Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:14 pm


Whether this is seen as an amazing story or a marketing ploy; his work is simply marvelous!


http://scottycameronblog.com/2008/01/11/custom-shop-overhaulin/


Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 486
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 44
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:31 pm

Yes I concur...amazing work to an item that most would have just discarded.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:38 pm

That's amazing work. It's a very nice gesture for the Scotty team to hustle to get it in before Christmas but I wonder how much this exercise cost.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 486
Join date : 2011-02-14
Age : 44
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:45 pm

Technospaz wrote:
That's amazing work. It's a very nice gesture for the Scotty team to hustle to get it in before Christmas but I wonder how much this exercise cost.

According to the Scotty website it is $195.00 for a teryllium restoration. Plus grip, plus shaft, plus head cover. Seems to be a pricey project for certain.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:52 pm

DRGjr72 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
That's amazing work. It's a very nice gesture for the Scotty team to hustle to get it in before Christmas but I wonder how much this exercise cost.

According to the Scotty website it is $195.00 for a teryllium restoration. Plus grip, plus shaft, plus head cover. Seems to be a pricey project for certain.

Yowzers! Expensive but for classic putters, it can be money well spent Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 12:55 pm

If that is the price to replace grip, shaft and cover, plus to restore the head, I think it defitely worth to restore those rare models like TeI3.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 3:59 pm

are u sure this is the same putter? Question
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1129
Join date : 2011-12-28
Age : 35
Location : Out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:26 pm

Technospaz wrote:
DRGjr72 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
That's amazing work. It's a very nice gesture for the Scotty team to hustle to get it in before Christmas but I wonder how much this exercise cost.

According to the Scotty website it is $195.00 for a teryllium restoration. Plus grip, plus shaft, plus head cover. Seems to be a pricey project for certain.

Yowzers! Expensive but for classic putters, it can be money well spent Smile

Yep all in all the cost of restoration is reasonable. the only downside for us here in Sg is the additional postage that we have to incur to and fro
Back to top Go down
Denis
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 233
Join date : 2009-11-22

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:04 am

wow very impressive Scotty Cameron
Back to top Go down
aero66
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 102
Join date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Thu Jan 17, 2013 9:05 am

Impressive indeed and for a good cause.
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 456
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:47 am

But the overhauled putter still looks 'off', like a car kena langgar and someone repaired and painted over...you get what I mean? just my thoughts though
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1129
Join date : 2011-12-28
Age : 35
Location : Out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Thu Jan 17, 2013 11:54 am

kyleyann wrote:
But the overhauled putter still looks 'off', like a car kena langgar and someone repaired and painted over...you get what I mean? just my thoughts though

really? i actually thought that it looks so good, that maybe they just replaced it with a brand new putter...
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:09 pm

scottycollector wrote:
kyleyann wrote:
But the overhauled putter still looks 'off', like a car kena langgar and someone repaired and painted over...you get what I mean? just my thoughts though

really? i actually thought that it looks so good, that maybe they just replaced it with a brand new putter...

Ya man, it looks to me as good as new. Unless the new pcs is placed next to it to benchmark, i am not able to tell.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling   Today at 6:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Scotty Cameron : Custom Shop Overhauling
» Restoration Scotty Custom Shop - Scotty Cameron Tel3 Terryllium Long Neck
» Scotty Cameron Buttonback Newport2
» Scotty Cameron Golf Grip
» When in BKK... Scotty Cameron @ Thaniya Plaza

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.