Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 need advice on clubs for beginner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 41
Location : woodlands

PostSubject: need advice on clubs for beginner   Sun Nov 01, 2009 5:49 pm

hi all,

I am looking for a set of clubs for myself but not sure what is good for beginner. There are so many brands and models in the market and I do not know where to start looking !

Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too..
any advice? Question
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:39 pm

When you say "beginner," how much of a beginner are you? If you are really new to the sport and have just started taking up coaching, I'd recommend going for a 2nd hand set. There are several on the Marketplace here which I think are decent buys.

However, if you are more familiar with the sport etc, you may want to pop by a fitting studio where you can get fitted for a set of clubs which suit you. You implied that you are tall so it's best to get fitted. A standard ladies set may not be adequate.

Another recommendation would be to pop by one of our range sessions which happen every Wednesday at MBGC (I think). You'll meet lots of golfers there and can test out their clubs etc to see which suits you. This is by no means a perfect approach to club-selection but it does allow you to meet the golfers here and share with/learn from them.

HTH Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:26 pm

Can you clarify on

"Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too.."

Yr height?
Back to top Go down
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 41
Location : woodlands

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:28 pm

Khorkar wrote:
Can you clarify on

"Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too.."

Yr height?


am standing at about 1.68m
Back to top Go down
missmoon
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member


Posts : 4006
Join date : 2009-06-17
Age : 71
Location : LaLa Land~

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:41 pm

wah u can try my TM clubs if you like it you can buy at TM shop at cathay Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org
eiji
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 6193
Join date : 2009-08-22
Age : 35
Location : Training

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:52 pm

pr1nc3ssdi wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Can you clarify on

"Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too.."

Yr height?


am standing at about 1.68m

you can consider graphite men's clubs i believe. think you should try going for a few demos from the different club manufacturers and see what suits you.
Back to top Go down
http://www.idealparts.com.sg
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 41
Location : woodlands

PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:19 pm

eiji wrote:
pr1nc3ssdi wrote:
Khorkar wrote:
Can you clarify on

"Because of my height, my coach did mention that I can consider getting a light men's club too.."

Yr height?


am standing at about 1.68m

you can consider graphite men's clubs i believe. think you should try going for a few demos from the different club manufacturers and see what suits you.



yup, thanks, just dat I thought can narrow down the selection so that its easier for me.. Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: need advice on clubs for beginner   Today at 9:05 am

Back to top Go down
 
need advice on clubs for beginner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Advice of driver for beginner
» Beginner's dilemma: Buy Golf set or separate clubs
» recommendations for beginner ladies set
» Help - any detecting clubs in brisbane?? & advice on gold finds??
» beginner golf equipment

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.