Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Economical iron set for beginner

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:41 am

Anyone has anything to recommend? Nothing too fanciful. Functional and economical for beginner.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 9:50 am

Actually what's your budget like?
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:14 am

enwee wrote:
Actually what's your budget like?

I am clueless really. What's the range like?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:16 am

adrian01 wrote:
enwee wrote:
Actually what's your budget like?

I am clueless really. What's the range like?
Well totally depending on what you want? Can be $100-$200 which I thought this range many are craps, can be $300-$400, can also be $500 and above. Depending on shaft and brand.
Back to top Go down
Najibapark
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 381
Join date : 2012-02-25
Age : 19

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:32 am

I think you can get some burner 3.0 for about 300-400 . There were sales at the market place!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:34 am

Actually, why not look into callaway x-series, I think someone was selling a X-22/24 also ask timang84 whether he still wanna sell his RBZ irons, these are ok.
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:48 am

Najibapark wrote:
I think you can get some burner 3.0 for about 300-400 . There were sales at the market place!

What's a burner?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 am

adrian01 wrote:
Najibapark wrote:
I think you can get some burner 3.0 for about 300-400 . There were sales at the market place!

What's a burner?
Burner is Taylormade model. Walk into golf house you'll see.
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:49 am

enwee wrote:
Actually, why not look into callaway x-series, I think someone was selling a X-22/24 also ask timang84 whether he still wanna sell his RBZ irons, these are ok.

Gosh all sound so alien to me. I'm clueless man. Actually I just need an iron 7 for practice at the moment.
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:50 am

enwee wrote:
adrian01 wrote:
Najibapark wrote:
I think you can get some burner 3.0 for about 300-400 . There were sales at the market place!

What's a burner?
Burner is Taylormade model. Walk into golf house you'll see.

I see. Like Samba from Adidas.
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:06 am

i am wearing samba for sometime, its really cool looking and nice.
But decided to switch to 260 ATV.
Samba not water proof so in wet condition water will go into the shoes.
Also i felt there is too little spikes on it.
not the most comfortable shoe to walk the whole 18 hole course.
just my take and two cents

Cheers!
Smile
Back to top Go down
Tokkokking
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 290
Join date : 2012-10-06
Age : 37
Location : Aljunied/Geylang

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:40 am

Go to GD.
They have complete sets for only 199 or 299.
And they hv more decent irons sets at reasonable price also.

Real advice is pick up a preowned set on mkt place here. Good enough to last you until you get your handicap before you consider really what you really need after having played the game.
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2087
Join date : 2009-11-30

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 11:55 am

Or go to TM demo day for rocketbladz, they giving out 7iron I believe.
Perfect to start your lesson and practice, also start the poisoning...
Muah ah ah ah
Back to top Go down
je7170
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:10 pm

pocketace wrote:
Or go to TM demo day for rocketbladz, they giving out 7iron I believe.
Perfect to start your lesson and practice, also start the poisoning...
Muah ah ah ah

No More liao. Last time I went, only got R11S Limited Cover.

Aslo if you are serious into the game, get something decent that can last you till handicap.

For 200-300 set, maybe last you for 6-8 month and you will be considering to change. (From personal experience) Smile
Back to top Go down
Solutions
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:16 pm

Tokkokking wrote:
Go to GD.
They have complete sets for only 199 or 299.
And they hv more decent irons sets at reasonable price also.

Real advice is pick up a preowned set on mkt place here. Good enough to last you until you get your handicap before you consider really what you really need after having played the game.

Second that!
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:29 pm

snagy23 wrote:
i am wearing samba for sometime, its really cool looking and nice.
But decided to switch to 260 ATV.
Samba not water proof so in wet condition water will go into the shoes.
Also i felt there is too little spikes on it.
not the most comfortable shoe to walk the whole 18 hole course.
just my take and two cents

Cheers!
Smile

I'm a supporter of Adidas and I like the design of the Samba too. Might not get it yet. Maybe wait till I do go to the course.
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:30 pm

Tokkokking wrote:
Go to GD.
They have complete sets for only 199 or 299.
And they hv more decent irons sets at reasonable price also.

Real advice is pick up a preowned set on mkt place here. Good enough to last you until you get your handicap before you consider really what you really need after having played the game.

Yeah I'll drop by and see if they have anything to recommend. GD is just next to me. Haha...
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 12:32 pm

je7170 wrote:
pocketace wrote:
Or go to TM demo day for rocketbladz, they giving out 7iron I believe.
Perfect to start your lesson and practice, also start the poisoning...
Muah ah ah ah

No More liao. Last time I went, only got R11S Limited Cover.

Aslo if you are serious into the game, get something decent that can last you till handicap.

For 200-300 set, maybe last you for 6-8 month and you will be considering to change. (From personal experience) Smile

"Considering to change"? As in backside itchy? :p
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 2:50 pm

IMHO, Adidas best shoes still the adipure and the 360 series.
Golfers are curious animal always backside itchy.
Back to top Go down
IGT
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 465
Join date : 2012-04-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 3:28 pm

Very Happy ROFL

This thread should be placed under "Joke".

From query about beginner set "sliced" to shoes discussion!

Freaking hilarious.....totally OB!

Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:02 pm

adrian01 wrote:
snagy23 wrote:
i am wearing samba for sometime, its really cool looking and nice.
But decided to switch to 260 ATV.
Samba not water proof so in wet condition water will go into the shoes.
Also i felt there is too little spikes on it.
not the most comfortable shoe to walk the whole 18 hole course.
just my take and two cents

Cheers!
Smile

I'm a supporter of Adidas and I like the design of the Samba too. Might not get it yet. Maybe wait till I do go to the course.

You should get it a pair of golf shoe now, so you can get use to it when you go on course.
It is one of the best investment, GD samba going cheap also i think only 69 or something, i got it 129 when it came out. its a good buy.
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 5:06 pm

IGT wrote:
Very Happy ROFL

This thread should be placed under "Joke".

From query about beginner set "sliced" to shoes discussion!

Freaking hilarious.....totally OB!


Sorry to OT.
Back to top Go down
adrian01
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 34
Join date : 2010-07-17
Age : 42
Location : Bright Hill Drive

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 6:43 pm

snagy23 wrote:
adrian01 wrote:
snagy23 wrote:
i am wearing samba for sometime, its really cool looking and nice.
But decided to switch to 260 ATV.
Samba not water proof so in wet condition water will go into the shoes.
Also i felt there is too little spikes on it.
not the most comfortable shoe to walk the whole 18 hole course.
just my take and two cents

Cheers!
Smile

I'm a supporter of Adidas and I like the design of the Samba too. Might not get it yet. Maybe wait till I do go to the course.

You should get it a pair of golf shoe now, so you can get use to it when you go on course.
It is one of the best investment, GD samba going cheap also i think only 69 or something, i got it 129 when it came out. its a good buy.

Yeah guess can buy and keep first since there's a sales now.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 7:35 pm

adrian01 wrote:
snagy23 wrote:
adrian01 wrote:
snagy23 wrote:
i am wearing samba for sometime, its really cool looking and nice.
But decided to switch to 260 ATV.
Samba not water proof so in wet condition water will go into the shoes.
Also i felt there is too little spikes on it.
not the most comfortable shoe to walk the whole 18 hole course.
just my take and two cents

Cheers!
Smile

I'm a supporter of Adidas and I like the design of the Samba too. Might not get it yet. Maybe wait till I do go to the course.

You should get it a pair of golf shoe now, so you can get use to it when you go on course.
It is one of the best investment, GD samba going cheap also i think only 69 or something, i got it 129 when it came out. its a good buy.

Yeah guess can buy and keep first since there's a sales now.
Don't keep shoes lah....too long never wear the soles will come apart. Anyway u found your irons?
Back to top Go down
je7170
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 52
Join date : 2012-08-15

PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Sat Jan 26, 2013 8:33 pm

adrian01 wrote:
je7170 wrote:
pocketace wrote:
Or go to TM demo day for rocketbladz, they giving out 7iron I believe.
Perfect to start your lesson and practice, also start the poisoning...
Muah ah ah ah

No More liao. Last time I went, only got R11S Limited Cover.

Aslo if you are serious into the game, get something decent that can last you till handicap.

For 200-300 set, maybe last you for 6-8 month and you will be considering to change. (From personal experience) Smile

"Considering to change"? As in backside itchy? :p

No lah. Just that found that I can't get the distance I want after sometimes.

Having changed my "set" driver to RBZ and it did help me gain more distance.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Economical iron set for beginner   Today at 3:58 am

Back to top Go down
 
Economical iron set for beginner
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Economical iron set for beginner
» Looking for Golf Coach (beginner level)
» Which clubs to fill between driver and 4 iron
» Is the swing different when using iron, wood and driver?
» Steel or cast iron sleeve and where can i get that done

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Welcome to Golf Republic Forum :: Self Introduction-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.