Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Replace with Hybrids?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:19 am

mloy wrote:
I have a 5 iron and I can't hit it. So I got myself a rescue/hybrid to replace it. My 5 iron is still in my bag but for display only. Hopefully one day I can hit it. LOL!!!

I don't have a 3W, can't handle it. I am happy with my 5W & 7W.
Your 7w very good leh.

Anyway I got a 22deg very old rescue mid. Loving it. The day I got it, I never touch my 4 iron again. Now with the fishy sticks, never even get 4 iron.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 9:21 am

mloy wrote:
My 5 iron is still in my bag but for display only. Hopefully one day I can hit it. LOL!!!

When that day happens, I pray that we're on the same team and not opponents.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:17 am

When I started playing golf, I used 3-P irons....this was back in the day when hybrids wereno't used very much...as my body aged and my swing speed slowed I discovered hybrids and haven't looked back since....I only use 7i down for my irons and if u look in my WITB almost half my clubs are hybrids.....I choke down on my 5H only cause my ego won't let me put a 6H in my bag.....that's why I'm so reluctant to buy new irons cause I end up paying for 7 clubs and only use 4.......

Anyway, the first question u need to ask itself is whether u even have the swing sped to launch the 3-5i and 3w..if ju don't then ur decision just got easier.....

Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:20 am

golfool2009 wrote:
When I started playing golf, I used 3-P irons....this was back in the day when hybrids wereno't used very much...as my body aged and my swing speed slowed I discovered hybrids and haven't looked back since....I only use 7i down for my irons and if u look in my WITB almost half my clubs are hybrids.....I choke down on my 5H only cause my ego won't let me put a 6H in my bag.....that's why I'm so reluctant to buy new irons cause I end up paying for 7 clubs and only use 4.......

Anyway, the first question u need to ask itself is whether u even have the swing sped to launch the 3-5i and 3w..if ju don't then ur decision just got easier.....


i get you a 6H for your birthday....

Beer
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 10:22 am

golfool2009 wrote:
When I started playing golf, I used 3-P irons....this was back in the day when hybrids wereno't used very much...as my body aged and my swing speed slowed I discovered hybrids and haven't looked back since....I only use 7i down for my irons and if u look in my WITB almost half my clubs are hybrids.....I choke down on my 5H only cause my ego won't let me put a 6H in my bag.....that's why I'm so reluctant to buy new irons cause I end up paying for 7 clubs and only use 4.......

Anyway, the first question u need to ask itself is whether u even have the swing sped to launch the 3-5i and 3w..if ju don't then ur decision just got easier.....


GF, I feel the same. I can't stand having to pay for a full set of irons (which includes the P, A & S wedges) when I only really use the 6i-9i.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:30 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I'm proud to say that I've relinquished my long irons. No point shaming myself on the course just to have a nicer WITB Smile

These days, I carry:

- 14.5 Adams 3W Super XTD
- 20.5 Cleveland 3H
- 23 Cleveland 4H
- 26 Cleveland 5H

(and I play the 6i-9i).

I may even play a 18 Adams FW but that depends on the course.

Like +1
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 456
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:39 pm

Seems to be a lot of guys in this thread are proficient at using hybrids. I myself don't know how to use a hybrid. Keep buying and selling cause none seems to work.

So is a hybrid swing different from an iron swing? or is it more like a wood swing? Ideally, do you guys take divot when using a hybrid?
Back to top Go down
zakevich
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 147
Join date : 2010-08-19

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:44 pm

I favour hybrids because of my tempo and height.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Mon Dec 24, 2012 3:47 pm

kyleyann wrote:
Seems to be a lot of guys in this thread are proficient at using hybrids. I myself don't know how to use a hybrid. Keep buying and selling cause none seems to work.

So is a hybrid swing different from an iron swing? or is it more like a wood swing? Ideally, do you guys take divot when using a hybrid?

I swing a hybrid like irons ... And I do take divot ...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Replace with Hybrids?   Today at 3:57 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Replace with Hybrids?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» When to replace rear tire...WHEN DO YOU REPLACE YOURS?
» standard seat replace comfort seat
» Front Wheel Bearing Seal remove & replace questions
» How to replace clutch plates? (clutch, gears not working)
» Anyone ever replace a crank ??

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.