Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Inconsistent swing

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 9:14 pm

unless u play/practice everyday, or else it's really hard for casual golfers to be really consistent every time u go on course. generally I would think how you good/bad your score that day, it's still come down to your short game and recovery.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Dec 19, 2012 11:24 pm

rkangrah wrote:
Begbie wrote:
jac_mav wrote:
Unfortunately, I fall under the category of not able to comprehend and learn from books and videos. Cannot do 1-1 becos wifey would complain why didnt include her lol. But I think will start looking for coaching soon.

U fallen into the category its-expensive-for-me-to-play-golf, being one that has to find a coach for you and wife , buy clubs for both of u and end up paying for both your games.

I brought my wife to the range once to introduce her to golf, showed her how to hit a ball with my wedge. It was a hot day with the sun shining, went to second level of OCC and she never wanted to follow again. She said that golf is not for her.

Since then , my yearly budget for equipment and games just doubled, I can still afford a 1-1 coach on the side as well. Think about it... Smile

maybe I can show your wife how good I'm with the ball.....

wah this one is getting personal liao
Back to top Go down
BabyCroc
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:26 am

audi wrote:
rkangrah wrote:
Begbie wrote:
jac_mav wrote:
Unfortunately, I fall under the category of not able to comprehend and learn from books and videos. Cannot do 1-1 becos wifey would complain why didnt include her lol. But I think will start looking for coaching soon.

U fallen into the category its-expensive-for-me-to-play-golf, being one that has to find a coach for you and wife , buy clubs for both of u and end up paying for both your games.

I brought my wife to the range once to introduce her to golf, showed her how to hit a ball with my wedge. It was a hot day with the sun shining, went to second level of OCC and she never wanted to follow again. She said that golf is not for her.

Since then , my yearly budget for equipment and games just doubled, I can still afford a 1-1 coach on the side as well. Think about it... Smile

wah this one is getting personal liao

Why am i not surprised...Can't blame him for doing so. He's just not articulate enough to defend himself proper, almost in line with the lack of intelligence to derive any value or meaning from an expert's book and render it useless.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Thu Dec 20, 2012 7:11 am

Yowzers, I jizzed again!

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Thu Dec 20, 2012 2:12 pm

Bros, just sharing my own view.
One man need is another man poison. Reading the book or watching from video or with some 1 guiding, both work. It is depend on whether the person able to visualise the key point that is needed for his own.
Personally, I read from magazine and watch video tv or online. Then try to remember the swing at the range. At the same time i had a friend who is single low handicapp willing to guide and correct my swing.
Note Driving range you able to swing and hit with solid contact doesnt mean you able to do the same when you are on the actual field. But you learnt from the mistake you had done in the green and fine tune at the driving range again.

Although i am not a low handicapped player but i think i do improve after every game. Last but not least, what i learn from GR brother, enjoy the game.

cheers
Back to top Go down
jac_mav
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Fri Dec 21, 2012 11:06 am

Begbie wrote:
jac_mav wrote:

Lol...unfortunately, that didnt happen to me. The wife shares the love of golf with me! Even though she complains abt the heat and freckles after every game on the course. Budget for golfing went southwards when she bought more accessories than me lol! Play good not as important as look good haha lol!
Back to top Go down
Revolution21
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Sat Dec 22, 2012 2:08 pm

My body movement which i always tend to move up my body causes to miss hit . Any solution for that??
Back to top Go down
putter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:03 am

Can anyone share with me where can I buy golf related DVD's?

How much will it cost?
Back to top Go down
putter
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Sat Dec 29, 2012 1:08 am

Revolution21 wrote:
My body movement which i always tend to move up my body causes to miss hit . Any solution for that??

My coach told me to push my backside against the wall & turn my body as if I'm making a swing. It helps. Maybe you would like to try that. Can always practice at home or anywhere convenient repeatedly.

Hope this helps!!
Back to top Go down
kangster
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Mon Feb 18, 2013 2:55 pm

Dun be discouraged. Bro n Sis...

"The only consistency in golf is....
Inconsistency!!!"
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:31 pm

rkangrah wrote:
Begbie wrote:
jac_mav wrote:

Hahaha, what a comedian Smile what are you gonna do with a ball? your gonna perform a Thai girl Show or something ? Pop one out of your butt !? Hooray
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Revolution21 wrote:

Just my 2 cents, maybe your head turn too early as in anxious to see the ball flight upon impact...when u do that, your body will follow suit causing u to heave upward..
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Inconsistent swing   Today at 12:12 pm

Back to top Go down

Inconsistent swing
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2