "Beres" (caught the pun?)

Heehee... beres, i.e. done, completed Smile

Betul ! Hehehe....
Back to top Go down
http://www.nufc.sg
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1210
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 29
Location : Serangoon Gardens

PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:01 pm

wah i wonder WITB for Liang Wen-Chong at the barclays lah.. if it's the 6 figure iron set i'm stealing them tmr. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Exotic and unique?   Today at 10:10 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Exotic and unique?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Exotic and unique?
» Unique Basketball Situations
» Unique van for sale........
» Here is a Unique Reel
» Ok, the all known question..."Exotic sounding exhaust"

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.