Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 What does albhedrin want to sell?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:35 pm

Ugh. On one hand I understand the 50 posts rule creates "loop-holes" so that it encourages ppl to post constructively.

But seriously this callsign guy cn at least bump stuff that are still available?

Sold alr bump for wad....
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:48 pm

think I will be back in Singapore either April 13th weekend or April 20th weekend ... been eons since I played with TS and even longer since I played with Vinny

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 689
Join date : 2010-08-25
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:49 pm

DLWL wrote:
Ugh. On one hand I understand the 50 posts rule creates "loop-holes" so that it encourages ppl to post constructively.

But seriously this callsign guy cn at least bump stuff that are still available?

Sold alr bump for wad....

I rest my case lol! ROFL
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 689
Join date : 2010-08-25
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 3:50 pm

Welcome home bro, I'll be heading to BKK 16 ~ 22 April, come back fast & we can catch a game Dan catch up leh.....

Swing
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 138
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 6:25 pm

DLWL wrote:
Ugh. On one hand I understand the 50 posts rule creates "loop-holes" so that it encourages ppl to post constructively.

But seriously this callsign guy cn at least bump stuff that are still available?

Sold alr bump for wad....

I think he actually did it on purpose for dramatic effect to show what he thinks of the rule and the reaction from people against those who post just to sell something eventually?
Good humor! Would be a cool chap to meet... Haha
Back to top Go down
snagy23
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 432
Join date : 2012-04-28

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:14 pm

How about getting Grians votting/poll if they think he should be allow to post in WTS thread?
ahahaha. just my crazy ideas!
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:18 pm

no la, dont do this. welcome all. WTS is so exciting. to be fair he did say some intelligent stuff in between all the banal stuff. and a review of a golf course thrown in.

but just abit overwhelming when his posts occupy allthe latest topics. Hopefully, his new posts will be more errrrrr interesting .


more wts also is good.

Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:37 pm

Jeez. Give this one a rest already.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 689
Join date : 2010-08-25
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Thu Mar 28, 2013 11:18 pm

Does this mean we're not going the extra mile to hit page 10......??

Sleep Sleep scratch scratch
Back to top Go down
Jeffheng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:15 am

I think it's fine for him to post in WTS as his 50 posts is quite quality post and should not be considered as spam. Just my 2 cents worth for moderator to consider.

By the way, I also hv something to sell but just that I hv less than 10 post... Lol
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:44 am

He did make quality post. So, why yall nag about this. Let it go.

Anyway, I like his WTS. Pretty cool head cover.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:47 am

i would feel this more of a "poking fun" then nailing him.

My 2 cents worth.

Yes, the Astro Boy cover is cool!
Back to top Go down
Porky Woods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2013-03-09
Location : Northeast

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 10:57 am

As a newbie what kind of quality post is expected? Not that I have anything to sell. Would like to contribute but I know nuts about golf. Live and let live.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:05 am

Porky Woods wrote:
As a newbie what kind of quality post is expected? Not that I have anything to sell. Would like to contribute but I know nuts about golf. Live and let live.

bro, I guess it's adding "value" to a discussion, joke or anything at all.

There are some folks who just post single word response just to clock the minimum number of post.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:06 am

Hi Porky, just post about anything you like ... this is a free public forum ... post about yourself, your experiences, your opinions, golf related or not ... all up to you

Personally I would much rather see more people posting a wide range of opinions and having discussions (heated or otherwise) with other forum members than a lack of posts because new members are too intimidated to post enthusiastically about a range of topics for fear of being "labelled"

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 11:08 am

thats right. at least he wrote some quality comments. i just dont see why whenever someone is posting quite a lot in a day, it is always negative. we all know they have something to sell here, so just let them sell and thats it.
Back to top Go down
Porky Woods
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2013-03-09
Location : Northeast

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 1:53 pm

My experience here was not very pleasant as I was shot for asking something in another thread. Kinda of telling me to post less or not at all.' I only learnt of this forum thru a friend's father a few weeks ago and was told of the friendly and helpful folks here. So far only met a really nice bro whom I bought a Scotty putter from recently.

Please do not think I am trying to clock post as its what I hate most. I have nothing to sell cos most my equipment are too old to even give away.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:32 pm

Porky, I understand your frustration and apologize if you felt offended by posts here. Believe you me, that is not the intention of users. I guess it's cause you're new so you've not seen the trend of some new users whose sole purpose is to come onto GR, sell an item (often not something great) and then never be heard of again.

GR was never set up with the intention to function as a marketplace. If anything, the marketplace section was a side feature notwithstanding that it's quite natural for a forum like ours. But it's unnatural for users to treat GR solely as a platform to dispose of golf stuff. My recommendation for those who want to sell their stuff quickly, visit FESC, Creative Golf, Cash Converters or use the Golf newsletter.

For those of us who've been here for a while, GR serves as a platform to discuss golf-related issues, arrange golf games, tease other golfers over their good games (or otherwise), trade blows on whether Tiger is better than Rory or vice versa and argue over whether Na Yeon Choi is the hottest LPGA golfer out there.

To see that there are users out there who just use the forum in an indiscriminate fashion, fire off mindless (and often useless) messages in a feeble attempt to make the minimum so as to post a WTS and then vanish thereafter is painful, bordering on insulting.

The folks behind GR have taken a lot of effort to set up this forum. It's neither free nor easy to run and yet, they've persevered. Some ground rules have been set up to bring order to chaos. These help prevent users like the ones I mentioned from chalking up rubbish posts just to bypass these rules.

So, when you are greeted by (presumably) unfair queries or comments, please don't take this personally. It's not targeted at you but rather users who don't know how to follow rules. Sadly, there's been a lot of suspicion of late over new users who make quick posts. Some are genuine, some aren't. If you stay in GR long enough, you'll know what I mean.

But don't feel upset. Life's too short to take these posts personally Smile (Oh, and welcome to GR)

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Jeffheng
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 21
Join date : 2012-12-22

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 pm

In that case since most agree the he did not abuse the 50 post rule, can the ban be lifted by moderators?
Back to top Go down
Fronzenre
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 75
Join date : 2012-09-29
Age : 25
Location : west

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:45 pm

audi wrote:
thats right. at least he wrote some quality comments. i just dont see why whenever someone is posting quite a lot in a day, it is always negative. we all know they have something to sell here, so just let them sell and thats it.

Everyone needs to think like this! haha. Well. you can never have 100% satisfactory members since its a public forum and we are all entitled our own pov. Since only a small minority are like that (spamming, clocking posts for the sake of selling something etc..), its still within the 'limits' imo, any public forum needs to expect such occurrence.

Well, i'm also clocking posts Laughing , though i have nothing to sell, and many to buy (bought a few stuffs from here already!).

cheeeeers
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 2:47 pm

yeap.....we should do away with those rubbish comments.....nowadays, I do alot of offline reading so that I can in future give intelligent golf related comments.

This is not one of them however....ok back to reading


And btw, I don need to clock posts
Back to top Go down
chien
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1817
Join date : 2012-03-22

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 3:59 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Porky, I understand your frustration and apologize if you felt offended by posts here. Believe you me, that is not the intention of users. I guess it's cause you're new so you've not seen the trend of some new users whose sole purpose is to come onto GR, sell an item (often not something great) and then never be heard of again.

GR was never set up with the intention to function as a marketplace. If anything, the marketplace section was a side feature notwithstanding that it's quite natural for a forum like ours. But it's unnatural for users to treat GR solely as a platform to dispose of golf stuff. My recommendation for those who want to sell their stuff quickly, visit FESC, Creative Golf, Cash Converters or use the Golf newsletter.

For those of us who've been here for a while, GR serves as a platform to discuss golf-related issues, arrange golf games, tease other golfers over their good games (or otherwise), trade blows on whether Tiger is better than Rory or vice versa and argue over whether Na Yeon Choi is the hottest LPGA golfer out there.

To see that there are users out there who just use the forum in an indiscriminate fashion, fire off mindless (and often useless) messages in a feeble attempt to make the minimum so as to post a WTS and then vanish thereafter is painful, bordering on insulting.

The folks behind GR have taken a lot of effort to set up this forum. It's neither free nor easy to run and yet, they've persevered. Some ground rules have been set up to bring order to chaos. These help prevent users like the ones I mentioned from chalking up rubbish posts just to bypass these rules.

So, when you are greeted by (presumably) unfair queries or comments, please don't take this personally. It's not targeted at you but rather users who don't know how to follow rules. Sadly, there's been a lot of suspicion of late over new users who make quick posts. Some are genuine, some aren't. If you stay in GR long enough, you'll know what I mean.

But don't feel upset. Life's too short to take these posts personally Smile (Oh, and welcome to GR)

Well said TS.... Arrow Up

Porky. You gotta believe this guy... If you have noticed, this guy has posted 14,300+++ posts, that's an average of 10 everyday for the past 3+ years !

Amazing..... Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Vinny
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 689
Join date : 2010-08-25
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:55 pm

Duval_S wrote:
yeap.....we should do away with those rubbish comments.....nowadays, I do alot of offline reading so that I can in future give intelligent golf related comments.

This is not one of them however....ok back to reading


And btw, I don need to clock posts

Bro, with your track record there's no need for you to clock the numbers.....

ROFL

@ Porky ~ no offense intended, but I would be doubly nice too had i have a Scotty to let go

Beer
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: What does albhedrin want to sell?   Today at 2:07 am

Back to top Go down
 
What does albhedrin want to sell?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Were,s the best place to sell gold rings and jewelrey
» Wanted to sell my items in market place but how?
» must sell...horse trailer and 4 wheeler
» My RRP is finally finished, do I sell it or keep it?
» any Shop that sell club head cover and bags

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.