Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The future of golf gear?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1330
Join date : 2010-06-04
Age : 38

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:52 pm

abadan wrote:
costajos wrote:
abadan wrote:
mloy wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Females prefer to buy lingerie, hand bags and shoes ... That is the main reason as to why there are not a wide range of equipment for women locally ...

Actually, I disagree. I suspect that the main reason why there is a limited range of golf equipment for women locally is simply because there aren't as many lady golfers. To have a good selection, you'll need to have sufficient demand. If not, it's not worthwhile.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, unfortunately. If there was a better selection, we may have more lady golfers. If we have more lady golfers, we'd have a better selection.

That is why I custom fit my clubs Razz

aaaaaaaahhhh!! now i know how u can outdrive all 3 guys in ur flight and hit ur approach shots so close for tap in birdies. or even in the hole for eagles! Razz

i see you've been mloyed... has she done monica shots as well? those are like trick shots...

YESS!!! I have been mloyed! BADLY TOO!! hahaha. no monica/trick shots required cus her drives were long and straight, and approach shots were deadly accurate. hahaha. only holes she didn't score well were those she hit over the greens cos of her power. Wink

But its an honor to be beaten by a better player. Have to lose graciously. Well done Mon! i will have my rematch soon! keke :p

Muahahahahaaaaaaa Kena paotoh !!!!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:56 pm

costajos wrote:
abadan wrote:
costajos wrote:
abadan wrote:
mloy wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Females prefer to buy lingerie, hand bags and shoes ... That is the main reason as to why there are not a wide range of equipment for women locally ...

Actually, I disagree. I suspect that the main reason why there is a limited range of golf equipment for women locally is simply because there aren't as many lady golfers. To have a good selection, you'll need to have sufficient demand. If not, it's not worthwhile.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, unfortunately. If there was a better selection, we may have more lady golfers. If we have more lady golfers, we'd have a better selection.

That is why I custom fit my clubs Razz

aaaaaaaahhhh!! now i know how u can outdrive all 3 guys in ur flight and hit ur approach shots so close for tap in birdies. or even in the hole for eagles! Razz

i see you've been mloyed... has she done monica shots as well? those are like trick shots...

YESS!!! I have been mloyed! BADLY TOO!! hahaha. no monica/trick shots required cus her drives were long and straight, and approach shots were deadly accurate. hahaha. only holes she didn't score well were those she hit over the greens cos of her power. Wink

But its an honor to be beaten by a better player. Have to lose graciously. Well done Mon! i will have my rematch soon! keke :p

yea know what you mean... my status says it all...
Pls, she's 23.8 hcp.......btw i also lost...sicc new course.....she 2 pars 101, I 3 pars still 103....... Sad
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 4560
Join date : 2009-09-11
Age : 87
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:27 pm

enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
abadan wrote:
costajos wrote:
abadan wrote:
mloy wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Females prefer to buy lingerie, hand bags and shoes ... That is the main reason as to why there are not a wide range of equipment for women locally ...

Actually, I disagree. I suspect that the main reason why there is a limited range of golf equipment for women locally is simply because there aren't as many lady golfers. To have a good selection, you'll need to have sufficient demand. If not, it's not worthwhile.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, unfortunately. If there was a better selection, we may have more lady golfers. If we have more lady golfers, we'd have a better selection.

That is why I custom fit my clubs Razz

aaaaaaaahhhh!! now i know how u can outdrive all 3 guys in ur flight and hit ur approach shots so close for tap in birdies. or even in the hole for eagles! Razz

i see you've been mloyed... has she done monica shots as well? those are like trick shots...

YESS!!! I have been mloyed! BADLY TOO!! hahaha. no monica/trick shots required cus her drives were long and straight, and approach shots were deadly accurate. hahaha. only holes she didn't score well were those she hit over the greens cos of her power. Wink

But its an honor to be beaten by a better player. Have to lose graciously. Well done Mon! i will have my rematch soon! keke :p

@ Enwee - Wow you scare me leh. You still remember my score. affraid Btw to me it was a tough course but enjoyed playing there.

@ abadan - You were so kind to give me so many strokes how not to win. Razz To set the record straight I did not outdrive you guys. The birdie I had was on par 3. Hand shaking while putting for the birdie bcos my putting sucks. But you your drive is like 100m from mine. Scary lah. Anyway it was a fun day out. Btw you and your partner owe me & partner lunch. Hee hee hee..



yea know what you mean... my status says it all...
Pls, she's 23.8 hcp.......btw i also lost...sicc new course.....she 2 pars 101, I 3 pars still 103....... Sad

@ Enwee - Wow you scare me leh. You still remember my score. affraid Btw to me it was a tough course but enjoyed playing there.

@ abadan - You were so kind to give me so many strokes how not to win. Razz To set the record straight I did not outdrive you guys. The birdie I had was on par 3. Hand shaking while putting for the birdie bcos my putting sucks. But you your drive is like 100m from mine. Scary lah. Anyway it was a fun day out. Btw you and your partner owe me & partner lunch. Hee hee hee..

_________________
Laughter is the best medicine


Last edited by mloy on Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:32 pm

mloy wrote:
mloy wrote:
enwee wrote:
costajos wrote:
abadan wrote:
costajos wrote:
abadan wrote:
mloy wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Females prefer to buy lingerie, hand bags and shoes ... That is the main reason as to why there are not a wide range of equipment for women locally ...

Actually, I disagree. I suspect that the main reason why there is a limited range of golf equipment for women locally is simply because there aren't as many lady golfers. To have a good selection, you'll need to have sufficient demand. If not, it's not worthwhile.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, unfortunately. If there was a better selection, we may have more lady golfers. If we have more lady golfers, we'd have a better selection.

That is why I custom fit my clubs Razz

aaaaaaaahhhh!! now i know how u can outdrive all 3 guys in ur flight and hit ur approach shots so close for tap in birdies. or even in the hole for eagles! Razz

i see you've been mloyed... has she done monica shots as well? those are like trick shots...

YESS!!! I have been mloyed! BADLY TOO!! hahaha. no monica/trick shots required cus her drives were long and straight, and approach shots were deadly accurate. hahaha. only holes she didn't score well were those she hit over the greens cos of her power. Wink

But its an honor to be beaten by a better player. Have to lose graciously. Well done Mon! i will have my rematch soon! keke :p

@ Enwee - Wow you scare me leh. You still remember my score. affraid Btw to me it was a tough course but enjoyed playing there.

@ abadan - You were so kind to give me so many strokes how not to win. Razz To set the record straight I did not outdrive you guys. The birdie I had was on par 3. Hand shaking while putting for the birdie bcos my putting sucks. But you your drive is like 100m from mine. Scary lah. Anyway it was a fun day out. Btw you and your partner owe me & partner lunch. Hee hee hee..



yea know what you mean... my status says it all...
Pls, she's 23.8 hcp.......btw i also lost...sicc new course.....she 2 pars 101, I 3 pars still 103....... Sad

@ Enwee - Wow you scare me leh. You still remember my score. affraid Btw to me it was a tough course but enjoyed playing there.

@ abadan - You were so kind to give me so many strokes how not to win. Razz To set the record straight I did not outdrive you guys. The birdie I had was on par 3. Hand shaking while putting for the birdie bcos my putting sucks. But you your drive is like 100m from mine. Scary lah. Anyway it was a fun day out. Btw you and your partner owe me & partner lunch. Hee hee hee..
How to forget......?how many ladies really played like you...... affraid ?

Got lah...just remembered in fact better....Yanni Tseng lol!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Tue Jan 08, 2013 11:36 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Females prefer to buy lingerie, hand bags and shoes ... That is the main reason as to why there is not a wide range of equipment for women locally ...

Actually, I disagree. I suspect that the main reason why there is a limited range of golf equipment for women locally is simply because there aren't as many lady golfers. To have a good selection, you'll need to have sufficient demand. If not, it's not worthwhile.

It's a bit of a chicken-and-egg situation, unfortunately. If there was a better selection, we may have more lady golfers. If we have more lady golfers, we'd have a better selection.

Yeah but even if there is a proptionately large female golfing fraternity in Sg, I doubt female would change golf equipment as often as the male counterpart ... They would prefer to invest in jewelleries, shoes, handbags, etc. much more than golfing equipment. Thats also suggest why there is a reasonably wide array of female golfing apparels available in Sg ... I believe golfing equipment is still a Man thing ... Oops ... I dun mean to be a MCP! cheers
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:07 am

Well, if there is demand, I believe manufacturers would definitely make golfing equipment and apparel more appealing to the ladies.
After all, the easiest consumer group to sell/market to are the ladies, IMo.
So there is potential if there is demand like what Techno mention.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:33 am

To bring this back to the topic, are manufacturers getting anywhere with all the bling? I'm not sure. While there are technological advancements/enhancements, I suspect that by and large, we're kinda maxing out what golf gear can do already. If so, then perhaps manufacturers are now selling based on bling which can be a worrying trend.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1594
Join date : 2009-06-21

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:22 am

I changed my driver from a 2009 model to a 2001 model...

If anyone can look away from the gimmicks and accept the fact that it is more the person than the club, then no need to change clubs every year. maybe will see bigger difference if you change clubs every 3 years...

Anyway, those that are willing and able to change clubs every year obviously dun mind spending...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 9:27 am

asahi wrote:
Well, if there is demand, I believe manufacturers would definitely make golfing equipment and apparel more appealing to the ladies.
After all, the easiest consumer group to sell/market to are the ladies, IMo.
So there is potential if there is demand like what Techno mention.
Well, I think you have missed my point bro ... What I am trying to bring across is, it is easier to sell apparels to women versus selling golfing equipment. We therefore are still able to find a reasonable array of golf clothings for women in Sg even though the woman golfing fraternity is not huge. You understand where I am coming from?
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 470
Join date : 2012-12-18
Location : In your heart, Babe.

PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Wed Jan 09, 2013 11:38 am



Perspective much?? Shocked
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The future of golf gear?   Today at 12:42 pm

Back to top Go down
 
The future of golf gear?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Golf gear karaguni man
» The Future of Golf Clubs - Irons Edition
» Black Widow Ball Retriever - Mass Order 1: collection- Last call!
» Wrestlemania XXX spoilers
» Recommendtion for Junior Clubs

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.