Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 COE....

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-08-26
Location : out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:16 pm

COE system....sounds familiar...reminds me of the upcomming minimum post system....heheeee
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 241
Join date : 2011-07-02
Location : Jalan Kayu

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:24 pm

Bear wrote:
COE system....sounds familiar...reminds me of the upcomming minimum post system....heheeee

Yah.. but one will actually reduce traffic volume.. no prizes for guessing which one.
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:27 pm

Its madness! I dont understand the logic anymore.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:33 pm

As much as its madness, the reduced traffic is starting to take effect.. I used to take close to 45 min in the morning before from simei to alexandra.. Now ? I reach office in 25-30 min. Do i like this ? Yea of cuz.. I enjoy having smoother traffic when i drive ..
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 pm

I, for one, am hoping for the rise and rise and rise of COE prices and private housing in this god-foresaken land. Love it! Couldn't ask for anything less.

I also once suggested to my MP that ERP should be $100 for all gantries. Not enough in your cash card? Fine $150.
Then see how much better your city and expressway traffic improves.

Got money to buy a $150,000 car but no money to pay $5 in ERP? Singaporeans too rich for that mentality.


Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:41 pm

I am not sure if it will work but I think if the system is tweaked to make those who bid pay what they bid it might bring back some sanity. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-08-26
Location : out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:45 pm

I agree tat whateva is implemented it's its all for a better reason....

But goodness...but this is really like the calling for suggestions for naming the budget terminal...and then actually naming it budget terminal at the end....duh~

Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-12-01

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:51 pm

This COE is bullsh*t. Only those with $$$ are willing to bid that high and guess what type of cars tops the bidding.... hehe...

I still pay the road tax, ERP and still go through the traffic congestion. What's the difference? None for me/ us. However, new cars will remain to be registered every month but the question is who drives it.... It those who have $$$ drive. Those average income Singapore will need to think hard if they want to fork out the cash for this type of COE.

So my conclusion for the style in which COE are being distributed is simple : No $ No Car. No $ but still bid, good luck. Something to ponder about... If back then, the COE for a car is $15,000, you'll need 6 cars down the road to match current COE price of $90,000. Now.... If i can get $90,000 to put a car on the road... instead of 6, it make no difference in term of $ to the government. At least they can say that they are controlling the number of new cars to the road.
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 383
Join date : 2011-07-03
Location : Fairway Green

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:08 am

hkhamateur wrote:
chien wrote:
Happy Feet wrote:
I think we need to look at it fm the bigger picture.

USA is facing problem with figuring out how to tax the wealthy.....and imagine this, in SG, we don need to worrk about that.....the wealthy are already indirectly tax....

Garmen si pek clever

I actually agree...

I do realize the roads are getting very crowded, it's jam everywhere.. ERPs are not working for sure.. So the question is whether higher COEs are able to control the cars population?


I agreed too! Wink
Bt to wat extend! Question
Still, its a temporary solution bcoz e rich re gettg richer n many! Shocked

Its not only the road, MRT's , buses, LRT's..every where here is crowded. Luckily golf courses in JB not crowded... cheers
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-08-26
Location : out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:19 am

TheFocalPoint wrote:
........
Got money to buy a $150,000 car but no money to pay $5 in ERP? Singaporeans too rich for that mentality.



Yups!! Can tell those ppl whose car are allowed to park along the dbl yellow line along taka driveway at the carpark entrance this too! "Got money to pay for quater mill cars but don't want to go into the carpark..got space in there laaa!! Dunno how to park or scared of the parking charges at taka? If lazy gime the car I become your driverr"....if don't want to pay parking fee....I dunno wat to say liao......heeheee
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 5:35 am

My guess is to keep up, you have to make as much money as possible to maintain the lifestyle you want in sg. things are raising too fast for our salary to catch up.
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 533
Join date : 2011-09-16

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:37 am

Bear wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
........
Got money to buy a $150,000 car but no money to pay $5 in ERP? Singaporeans too rich for that mentality.



Yups!! Can tell those ppl whose car are allowed to park along the dbl yellow line along taka driveway at the carpark entrance this too! "Got money to pay for quater mill cars but don't want to go into the carpark..got space in there laaa!! Dunno how to park or scared of the parking charges at taka? If lazy gime the car I become your driverr"....if don't want to pay parking fee....I dunno wat to say liao......heeheee

Building management, and they already All have Chaufferurs. It's simply more convenient to leave the building from that spot as opposed to snaking down the carpark exit pathway.

You really don't think before you share your opinions huh..
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-08-26
Location : out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:13 am

LoL bangla...

Good morning to you too dear sir!

Sweep properly ya....don't miss any spot. If not town council will 'retrench' u......like those computer softwares....

anyway thank u for cleaning up my neighbourhood! Heeeheeehee

*runs off double time*

Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:51 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
I, for one, am hoping for the rise and rise and rise of COE prices and private housing in this god-foresaken land. Love it! Couldn't ask for anything less.

I also once suggested to my MP that ERP should be $100 for all gantries. Not enough in your cash card? Fine $150.
Then see how much better your city and expressway traffic improves.

Got money to buy a $150,000 car but no money to pay $5 in ERP? Singaporeans too rich for that mentality.



I can't help but thought that you sound like some sort of sadist huh ...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:15 pm

The ERP system isn't helping. Raising the charges further may have an impact but before that happens, MRT trains should be more reliable and taxis should be more readily available.

But all things considered, this beats (hands down) cities like KL and Jakarta.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 3295
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 42
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:23 pm

This is what hope the govt can consider:

1. Improve the quality and frequency of buses and mrts
2. If there is a shortage of buses, y not encourage private buses to fill the gap?
3. built cycling routes in the city areas coupled with safe places to park your bike.

Talking about cycling, my ex boss told me france has this system whereby u can go to a public bike kiosk, ride and park it at the nearest kiosk to your intended destination. Twice a day, a lorry will shift all the bikes back to its original destination. I think, this could really work in SG.
Back to top Go down
Bear
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 250
Join date : 2011-08-26
Location : out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:31 pm

nientsu wrote:
.....Talking about cycling, my ex boss told me france has this system whereby u can go to a public bike kiosk, ride and park it at the nearest kiosk to your intended destination. Twice a day, a lorry will shift all the bikes back to its original destination. I think, this could really work in SG.

I really like the sound of this idea. Very innovative! Create jobs and solve problem at the same time. cheers
Back to top Go down
http://www.website.co.jp
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: COE....   Thu Jan 10, 2013 4:35 pm

nientsu wrote:
This is what hope the govt can consider:

1. Improve the quality and frequency of buses and mrts
2. If there is a shortage of buses, y not encourage private buses to fill the gap?
3. built cycling routes in the city areas coupled with safe places to park your bike.

Talking about cycling, my ex boss told me france has this system whereby u can go to a public bike kiosk, ride and park it at the nearest kiosk to your intended destination. Twice a day, a lorry will shift all the bikes back to its original destination. I think, this could really work in SG.

Mal,

In France, they have a tendency to give way to cyclists though I have to admit that somethings the drivers there are like F1 drivers, esp around Arc De Tromphe area.

Erm, cycling in Singapore, recent incident of one of the forumer here..... Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: COE....   Today at 10:37 pm

Back to top Go down
 
COE....
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.