There seem to be a stigma on how difficult it is to brew beer. I mean, we all drink them right! I was talking briefly to a fellow forumer here and he was a tad surprised when I told him that it is easy to brew beer. The beer that you brew are much better, naturally done and they are very drinkable and better tasting that what you buy out there. Imagine, brewing your own Wheat or IPA.
Here's couple of youtube video that I can share with you and you start your journey to making good beer.BrewingBottlingTasting
Total Cost (< Sgd400):
- Coopers brewkit - cost abt Sg175 and there is 2 place that sell them in Singapore
- chiller (if you dont have one) - You can buy one that will allow you to chill your beer during fermentation as our weather is rather hot. You need min 20c for ales or 12c for lager. Cost abt 200
- Spray bottle - you can buy this from local sundry shop. Cost about Sg2
You will make your money's worth after 2 batches of beer. Seriously, its that cheap. Imagine buying a keg in Brewertz, it cost you about Sgd3xx plus. After 2nd batch, there after, each batch cost you about Sgd2 per bottle.
Where to buy in Singapore:
- Most important about brewing beer, you have to sanitize, sanitize and sanitize! You have to be clean!
- Homebrew is perfectly legal and you dont need a license for personal consumption.
- Finally, I do not get paid nor benefit for doing this, I do this because I like to share about the joy of brewing beers and drinking at home. Plus, its freaking easy to do this.