Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Upset with MBGC and MGK...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Tue Mar 12, 2013 11:51 pm

I think its better to clarify with the club first since you have not done so.

i dun think jtek means anything malicious by pouring his unhappiness here,
But without first getting the facts from the club you are jumping the gun and may have wrongly accused the club of wrong doing, when maybe its your mistake for not checking.

after speaking to the management and if the answer is unsatisfactory, sure there will be more ppl who understand any injust you may feel

no offence. but sometimes things written online should be taken with a pinch of salt as it is usually one sided.

Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:05 am

Bro, I am a very straight guy and always come right out to the point. This is what I think. What I am going to say may UPSET you again and others here who don't agree with me. At $40+ it was a promo price for 2 golfers. Since you came in single, the promo does not apply anymore. You have to pay single price, regardless whether they found someone to pair you off who also pay the same single price of $60+
I would be VERY UPSET if you found out the guy you were paired with pays ONLY $40+ Evil or Very Mad

titu[/quote]

Agree with Titu. Promo is for 2 golfers and this is obviously an attempt on the club's part to get more business. It is not the club's responsibility to pair you with another single golfer. You are free to ask the other lone golfer to join you in order to qualify for the promo. But its up to you. If the staff at the counter "suggests" it, then its a "bonus" to me though the employer may not be happy about that!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:44 pm

I think the argument will go on and on with a variety of reasons. My opinion is if the club says the fee for single golfer is $60 then it should be that, apparently there is no clarification on whether it means single buggy. If confirm by club that it is meant for single buggy then club is in the wrong as it would mean shortchanging the golfer by putting another golfer to share same buggy.

So, clarification is important before payment.

Last edited by TDO on Wed Mar 13, 2013 5:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Wed Mar 13, 2013 3:54 pm

There's always an argument over the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law.

From a "letter" perspective, the club is not wrong. You came in single. You pay the single price.

From a "spirit" perspective, the club could have done better. They could have guessed that there was another single player next to you and could have paired the both of you up. They didn't. They aren't obliged to do so, so you can't fault them.

Anyway, there are worse things than this. At least you had a round of golf while many others were probably stressed up in the office, buried in work and getting barked at by bosses etc. $20 more is a small fee for the chance to get out to the course. I'd take it any given day!

Now let us all move along. There's nothing more to see here folks.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:04 pm

Interesting thread...

Chicken or Egg topic...
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:07 pm

Technospaz wrote:
There's always an argument over the letter of the law vs. the spirit of the law.

From a "letter" perspective, the club is not wrong. You came in single. You pay the single price.

From a "spirit" perspective, the club could have done better. They could have guessed that there was another single player next to you and could have paired the both of you up. They didn't. They aren't obliged to do so, so you can't fault them.

Anyway, there are worse things than this. At least you had a round of golf while many others were probably stressed up in the office, buried in work and getting barked at by bosses etc. $20 more is a small fee for the chance to get out to the course. I'd take it any given day!

Now let us all move along. There's nothing more to see here folks.

Ok... For this... I felt much better... Ha ha ha thanks bro! And ur SF is doing wonder for me... Ha ha ha
Back to top Go down
jtek
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:09 pm

3131T wrote:
Interesting thread...

Chicken or Egg topic...

I know I shouldn't start this topic... But I help all clock more post right? Ha ha ha..

Ok bros... I felt much better now... I had let it go...

We shall move on to more golf games... Will go mbgc again next Monday...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Wed Mar 13, 2013 11:31 pm

I believe this thread taught us a lesson. Don't take things for granted. It will also put potential golfers on alert and raise necessary questions before making payment.
Back to top Go down
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:14 pm

same like bread talk deals? The cashier will not ask the person behind you to combine his/her 5 bread with your 5 bread to get the cheaper deal. You or the person behind must initial the combination, even if its right in front of the cashier.

In this case there was no fraud or any intent....simply the offer is out there, you just have to meet its condition...even if it mean chatting up the lady golfer and asking her if she don't mind sharing the deal (before u all pay up of course).
Back to top Go down
renode
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Thu Mar 14, 2013 11:16 pm

I like the above breadtalk analogy.. just whether we are prepared to go the mile..
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:35 am

Simple rules of thumb...Ask if you are not sure,its free, you don't have to pay to ask and don't assume, cause assumption is the mother of all f**k up... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
fata
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:36 am

jtek wrote:
3131T wrote:
Interesting thread...

Chicken or Egg topic...

I know I shouldn't start this topic... But I help all clock more post right? Ha ha ha..

Ok bros... I felt much better now... I had let it go...

We shall move on to more golf games... Will go mbgc again next Monday...

+10
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Fri Mar 15, 2013 8:55 am

fata wrote:
Simple rules of thumb...Ask if you are not sure,its free, you don't have to pay to ask and don't assume, cause assumption is the mother of all f**k up... Very Happy

This reminds me of the classic FPoBA quote... Don't make an assumption or you'll be an "ass" and its "ump" all "tion" ya!

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:08 am

J, I got another one...

If we assume, we'll make an 'ass' out of 'u' and 'me'
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Fri Mar 15, 2013 9:44 am

If it was me i think playing with a female partner will make me cool off for the game already.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Upset with MBGC and MGK...   Today at 1:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Upset with MBGC and MGK...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2