Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Championship Golf

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Championship Golf   Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:49 pm

Green Fairways is now under new management ( I think it is run by Alan Murray, the former Singapore Open Champ in the 70s) and is call Championship Golf?

Have anyone been there recently? I read about it and wonder if they have re-condition the green and fairway and driving range. I wonder what can I do with my old transview card.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Tue Feb 26, 2013 3:23 pm

It's Champions Golf Academy . They didn't do any renovation just brought more teaching professional
http://championsgolf.com.sg/range.html

As my understanding your transview card is worth nothing you had to exchange it before 26/12/2012 to get the credit back to cash .... This is because transview isn't in any conditiion part of green fairways
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:09 pm

Cyp_PGA wrote:
It's Champions Golf Academy . They didn't do any renovation just brought more teaching professional
http://championsgolf.com.sg/range.html

As my understanding your transview card is worth nothing you had to exchange it before 26/12/2012 to get the credit back to cash .... This is because transview isn't in any conditiion part of green fairways

Sad, if they dont do anything, wonder how they expect to do better. I hope its not like NSRCC where they bring in lots of ang mors and increase the price and everyone then siam the place. Once it was packed daily till close, now its mainly empty - sad. I use to be coach by locals for $25-30, now they charge $80+...

GUess I keep mu card as a momento to remember green fairways Sad
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:28 pm

Basically the driving had change the matt, new distance indicator. Better lighting compare to the past. However, when your reach 150 above, u can hardly see the land. When reach 200, u can forget abt looking for the ball. Pretty disappointed that lighting din improve much but only increase in price. $2 for 30balls.
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: $$$   Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:49 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:
Basically the driving had change the matt, new distance indicator. Better lighting compare to the past. However, when your reach 150 above, u can hardly see the land. When reach 200, u can forget abt looking for the ball. Pretty disappointed that lighting din improve much but only increase in price. $2 for 30balls.

Wha thx. I guess for 30 balls I will go there. To practice better go back to NSRCC, $20 for 50 balls
Back to top Go down
coe16arg
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:44 pm

You meant $2 rite?

And...is there a range at Kranji now?
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:35 pm

Thx for highlighting the typo...Yep $2 for 50 balls for members and $3 for 50 balls for non members. Nope there is no driving range at Kranji and that is why they close the place around 7:30 pm...
Back to top Go down
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:38 pm

sim.t.lim wrote:

Do you know if they changed the balls? The last I rmbed green fairway's balls were in bad shape. Quite a few were even cracked.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:19 pm

my friend went there and said will be his last...will find out more from him why...
Back to top Go down
aerosmith10
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks bro. Sound really bad.
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Fri Mar 01, 2013 9:20 pm

Hi guys

You can continue the thread.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t17285p165-vote-worst-driving-range?highlight=Worst+range

Seems like Championship Golf may have dug itself out of the worst range with the new reno...

cheers
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:15 pm

aerosmith10 wrote:
sim.t.lim wrote:

Do you know if they changed the balls? The last I rmbed green fairway's balls were in bad shape. Quite a few were even cracked.

The balls are new now... but still think is exp for the $2 for 30 balls. I would rather go mbgc. Nearer to my place... i used to hang out with a couple of friend there.. but now we don think it worth to go there anymore...
Back to top Go down
smokey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Fri Mar 01, 2013 11:32 pm

To be fair, and if I m not wrong, it's actually around the same price for mbgc. Apart from the off peak hours on weekdays ($3 for 75 balls), the price for mbgc is $3 for 50 balls and $3.5 for 50 balls after 6pm. That goes the same for nsrcc for non members.

In any case, one should not associate champions golf to the previous green fairway as they are totally 2 different set-up and as what had been discussed, the new operator had changed the mats n balls.

To talk about the previous poor condition under the heading of the new operator is a bit unfair I guess.
Back to top Go down
sim.t.lim
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:56 am

Ya... i stay near tampines. Last time it was cheap and friends gather ard thre and practise there. Now given same price as mbgc, it will be more convinient for me to there. Ohh... That day i buy 2 100plus and 1 green tea. Cost $7. That is a bit exp too..
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Sat Mar 02, 2013 10:45 pm

2 100plus + 1 green tea =$7??!!!! Shocked
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Championship Golf   Today at 12:31 pm

Back to top Go down

Championship Golf
View previous topic View next topic Back to top