Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:39 pm

This is a question that I have been asking myself recently. Ok a bit of intro.....I'm currently a 15 hcp. Used to play in the mid 80s when I play once every week and go range once a week.

17 mths ago, my 1st baby gal (a bundle of joy from God) arrived. Since then, I never go range again on a weekday night. I stopped golfing for about 2 mths. Thereafter I go to greens twice a month. Recently, it became once a mth.

My score start to go up and up. From high 80s to lows 90s, to mid 90s to high 90s and for the last 2 rounds, its 101 and 104.......ah ha ha

Frankly, I feel I can still strike the ball decently. Its the < 100m shots and putting that desertted me. My golf buddies (if they are here) can attest to that.

So bro, if u play once a mth and range once a mth.....and u are a 12 hcp, low to mid 90s should be no prob. But to consistenyl achieve mid 80s....may be a bit diff.

Then again, all of us are diff. U could be much more talented. I am just sharing my story Smile
Back to top Go down
pocketace
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:53 pm

Skybobo don't be like that. I play twice your no. Of games, scores also like dat

Your putting touch may have deserted you lately but I've witnessed you make so many Putts it makes me sic!

This sat we play level.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Bro skybobo, I am in almost the same situation as you except that my wife got struck with cancer and I stopped golfing for 3 years. No mood to play. But that was 5 years ago (2008) since I pick up the game again. Things are much better since then and now I golf weekly. Smile
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:40 pm

Bro TDO, understand your position. In life, golf is definitely not the most impt thing.
Nothing beats the quality time spent with your loved ones.

Hope to have a chance to golf with u one of these days.
If u do join UL, count me along too if I’m available
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 2:55 pm

skybobo wrote:
Bro TDO, understand your position. In life, golf is definitely not the most impt thing.

Bro, you know UL?
Back to top Go down
pravnash
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:15 pm

I've increased my frequency of games to 6 times a month, and once a week for range visits.
Hoping to see some 80s on my scorecard soon ! Sick of seeing 90s for many months !!
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 3:58 pm

TDO wrote:
skybobo wrote:

Bro, you know UL?
Of course bro, markie here
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 4:24 pm

TDO wrote:
You have to to fairly talented to maintain Hcp 18 if you only play once a week. I golf 6 times a month and still have difficulty playing below 90 consistently. Very Happy

Bro TDO, your problem is LOFT which coincidentally same as mine. lol!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Tue Mar 05, 2013 6:43 pm

nutty88 wrote:
TDO wrote:
You have to to fairly talented to maintain Hcp 18 if you only play once a week. I golf 6 times a month and still have difficulty playing below 90 consistently. Very Happy

Bro TDO, your problem is LOFT which coincidentally same as mine. lol!
Bro, we should arrange a game one of these weekends to exchange pointers. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?   Today at 2:20 am

Back to top Go down

What's the best score possible for this limited playtime?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2