Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
talltist
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:48 am

anyone knows what type of car can accommodate golf bag at the very least?
Back to top Go down
imrog
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:51 am

Honda Jazz can fit 2 stand bags stacked on top of each other bro
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:54 am

Vios and Altis get my vote for this. Relatively cheap, reliable and the boot can easily put 4 stand bags for Altis.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:07 am

I'm with enwee on this, vios/altis as a no frills reliable family/golf car is right up there. Bought a 2nd hand altis @ 2 years old and drove it for 5 years with routine servicing completely hassle free.

As for hatchbacks, I think if you fold the back seat down, can comfortably fit, otherwise you might have to take the driver out to fit the length of the bag into the width of the car.

I'm driving a CRZ now, and it will fit 2 pax and 2 cart bags quite easily, however, since the back seat needs to be folded down, impossible to take 3 pax.

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am

Missan Latio is best in my opinion, Biggest boot for a 1.5L car. Can accommodate 5 bags without a problem. Cool
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:01 am

my hyundai avante is good too.. definitely in the ranks of Vios and Latio. excellent boot space.
I am not so sure about the new elantra but the looks of it is very nice.

given that coe are so expensive now, an Elantra cost $145k where as a new Jetta is $156k. more people would choose a conti car.
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 am

Sedan is better.. At least u can leave ur golfbag in boot n car still can take 3 passenger at rear.
I would go for Altis, can put 4 golbags with 1 flight of passengers!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:11 am

My vote: Altis
New facelift or e older model both can fit 4 x Sunday bags comfortably! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
benedictteo83
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:12 am

At least I know last time my Hyundai getz sure can't, have to put it at my car rear seat
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:15 am

hkhamateur wrote:
New facelift or e older model both can fit 4 x Sunday bags comfortably! Very Happy

Bro, what u mean by Sunday bags? scratch

One of my kakis who owned an Altis, and its boot can accommodate 4 standard size stand bags plus four small boston bags ... Cool

I think the Camry can handle 5-6 stand bags ... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:18 am

Turbo wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:

One of my kakis who owned an Altis, and its boot can accommodate 4 standard size stand bags plus four small boston bags ... Cool

Ya, my fren altis can put 2 cart bags n 2 standbags with our boston bags.
I was so surprised that the boot is that big!
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:29 am

Turbo wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:

Oh....he s a big container inside his boot too n yet can accommodate 4 x Stand bags + 2 x boston bags.. Smile
Paiseh forgotten to highlight. Embarassed

Last edited by hkhamateur on Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ranctor
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:34 am

Camry 6x standbags? I drive one and only can fit 4 golf bags (stand or cartbag and 4 boston bags in the boot.

Turbo wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:

Back to top Go down
GolfMania
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:53 am

For HB, you may consider the Ford Focus. Can accommodate 2 golf bags with the 3rd one stack on top.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:02 pm

Just saw the Volvo V40! Damn swee man.... Small and tough..
Back to top Go down
markdylan
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:50 pm

Altis +1...economical n reliable..roomy cabin n plenty of boot space..
Back to top Go down
aze06
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:10 pm

Vios +1 definitely... one of the lowest running cost / fuss-free sedan car around...
3 bags no issue! Laughing
Back to top Go down
Begbie
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:41 pm

Honda city also can fit 4 cart bags easy. Latio is another option.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm

ranctor wrote:
Camry 6x standbags? I drive one and only can fit 4 golf bags (stand or cartbag and 4 boston bags in the boot.

Turbo wrote:
hkhamateur wrote:

Ok bro ... I thought the Camry boot is bigger than the Altis, no? Maybe the 2nd generation Ah Beng Camry can as I remember one of my friends drove the older Camry years ago managed to squeeze in 5 stand bags ... Laughing

Mine is the worse off, can only carry two bags and must position diagonally ... If I unfold 50% of the seat, may squeeze in another bag only ... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:12 pm

Alfa Romeo Mito and VW Scirocco can fit 2 stand or cart bags. But drivers and woods have to ride in the back seats.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:50 pm

most cars should be able to fit lah.. trick is to remove the woods from the bag and put them separately in the boot. Me driving a Kia Rio HB.. 2 stand bags no issue.. can still squeeze in 3rd bag with careful planning.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

if i have to take out driver n woods from the bag, it defeats the purpose of me having a car to accomodate the bag......
Back to top Go down
yob_ha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:04 pm

At last, someone is the same as me. Go into a showroom to open the boot first... lol!
I managed to squeeze 1 stand + 1 cart bag in a Impreza HB, and that's all.
Back to top Go down
swordwind
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:46 pm

Since we are talking about smallest car here.. although this one is not a sedan or a hb, can I just mention how surprised i was to find out tt the rx8 can fit up to 3 stand bags (2 standard size + 1 mini stand bag to be exact)? haha.. don't hv to remove woods, but for longer drivers, they will hv to be removed & be slotted in separately. Amazing!
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:59 pm

slinger wrote:
if i have to take out driver n woods from the bag, it defeats the purpose of me having a car to accomodate the bag......

well I got my car for family transportation purpose.. fitting the golf bag in the boot is a bonus.. coz I didn't expect the bag to fit the boot in the first place.. but when a fren told me this trick of taking out the driver.. I tot it was a cool workaround.. hehehe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Today at 6:24 am

Back to top Go down

Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next