Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Upset with MBGC and MGK...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:02 pm

This morning I went to mbgc for a quick 9-holes as there's MGK promo last time I went... Which is at $40+..

Reach there and found out the offer is for twin sharing so I am alone today so for 1 ball, it's $60+ for 9-holes. I was thinking that I need to have a quick game so don't mind paying more to play alone so that I can game it faster... Happily paid and move on.... Now I notice a lady paying up beside me...

At the buddy area, was told that I got to wait to joint flight... I was like... What the heck... But I move on when the other ball was here... And it was that lady beside me just now at the counter...

Halfway thru the game, found out that the other ball is a MGK member too and also paid higher price due to single ball... Then now came the 2 of us waking up... What the heck we are told to paid more as we tee off single but then after asked us to joint flight? Like this mbgc made use or us paying more but we share only 1 cart?

Further more, there isn't any flight after us all the way thru out 9-holes...

We felt cheated but I in a rush therefore never go ask for explanation... How can this be happening? I paid to tee off alone but was forced to joint even when the course is empty...

This is the problem with course in sg... They just do thing by the book... Never consider the enjoyment and comfort of we the golfer... Empty course still forced us to joint... I almost miss my appointment later due to the slow game...

I mean my flight mate is a good lady golfer who is patience and played well but we were still upset over the poor service.... I was paying side by side with her... Why can't the counter staff just check with us?

I am really upset over the fact that I paid more to game alone... And was forced to joint.... After I came back... I saw plenty of single ball tee off alone and why they no need to joint?..

MGK and mbgc... Love everything about them until today....

Ok... I just wanna let out my upset... Maybe some may felt I'm at fault... As I am already upset, I do hope to be bomb... If my words doesn't sound good to anyone, I apologize...

Finally..... UPSET!
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:16 pm

bro i'm not surprised. MBGC is not known for their service. being the only public course in Sg with lots of ppl wanting to play there, they have little to no motivation to provide good service.

that said, i play there often enough to know the counter staff and starter, who are always very friendly. as long as u bother to ask, and ask nicely, they will help u out. but if u don't ask, then they are not going to go the extra mile to make things better for u

Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Mon Mar 11, 2013 11:17 pm

Did you happen to ask for some ice water at the cafeteria or ice for your cooler box after the game?

You will be pleased to know I was once quoted $5 for some ice for my cooler box.. And ice water is chargeable, regardless how much you spend at the canteen....

Ntuc owns the course ?

Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:54 am

Actually I felt cheated.... It's like I paid for the cart to my own use why force me to share? Haiz.... Maybe I sound like I'm wrong but I just couldn't get over the fact of no one behind me but I must share after paying higher fee......

Well just hope to hear some nice thing from MGK or MBGC is any of their staff is ever here on GR...
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 8:01 am

Not that I disagree with you. The onus to check and inquire is on you. You could have wait a bit longer and try your luck by check with others and may be you can pair together.
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:20 am

Jtek...that sucks man. So did you raise a feedback after the game, talk to the recep?

Idea: If they cant pair golfers at the counter, maybe a bulletin board or a meeting point can be put nearby where players can meet&greet, and arrange join game before registering.
Back to top Go down
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:31 am

What I gather is that you paid for a single-ball flight expecting to play a 1-person flight, but in the end got slotted into a 2-ball flight, where the lady was in the same situation as you, and paid the same amount as you?

In that case then I think you have a right for clarification. If I paid for the whole flight, i would be expecting to play by myself.

I'm assuming you still have your receipts / booking details with you. Why don't you drop them an email or call to clarify? Might be a miscommunication in the end...
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:47 am

Jtek

There's this nice supervisor there by name of Wendy..

She was from nsrcc years ago.. Any time i had any problem I would seek her help... 'm not saying she could reverse your charges now, after it's been charged, but she may be of help to you next time you are there...

cheers
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 9:50 am

Bro

sorry to hear about your experience
but I think that most golf courses in Singapore will pair up single ball with another at their discretion.

See MGBC disclaimer

•A minimum of three (3) golfers are required in each flight. MBGC reserves all rights to slot in golfers to fill any vacant slots without having to inform the "lead golfer".
•Single golfer or two (2) balls shall be placed on the waiting list. MBGC reserves all rights to slot in golfers to fill any vacant slots without having to inform the "lead golfer".
•MBGC shall at its discretion allow single golfers or two (2) balls to tee off, whenever appropriate.
•No substitution of golfers is allowed when the round of golf has commenced.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:00 am

sob wrote:
Bro

sorry to hear about your experience
but I think that most golf courses in Singapore will pair up single ball with another at their discretion.

See MGBC disclaimer

•A minimum of three (3) golfers are required in each flight. MBGC reserves all rights to slot in golfers to fill any vacant slots without having to inform the "lead golfer".
•Single golfer or two (2) balls shall be placed on the waiting list. MBGC reserves all rights to slot in golfers to fill any vacant slots without having to inform the "lead golfer".
•MBGC shall at its discretion allow single golfers or two (2) balls to tee off, whenever appropriate.
•No substitution of golfers is allowed when the round of golf has commenced.

Bro, I can feel you frustration but it's quite common for golf clubs to pair u up with others even though you have paid to be a "single rider/player".

I have experienced what you pointed out in KL, Australia and Las Vegas in the past year alone.

Guess the golf club has the right to do so to speed up play.

My 2 cents worth.
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:31 am

chien wrote:
Jtek

There's this nice supervisor there by name of Wendy..

She was from nsrcc years ago.. Any time i had any problem I would seek her help... 'm not saying she could reverse your charges now, after it's been charged, but she may be of help to you next time you are there...

cheers

Yes, Wendy is usually friendly and helpful and she is now the Assistant Golf Manager at MBGC. Taufik is a nice chap too and I think he's like Senior Golf Exec or something. If these 2 personnel are unable to provide satisfactory solutions your issues, then it is the RIGID system, can't really blame 'em Smile
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:56 am

As long as one registered as single golfer, there is nothing much to talk about
Back to top Go down
alvin7379
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:17 am

First and foremost... you pay for a single ball registration DOES NOT gives you the right to play a 1-ball game. It just simply means you pay more when you register as 1 ball.

If you want the whole flight to yourself without the marshals slotting in other players... you pay for the whole flight. i.e $40+ x 4

The course will reserves the right to slot in other 3 golfers to make a full flight even. Maybe its their fault for not explaining it to you.. but that is how I understand golf courses work.

So I suggest you get the facts right before you make a fuss about it. Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.visualtech.com.sg
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:20 am

Woah . Mbgc #1 fan in da house..
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:43 pm

hi all,

I think it's also for personal safety issue la, single golfer playing alone but ended up in pond may not be found until family missed him then too late liao...

So, better play safe golf in a flight and get to make some new friends too Very Happy

oso my 2-cents worth la Cool
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:56 pm

@chien - still at your ünforgettable" ice water incident just like my vivid "bird shit" situation in NSRCC Changi cafe, haha!

@jtek - don't play 1 ball la. When u have a HIO, no witness u know. Calm down, relax...........

the weather is beautiful lately, got to go out there soooonnnn................ cheers

Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:14 pm

I concur. Besides, you got paired with a good female golfer. Better than being paired with me and my Indian buddies don't you think?
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:24 pm

One's understanding how one golf course works does not necessarily means it's applicable to all? I've played in a few courses all over so I do agree that it up to the club's discretion.. Hell, I've seen someone playing alone in a flight! Promo or not promo, they are paying customers. It's not about $ but it's how the business is conducted. If the club clearly include the conditions in promo, then i don't think anyone can/ should complain about it.

Different clubs have different (local) rules... So it's not about getting the facts right, it's about getting clubs be clearer in their communication to avoid such things from happening again. That my friend, is service and with good service, there'll always be returning customers! Not 1 customer is complaining, there's 2 (including the lady golfer)!
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:36 pm

shimizu.toruk wrote:
What I gather is that you paid for a single-ball flight expecting to play a 1-person flight, but in the end got slotted into a 2-ball flight, where the lady was in the same situation as you, and paid the same amount as you?

In that case then I think you have a right for clarification. If I paid for the whole flight, i would be expecting to play by myself.

I'm assuming you still have your receipts / booking details with you. Why don't you drop them an email or call to clarify? Might be a miscommunication in the end...

Bro u got my point... Apologized that I am not good with words to explain myself clearly...

Really felt unhappy till now...
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:39 pm

Anyway I'm just trying to pour out my unhappiness... Some may agree some not... I am fine with all the comment and concern...

Thanks all...
Back to top Go down
battousai
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 1:41 pm

jtek wrote:
shimizu.toruk wrote:

Bro u got my point... Apologized that I am not good with words to explain myself clearly...

Really felt unhappy till now...

Totally agree!! Beer
Back to top Go down
Peterinjb
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 5:23 pm

In my experience, many golf courses charges a higher price for 'Single rider'. This is to cover the cost of operation of a buggy. If 2 players share a buggy, then this extra charge does not apply.

Not sure if this applies to this situation. Were both of you sharing the same buggy?

Anyway, i agree with what the others pointed out.
1) always open your mouth and ask, no harm.
2) if unhappy, feedback to them immediately, i'm sure they will try to help.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 10:32 pm

Played at JCC this afternoon at the executive course, only 30 plus per person for the three of us. With free complimentary car park from the recep.
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:06 pm

Peterinjb wrote:
In my experience, many golf courses charges a higher price for 'Single rider'. This is to cover the cost of operation of a buggy. If 2 players share a buggy, then this extra charge does not apply.

Not sure if this applies to this situation. Were both of you sharing the same buggy?

Yes we shared the same buggy...

I know it's my fault for not asking... That's why I'm only pouring out unhappiness here...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:43 pm

jtek wrote:
Peterinjb wrote:

Yes we shared the same buggy...

I know it's my fault for not asking... That's why I'm only pouring out unhappiness here...

Bro, I am a very straight guy and always come right out to the point. This is what I think. What I am going to say may UPSET you again and others here who don't agree with me. At $40+ it was a promo price for 2 golfers. Since you came in single, the promo does not apply anymore. You have to pay single price, regardless whether they found someone to pair you off who also pay the same single price of $60+
I would be VERY UPSET if you found out the guy you were paired with pays ONLY $40+ Evil or Very Mad

titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Today at 2:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Upset with MBGC and MGK...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next