Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
ranctor
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:19 pm

I saw a couple driving Mazda MX-5. convertible. they have 2 golf bags stow on top their boot. probably a rack of some sort.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:23 pm

Cyrano wrote:
slinger wrote:
if i have to take out driver n woods from the bag, it defeats the purpose of me having a car to accomodate the bag......

well I got my car for family transportation purpose.. fitting the golf bag in the boot is a bonus.. coz I didn't expect the bag to fit the boot in the first place.. but when a fren told me this trick of taking out the driver.. I tot it was a cool workaround.. hehehe.

when i bought my present car, my primary intention was for the family..

i also think abt my golf bag...

my WISH satisfies both....

friend of mine bought his beemer 3 series....

he now thinking of changing his beemer cos he got tired of taking out driver everytime he drops his bag.....
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:50 pm

Actually the civic also not bad, can put 4 stand bags also.
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 8:54 pm

Cyrano wrote:
slinger wrote:
if i have to take out driver n woods from the bag, it defeats the purpose of me having a car to accomodate the bag......

well I got my car for family transportation purpose.. fitting the golf bag in the boot is a bonus.. coz I didn't expect the bag to fit the boot in the first place.. but when a fren told me this trick of taking out the driver.. I tot it was a cool workaround.. hehehe.

I hear you brother. I am a sucker for hot hatches and the way they handle. If my drivers don't fit in a golf bag in the boot, I am not gonna lose sleep over it.
Back to top Go down
Cyrano
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:24 pm

copen123 wrote:
Cyrano wrote:
slinger wrote:

I hear you brother. I am a sucker for hot hatches and the way they handle. If my drivers don't fit in a golf bag in the boot, I am not gonna lose sleep over it.

Well.. nothing hot abt my HB.. it's juz a humble Kiarrari.. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA
Back to top Go down
copen123
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Wed Feb 13, 2013 9:28 pm

Cyrano wrote:
copen123 wrote:
Cyrano wrote:
slinger wrote:

Well.. nothing hot abt my HB.. it's juz a humble Kiarrari.. HAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

The price we pay for our cars now, we should be entitled to append "rrari" to whatever we drive.
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Thu Feb 14, 2013 1:34 am

Vw golf anyone?
Back to top Go down
supernova
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 1:50 am

i have a mini cooper. unfortunately boot cant fit the bag. i put it in my back seat. but its a lifestyle choice, oh wells Smile
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:13 am

supernova wrote:
i have a mini cooper. unfortunately boot cant fit the bag. i put it in my back seat. but its a lifestyle choice, oh wells Smile

+1

Had a 2 door for 2 years.. Remember drove up to jb to play golf in that with friend, while the golf bags in the back seats.

Hahaha

Lifestyle choice !
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:27 pm

Latio hatchback or sedan can fit 4-5 stand bags.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:49 pm

Toyota Allion!

Comfort of a Camry.
Economy of a Vios.
Size of a Altis.
Can take 4 bags

Cheaper den Altis. Draw back is its a P.I car.

Drove a swift previously,
boot width cant take even 1 bag. need to take out driver and adjust to weird angles
Back to top Go down
Tokkokking
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:00 pm

slinger wrote:
Cyrano wrote:
slinger wrote:

when i bought my present car, my primary intention was for the family..

i also think abt my golf bag...

my WISH satisfies both....

friend of mine bought his beemer 3 series....

he now thinking of changing his beemer cos he got tired of taking out driver everytime he drops his bag.....

The C class too. Only 1 cart bag or maybe squeeze 2 standbags at best. The A4 boot size not too bad.
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:26 pm

It's public transport for me now.
Car is too x in singapore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?   Today at 9:42 pm

Back to top Go down

Smallest sedan/hatchback car that accomodate golf bag?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2