Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 noob: if i find my irons too short

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 32

PostSubject: noob: if i find my irons too short   Sun Dec 16, 2012 1:58 am

can/should i go for fitting?
where should i do this?
im on jpx800 irons.

thankew!
Back to top Go down
den
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 97
Join date : 2011-04-13
Location : cyberspace

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:08 am

Bro Korolev

You may call up BFG and make an appt at your convenience.

Big Fish Golf International Pte Ltd
Blk 1003 Bukit Merah Central
#03-11
Singapore 159836

Tel: + (65) 64712272


Cheerios

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Sun Dec 16, 2012 12:33 pm

thank you bro den Smile
Back to top Go down
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Sun Dec 16, 2012 11:50 pm

just discovered i need steel shafts.
where can i get my set fitted with nspro for good value (cheap)?

looking for the 950GH.. cant post in marketplace yet.
http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/steel/950.htm

how long does it take to have them fitted (assuming if fitter has nothing in the pipeline)?

thanks again!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:36 am

When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:40 am

Technospaz wrote:
When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

Spoken like a true 14 strong handicapper.. I hv problems with my irons too. Can give me 3-3 in our next game ?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:49 am

Begbie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

Spoken like a true 14 strong handicapper.. I hv problems with my irons too. Can give me 3-3 in our next game ?

Wah... bullying started already?

The problem with your irons is that they don't get enough love.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:39 am

Begbie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

Spoken like a true 14 strong handicapper.. I hv problems with my irons too. Can give me 3-3 in our next game ?

I'll give you 3-3 anytime.. but a pity you are too busy for golf..
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:18 am

Technospaz wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

Spoken like a true 14 strong handicapper.. I hv problems with my irons too. Can give me 3-3 in our next game ?

Wah... bullying started already?

The problem with your irons is that they don't get enough love.

2 - 2 for me can liao.... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 11:24 am

My 7i if tee up can go only 130 to 135 yards nowadays. If from fairway, will travel only 120 yards. Don't know whether to laugh or cry. Sad Shocked Very Happy
Back to top Go down
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:47 pm

sorry.. as mentioned in the 2nd post.. i just need to switch them to steel. hope to find out where i can do this thats not expensive. thank you!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:27 pm

korolev wrote:
sorry.. as mentioned in the 2nd post.. i just need to switch them to steel. hope to find out where i can do this thats not expensive. thank you!

Switching shafts can vary in price depending on the shafts you buy. 2nd hand NS Pros go for about $100-150 (sometimes less) depending on condition etc. That excludes fitting the shafts onto your irons.

That said, there's more to shafts than just graphite and steel. There's also flex, kick point, swing weight etc. Rather than to immediately assume that steel shafts are better for you, why don't you visit a fitter who can assess your swing speed and recommend equipment which will suit you best.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 689
Join date : 2010-08-25
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:48 pm

Technospaz wrote:
korolev wrote:
sorry.. as mentioned in the 2nd post.. i just need to switch them to steel. hope to find out where i can do this thats not expensive. thank you!

Switching shafts can vary in price depending on the shafts you buy. 2nd hand NS Pros go for about $100-150 (sometimes less) depending on condition etc. That excludes fitting the shafts onto your irons.

That said, there's more to shafts than just graphite and steel. There's also flex, kick point, swing weight etc. Rather than to immediately assume that steel shafts are better for you, why don't you visit a fitter who can assess your swing speed and recommend equipment which will suit you best.

Y NS Pro.....?? If you are looking for stable steel shafts, I reckon KBS and True Temper would give you better ball flight stability. Price wise, they're about the same, so Y not invest in a proper set of steel shafts ~ spending good money chasing after mediocre results....?? Hmmmmm.......
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 5:56 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

Spoken like a true 14 strong handicapper.. I hv problems with my irons too. Can give me 3-3 in our next game ?

I'll give you 3-3 anytime.. but a pity you are too busy for golf..

Yea.. Busy now with work and i dun see it slowing down till mid Jan. If ur offer still applies then why not.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:16 pm

Begbie wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

Spoken like a true 14 strong handicapper.. I hv problems with my irons too. Can give me 3-3 in our next game ?

I'll give you 3-3 anytime.. but a pity you are too busy for golf..

Yea.. Busy now with work and i dun see it slowing down till mid Jan. If ur offer still applies then why not.

My offer is unlimited Smile hope you brought some golf balls to hit from the deck of the ship..
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 6:57 pm

korolev wrote:
just discovered i need steel shafts.
where can i get my set fitted with nspro for good value (cheap)?

looking for the 950GH.. cant post in marketplace yet.
http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/steel/950.htm

how long does it take to have them fitted (assuming if fitter has nothing in the pipeline)?

thanks again!

Suggest you pay a visit to BFG, may be they can offer better alternatives.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:02 pm

TheFocalPoint wrote:
Begbie wrote:
TheFocalPoint wrote:
Begbie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When you say that your irons are too short, do you mean the length of the shafts or your distance of the ball? If the latter, can you post what your distances are like (or just your 7i)? That would give us a better estimate of whether you're really too short or just over-expecting.

Spoken like a true 14 strong handicapper.. I hv problems with my irons too. Can give me 3-3 in our next game ?

I'll give you 3-3 anytime.. but a pity you are too busy for golf..

Yea.. Busy now with work and i dun see it slowing down till mid Jan. If ur offer still applies then why not.

My offer is unlimited Smile hope you brought some golf balls to hit from the deck of the ship..

Guys.

Thread Hijacked

How about a game together ? I also want 3-3 from TFP & Techno..

Cheers Jump

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 7:57 pm

Khorkar wrote:
korolev wrote:
just discovered i need steel shafts.
where can i get my set fitted with nspro for good value (cheap)?

looking for the 950GH.. cant post in marketplace yet.
http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/steel/950.htm

how long does it take to have them fitted (assuming if fitter has nothing in the pipeline)?

thanks again!

Suggest you pay a visit to BFG, may be they can offer better alternatives.

I think that heading to most of the better fitters out there would show you the real world of golf gear. You'll be amazed at the choices available to you. But, once you head down this path... there's no turning back.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:56 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
korolev wrote:
just discovered i need steel shafts.
where can i get my set fitted with nspro for good value (cheap)?

looking for the 950GH.. cant post in marketplace yet.
http://www.nipponshaft.co.jp/english/steel/950.htm

how long does it take to have them fitted (assuming if fitter has nothing in the pipeline)?

thanks again!

Suggest you pay a visit to BFG, may be they can offer better alternatives.

I think that heading to most of the better fitters out there would show you the real world of golf gear. You'll be amazed at the choices available to you. But, once you head down this path... there's no turning back.

Thanks for answering me Smile
I'll check them out but not sure if I can afford their service.
I was thinking somewhere along e lines of a fitter in far east. Just a simplr process of asking for what I want and hopefully more affordable.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:01 pm

Of course you could go for the cheaper alternative of just fitting simple shafts to your irons. That may work.

However, if you're really keen to get clubs which suit you best, it's worthwhile investing in seeing a fitter. Truth is, you can visit them and ask for advice. I'm confident that most of the familiar names here (BFG, WizGolf, IvanGolf and Sigma) would be happy to have a chat with you without obligations. You lose nothing but gain knowledge, meet others and see what the world of golf gear has to offer.

If you're not satisfied with what they offer, then take the simpler route to heading down to FESC and seeing what's available. I'm not saying that FESC is bad. Heck, they're pretty good too.

I'm just suggesting an alternative which you may not have fully considered Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
korolev
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 25
Join date : 2011-04-07
Age : 32

PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:14 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Of course you could go for the cheaper alternative of just fitting simple shafts to your irons. That may work.

However, if you're really keen to get clubs which suit you best, it's worthwhile investing in seeing a fitter. Truth is, you can visit them and ask for advice. I'm confident that most of the familiar names here (BFG, WizGolf, IvanGolf and Sigma) would be happy to have a chat with you without obligations. You lose nothing but gain knowledge, meet others and see what the world of golf gear has to offer.

If you're not satisfied with what they offer, then take the simpler route to heading down to FESC and seeing what's available. I'm not saying that FESC is bad. Heck, they're pretty good too.

I'm just suggesting an alternative which you may not have fully considered Smile

thats awesome. thank you very much =D
ill check out the fitters and seek their advice before making a decision.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: noob: if i find my irons too short   Today at 6:26 am

Back to top Go down
 
noob: if i find my irons too short
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» noob: if i find my irons too short
» My indicator relais eats my battery
» Pulling Or Hooking Short Irons Left
» Where can I find Ping Karsten irons
» Short Shifter

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.