Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Putting the B-50 through the flex test

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Tue Jan 22, 2013 10:43 pm

we are really honoured to be bestowed the opportunity to get delivery of demos of Diamana B 50 series in all flexes today and without delay, we put it to the test.

here's how they fare......

its the first time that a Diamana series is made at 50g and this shaft will only be available in Asia.

we use a 200 g weight to simulate the average weight of a driver.

we use my favourite nut cracker otherwise acknowledge as one of the best frequency measuring device out there with pneumatic gripping which allows for more accurate reading using laser motion capture.

here's how the shaft measure up.....

The R flex at 45 inch without grip reads 236 cpm with a 4.5 degree torque.

The SR flex at 45 inch without grip reads 248 cpm with a 4.4 degree torque.

The S flex at 45 inch without grip reads 255 cpm with a 4.3 degree torque.

The X flex at 45 inch without grip reads nearly 268 cpm with a 4.2 degree torque.

Our thoughts.....MRC is very strategic in rolling out the B series. A lot of golfers in Asia particularly, have always wanted a great feeling shaft with the performance to match. Using MRC's proprietary 78 ton prepeq and resin application, they are able to achieve a super light weight shaft that enjoy the same stability of heavier shafts. Looking at the torque, it will show that the stiffness is compensated by the higher torque to enhance the feedback while using the quality of the 78 ton prepeg to produce the desired stability....Clever!!!

After testing and feedback from users, it confirms our thoughts about the shafts. for those who want to give the B-50 a trashing to test its performance and feel, please come by the Den. we have shafts for Razr Fit for testing and if you do not have the heads, we do have them in 9.5 and 10.5 degrees.

Thank you for your attention.

DGman

Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DRGjr72
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:21 pm

Hmmm...50x. Very nice.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:59 pm

enwee i heard you pop one in your octane black? any review?

Dan your X is waiting patiently for you.
Back to top Go down
markdylan
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:14 pm

Whoa..this shaft looks swee..
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Sun Jan 27, 2013 9:29 pm

DGman wrote:
enwee i heard you pop one in your octane black? any review?

Dan your X is waiting patiently for you.
Well ok...did a round in MBGC with the 50r compare to the previous tour ad this is definitely one notch higher. More penatrating flight with a lower spin although the tip is quite active but upon contact the whole shaft is very stable and even a of centre shot the side effect not that great, with a harder ground the ball tend to roll more as well. For those considering lighter shaft, I would definitely recommend this over the others of the Mitsubishi Rayon, unless you are telling me abt the ltd ed version, which is sorry out of my range.
Back to top Go down
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Sun Jan 27, 2013 11:01 pm

Boss- am i still supposed to come down after my japan trip to get the 50r?
Will be back this coming week.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Mon Jan 28, 2013 10:38 am

bogey_free wrote:
Boss- am i still supposed to come down after my japan trip to get the 50r?
Will be back this coming week.

have a great holiday and hopefully before i go and get my ass freeze during the CNY period.....
Back to top Go down
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Mon Jan 28, 2013 2:44 pm

Hokkaido was having a blizzard when i left.
Quite a few flights were either delayed, diverted or cancelled.
Mine was delayed.
But was damn beautiful there.
Tokyo is not too cold.
You should be still in town when i get back.
So you have a 50r for me now or i have to wait for the stock to come in?
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:20 pm

Boss, got any shaft to "testdrive"?
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:34 pm

i have a pull out bamboo rod and a ugly black and orange shaft.....which one do you prefer?

seriously you want to take the Diamana B 70 S flex out for a spin. if you do not have a TM head, we can do have a spare supertri 9.5.

DGman

Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:44 pm

haha!
I'll come down to the Den to get "poisoned" then.... Shocked after I'm done iwth lessons....
Back to top Go down
jimmchew
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Wed Jan 30, 2013 10:39 am

Is this alr available for sale? Pls reply:)
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Wed Jan 30, 2013 11:03 am

the 50 is not available yet......we have quite a few forward orders though...delivery in late feb or early march.....
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Thu Jan 31, 2013 9:42 am

I was surprised at how stable this 50 gram shaft is. I got one round under my belt, 50X with Callaway RAZR Fit Tour Authentic. Compare it head-to-head with the 60 gram version and they both perform equally well. I got more carry and a few extra yards with the 50 grams, without sacrificing dispersion and control.

On my way to a friendly tournament right now, this time I got the 50S in my one week old R1. Initial numbers on Trackman tells me at 10* loft it will be a high-launch, low-spin setup. Not a good idea, I know. But this is a friendly tournament and being a club ho, I can't resist the temptation of playing this set up after seeing the Trackman numbers.

Will update later.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:22 am

Yarra, any comparisons with 50x kurokage?
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:07 pm

For the second time, weather ruins my fun. Can't comment much but these things are for sure: the 50 grams New Diamana Blueboard is definitely mid-high launch, mid-low spin, very stable and smooth. And the R1 head is definitely low launch, low spin head. Feels better than the R11s it replaces but sounds a little annoying to my ears.

pushslice wrote:
Yarra, any comparisons with 50x kurokage?

Compared to the Kuro Kage 50, IMO the biggest difference is the feel. The Blueboard feels much softer and much smoother than the Kuro Kage. If you like 'boardy'-feeling shaft, then the Kuro Kage is your shaft. Performance-wise, I think the launch about the same. Blueboard gives lower spin, though.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:45 pm

I don't find Kuro boardy Laughing my swing is too slow hehehe. Tks!
Back to top Go down
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Fri Feb 01, 2013 9:21 am

pushslice wrote:
I don't find Kuro boardy Laughing my swing is too slow hehehe. Tks!

Drop by the Den, hit the Blueboard and feel the difference. Wink
Back to top Go down
jimmchew
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 pm

when i drop by i can test just the shaft or with a head? thanks
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:36 pm

Begin to see more and more what this shaft can do, last sun in Pulai Spring, managed to hit one of the best shot with it for the index 1 hole. Although the ball took of quite high but when it landed instead of hop and stop, which my previous shaft did most of the time, it roll forward a lot down the slope almost left with a 120 yards upslope 2nd shot. A bit paiseh also because the front flight did stop on top so we tee off not knowing that they were still around. But nevertheless it's so wonderful. Now can't wait to see what happened if fitted with a new head.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Putting the B-50 through the flex test   Today at 3:50 am

Back to top Go down

Putting the B-50 through the flex test
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1