Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 range ball distance

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Tue Nov 10, 2009 8:32 am

Technospaz wrote:
Ooniik, doesn't that format of practice result in less consistent practice with a particular club? The constant swapping of clubs to use doesn't allow you to properly identify and correct your errors (if any).

Hi Techno,

I agree that you may limit certain practice with a particular club... but on a whole it works well for me because we don't take that many strikes on a single club anyways....

well at the end of the day if during my routine, I find that say my wedge shot sucks, then will practice a couple more rounds on distance and direction control....

My 2 cents.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:34 am

ooniik wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Ooniik, doesn't that format of practice result in less consistent practice with a particular club? The constant swapping of clubs to use doesn't allow you to properly identify and correct your errors (if any).

Hi Techno,

I agree that you may limit certain practice with a particular club... but on a whole it works well for me because we don't take that many strikes on a single club anyways....

well at the end of the day if during my routine, I find that say my wedge shot sucks, then will practice a couple more rounds on distance and direction control....

My 2 cents.

Don't get me wrong, bro. Do whatever you feel helps you improve your game. I know many golfers who have differing routines and each believes that it works for them. As long as it works for you, that should matter the most. Don't let my incessant nosiness get in the way of your range sessions Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:50 am

Technospaz wrote:
ooniik wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Ooniik, doesn't that format of practice result in less consistent practice with a particular club? The constant swapping of clubs to use doesn't allow you to properly identify and correct your errors (if any).

Hi Techno,

I agree that you may limit certain practice with a particular club... but on a whole it works well for me because we don't take that many strikes on a single club anyways....

well at the end of the day if during my routine, I find that say my wedge shot sucks, then will practice a couple more rounds on distance and direction control....

My 2 cents.

Don't get me wrong, bro. Do whatever you feel helps you improve your game. I know many golfers who have differing routines and each believes that it works for them. As long as it works for you, that should matter the most. Don't let my incessant nosiness get in the way of your range sessions Smile

heheh.... no worries bro... just explaining the difference I see now compared to when I first started by blasting basketfull of balls and going home with nothing but a sore back and hands..... lol!
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:30 am

thats the endurance training...
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1210
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 29
Location : Serangoon Gardens

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:59 am

went tpy range last night and i took my time! took about 1.5 hours to hit 120 odd balls.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 10:19 am

ironfist wrote:
went tpy range last night and i took my time! took about 1.5 hours to hit 120 odd balls.. Smile

I bet you were bored stiff and fell asleep midway through your 120 balls Razz Laughing

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1121
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:22 pm

find difficult to practice irons/wedges at the range...its totally different on the course. Depends on swing i guess as i take a divot rather than sweep at the ball. Even my 3 hybrid take small divot.

Turf City and range mat is quite a difference. Maybe i am very inconsistent so got difficulty going from one to another.

The only club i can really 'practice' is the driver. But 10 driver swings in a row, i spent liao....with all kinds of bad habits starting to show, more reverse pivot, folded hands, more stack and tilt action, less weight transfer (already got lots of bad habits to start off with, dont need more)

Also at the course, i seem to hit 1-2 club length further. Could be the ball but cannot be so much difference leh.

moral of the story, i will play more course, less range.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 1:10 pm

tronos wrote:
find difficult to practice irons/wedges at the range...its totally different on the course. Depends on swing i guess as i take a divot rather than sweep at the ball. Even my 3 hybrid take small divot.

Turf City and range mat is quite a difference. Maybe i am very inconsistent so got difficulty going from one to another.

The only club i can really 'practice' is the driver. But 10 driver swings in a row, i spent liao....with all kinds of bad habits starting to show, more reverse pivot, folded hands, more stack and tilt action, less weight transfer (already got lots of bad habits to start off with, dont need more)

Also at the course, i seem to hit 1-2 club length further. Could be the ball but cannot be so much difference leh.

moral of the story, i will play more course, less range.


if gonna spent less time range, i recommend more time on the chipping n putting ground, like wat S70B always does...... no wonder he is everybody idol
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:43 pm

I've tested and proven... lack of short game practice affects your score more than your full swing... as long as your full swing shots dun OB or hazards.

Sometimes u top the ball and u still hv decent distance. U top your chip and you will be playing tennis around the green.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:58 pm

slinger wrote:
tronos wrote:
find difficult to practice irons/wedges at the range...its totally different on the course. Depends on swing i guess as i take a divot rather than sweep at the ball. Even my 3 hybrid take small divot.

Turf City and range mat is quite a difference. Maybe i am very inconsistent so got difficulty going from one to another.

The only club i can really 'practice' is the driver. But 10 driver swings in a row, i spent liao....with all kinds of bad habits starting to show, more reverse pivot, folded hands, more stack and tilt action, less weight transfer (already got lots of bad habits to start off with, dont need more)

Also at the course, i seem to hit 1-2 club length further. Could be the ball but cannot be so much difference leh.

moral of the story, i will play more course, less range.


if gonna spent less time range, i recommend more time on the chipping n putting ground, like wat S70B always does...... no wonder he is everybody idol

I so agree. The short game is just as (if not more) important.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Thu Nov 12, 2009 12:23 pm

weesern wrote:
I've tested and proven... lack of short game practice affects your score more than your full swing... as long as your full swing shots dun OB or hazards.

Sometimes u top the ball and u still hv decent distance. U top your chip and you will be playing tennis around the green.

haha.. still do play tennis once in a while due to lack of concentration or too frustrated........ how annoying... and embarassing as well..... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
ironfist
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1210
Join date : 2009-07-30
Age : 29
Location : Serangoon Gardens

PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Thu Nov 12, 2009 1:19 pm

Technospaz wrote:
ironfist wrote:
went tpy range last night and i took my time! took about 1.5 hours to hit 120 odd balls.. Smile

I bet you were bored stiff and fell asleep midway through your 120 balls Razz Laughing

lol yup that's about what happened.. didn't know what to do so i went to the toilet, sneaked a peek at other people's swings, oogled at the distance this angmoh got from his hybrid, sipped my bottle of water.. but despite that, my ball striking slightly improved and i realised my grip had been wrong this whole time which was causing my balls to get blocked to the right. taking your time works! haha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: range ball distance   Today at 2:27 am

Back to top Go down
 
range ball distance
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» MBGC raises range ball prices
» Ball marks from dirty range balls. :(
» Turf City Range Opening Hours & range ball costs?
» Best low and/or mid priced golf ball to use... Any recommendations?
» best place to buy used golf balls

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.