Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Inconsistent swing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 1:29 pm

Hi bros and sistas
Suffering from inconsistent swing...resulting in balls flying in all direction when I continously adjust. So much so that my swings had become inconsistent. Sigh..frustrating game. To make matters worse, have stopped learning from pro for more than 9 months now..no one to correct me. HELP
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:19 pm

The rss coach mattypro offers free swing analysis...

Dont want coaching, buy jim hardy's book. Solid contact.

Hope it helps
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:44 pm

Thanks Bro
Perhaps I should chk it up with him! Might ask wifey to tak along but she is lefty who plays right hand.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:43 pm

Why Jim Hardy?
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:59 pm

I liked his approach...no one best way to swing. Any swing can do as long as you can make it repeatable/consistent with correct impact. The book explains errors/causes and its easy to understand. Just my personal preference.
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:03 pm

pushslice wrote:

Hope it helps

That's the most useless book I ever read...
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 pm

rkangrah wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Hope it helps

So, what would you recommend instead?

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:05 pm

jac_mav wrote:
Hi bros and sistas
Suffering from inconsistent swing...resulting in balls flying in all direction when I continously adjust. So much so that my swings had become inconsistent. Sigh..frustrating game. To make matters worse, have stopped learning from pro for more than 9 months now..no one to correct me. HELP

Get a new Swing coach.... the only thing that fix your swing. Reading a book won't help at all. Golf swing is all about practice... theories won't help.
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:29 pm

Pushslice, thanks for explaining. I have both of jh's books as well as some of his DVDs. Yes his ops and 2ps are quite easy to understand.

Rkangrah, without the proper know how, practice will not lead u anywhere.

In fact I agree with bro Derek that when u reach prob intermediate stage, you can appreciate the lesson more
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:37 pm

Haha sky bobo, u swing two or one or any plane? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:58 pm

Pushslice, chin chai lah as long as repeatable. Ha ha. But I think it's mire 2 plane
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:43 pm

rkangrah wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Hope it helps

Halo....Pple read because they wanna seek solutions and answers in books on their possible swing flaws and understand their swing better, and you say it's a useless book. What's useless to you might not be useless to others.

If books from experts are useless, and I were to correlate your curiousity thread on miura irons reviews, then isnt asking others who are not pros for reviews on equipment even more useless?? So might as well try out for yourself to know and kill your curiosity right? Ask for what?

Books are usually useless to pple who can't, and are not intelligent enough to make any sense or value outta it.

Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Tue Dec 18, 2012 11:58 pm

tio!
Back to top Go down
Branong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:36 am

BabyCroc wrote:
rkangrah wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Hope it helps

Halo....Pple read because they wanna seek solutions and answers in books on their possible swing flaws and understand their swing better, and you say it's a useless book. What's useless to you might not be useless to others.

If books from experts are useless, and I were to correlate your curiousity thread on miura irons reviews, then isnt asking others who are not pros for reviews on equipment even more useless?? So might as well try out for yourself to know and kill your curiosity right? Ask for what?

Books are usually useless to pple who can't, and are not intelligent enough to make any sense or value outta it.

Cheers Jump Cheers Jump Cheers Jump
Bro, you hit the nail on the spot! hole in one!
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 2:03 am

Branong wrote:
BabyCroc wrote:
rkangrah wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Hope it helps

Cheers Jump Cheers Jump Cheers Jump
Bro, you hit the nail on the spot! hole in one!

If only I can have one tmr mornin. Lol..
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:57 am

BabyCroc wrote:
rkangrah wrote:
pushslice wrote:

Hope it helps

I think I just jizzed in my pants!

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Champion
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:33 am

Guys,

In order to see yourself having a consistent swing. Is to be able to see your own swing. Every golfers has their own good strength and weakness in trying to put their swing together.

Reading certainly helps you to better understand in theory. Actual you still need a experience coach to advice.

Any coach you know who can help you??????

Welcome Swing
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 pm

Yes was thinking of linking up with my former coach from Laguna..which was convenient as I am staying in the east. Unfortunately he is now in OCC. If without professional coaching to see whats wrong, the more i practise on range or more course is going to make my mistakes more entrench i think?
Back to top Go down
deckbuild
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:59 pm

pushslice wrote:

Hope it helps

Hey Pushslice, Where can I get this book from 'solid contact'? Saw them introducing this book in golf channel, quite interested to read it, TIA!
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 4:09 pm

Hey jac_may ...

Some golfers are naturally more talented, after basic lessons, they are able to learn on their own through books, discussion, observation, experimentation ... etc and become very compentent golfers

GR forumer Slinger is a good example of this ... an accomplished golfer with a solid all around game

Unfortunately talent, like most other things in life, follows a bell-shaped normal distribution, i.e. very few are exceptional, most of us hover around average or slightly above and below

So for the rest of us, coaching is likely to help more than hurt. At the very least it should help shorten the learning process.

I preferred one-on-one lessons because it allowed me the flexibility of planning my lesson schedules. Mainly to give myself enought time to practice in between lessons, be it the drills assigned or just smashing the ball to vent off stress (caution: stress relief range sessions while fun, will not do anything to improve the consistency of your golf swing, but what the heck, this is a hobby right? not like our paycheck depends on it).

You will probably improve more from practising and playing in between your lessons as compared to just turning up for 12 lessons in a row with your mates and only hitting golf balls during your golf lesson

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:24 pm

Deckbuild, I ordered directly from Jim hardy website. Planetruth golf.

People, pls read from the top. This isn't about theory vs coach.

The ts ask for advice as he has no coach anymore. If he's looking or coach, he can and should get coaching, as I suggested to go see the rss coach for instance.

However, if he doesn't want to employ coach at this stage, then the second alternative is to self study/practice, with a theory book...or buy DVDs or watch YouTube etc.
Back to top Go down
Happy Feet
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:37 pm

Or watch golf channel like me

Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 6:58 pm

Unfortunately, I fall under the category of not able to comprehend and learn from books and videos. Cannot do 1-1 becos wifey would complain why didnt include her lol. But I think will start looking for coaching soon.
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:24 pm

jac_mav wrote:
Unfortunately, I fall under the category of not able to comprehend and learn from books and videos. Cannot do 1-1 becos wifey would complain why didnt include her lol. But I think will start looking for coaching soon.

U fallen into the category its-expensive-for-me-to-play-golf, being one that has to find a coach for you and wife , buy clubs for both of u and end up paying for both your games.

I brought my wife to the range once to introduce her to golf, showed her how to hit a ball with my wedge. It was a hot day with the sun shining, went to second level of OCC and she never wanted to follow again. She said that golf is not for her.

Since then , my yearly budget for equipment and games just doubled, I can still afford a 1-1 coach on the side as well. Think about it... Smile
Back to top Go down
rkangrah
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:01 pm

Begbie wrote:
jac_mav wrote:

U fallen into the category its-expensive-for-me-to-play-golf, being one that has to find a coach for you and wife , buy clubs for both of u and end up paying for both your games.

I brought my wife to the range once to introduce her to golf, showed her how to hit a ball with my wedge. It was a hot day with the sun shining, went to second level of OCC and she never wanted to follow again. She said that golf is not for her.

Since then , my yearly budget for equipment and games just doubled, I can still afford a 1-1 coach on the side as well. Think about it... Smile

maybe I can show your wife how good I'm with the ball.....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Today at 1:46 am

Back to top Go down

Inconsistent swing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next