Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
evo5555
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 143
Join date : 2009-09-07

PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Sun Apr 07, 2013 11:44 pm

dyeosh wrote:
James tey wrote:
chien wrote:
James.. U setting up a car grooming business in the golf course ??

Very Happy

Hi Chien, yes thinking of it. As my younger brother has one existing car groom shop at central area since 1997 and I am helping him to expand and also convenient for all existing and future customer although Singapore is small. I think of customer usually park their car for few hours during golf session might as well do grooming for their car instead of wasting their precious time to do it somewhere else. Cheers Beer

To be honest, price & service is important, if it is good, I will defininity plan my car grooming during golfing. I normally do it in Malaysia golf course.

yup.. price and service and product used plays important part..
Back to top Go down
James tey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:24 pm

skybobo wrote:
Make sure your staff does not on the aircon and music while polishing and vaccuming
Thanks for your input. Btw so far our staff don't do that. Cheers
Back to top Go down
James tey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 1:25 pm

evo5555 wrote:
dyeosh wrote:
James tey wrote:
chien wrote:
James.. U setting up a car grooming business in the golf course ??

Very Happy

Hi Chien, yes thinking of it. As my younger brother has one existing car groom shop at central area since 1997 and I am helping him to expand and also convenient for all existing and future customer although Singapore is small. I think of customer usually park their car for few hours during golf session might as well do grooming for their car instead of wasting their precious time to do it somewhere else. Cheers Beer

To be honest, price & service is important, if it is good, I will defininity plan my car grooming during golfing. I normally do it in Malaysia golf course.

yup.. price and service and product used plays important part..

Thanks for the suggestion. Working out the products to be used now. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Kookk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 579
Join date : 2010-11-03

PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:29 pm

Just another observation, the grooming services at golf courses are always housed in make shift tents and containers.

This is definitely a put off for me. You need decent facilities to do a proper grooming job. Definitely something I look out for besides service and products.
Back to top Go down
talltist
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2012-04-16
Age : 32
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 3:39 pm

hi james, have you considered the number of manpower needed to groom cars (can be as many cars as the number of flights on that day) within that 4 hrs?

Also will the country club build shelters for you to 'store' the cars after polishing?

Unless your grooming only refers to washing and vacuum, polishing takes a great amount of time. I used to polish my car at fairway driving range and the owner has always tell me to book early during peak seasons like cny. And usually they require one day to polish my car. because my car always kana paint dust and other dust particles (i work in shipyards)

However if you can solve the above problems, then I will definitely be your customer if the price is right. Smile
Back to top Go down
James tey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Kookk wrote:
Just another observation, the grooming services at golf courses are always housed in make shift tents and containers.

This is definitely a put off for me. You need decent facilities to do a proper grooming job. Definitely something I look out for besides service and products.

Thanks for your input. Not to worry about it , as we have plans to install plastic or rubber types of roll down blinds to protect from dust and rain during the process of grooming the cars. Cheers
Back to top Go down
James tey
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 19
Join date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Mon Apr 08, 2013 7:08 pm

talltist wrote:
hi james, have you considered the number of manpower needed to groom cars (can be as many cars as the number of flights on that day) within that 4 hrs?

Also will the country club build shelters for you to 'store' the cars after polishing?

Unless your grooming only refers to washing and vacuum, polishing takes a great amount of time. I used to polish my car at fairway driving range and the owner has always tell me to book early during peak seasons like cny. And usually they require one day to polish my car. because my car always kana paint dust and other dust particles (i work in shipyards)

However if you can solve the above problems, then I will definitely be your customer if the price is right. Smile

Thanks for your suggestion. I will take your suggestion seriously regards to the shelter. I believe the the country club will not provide it and I must do it myself and at my own cost. We will definately have a shelter for 3 cars space for us to work. To tackle this issue, maybe I can standby more canvas for cars after every completion of grooming. As for manpower, I will need to employ if the customer are many more than what we expect but tentatively only 2 groomer for each location first. Just spoken to the management of JCC and their rental offerd are quite high. No point working so hard just for the sake of paying rental monthly unless the demand is high. We do not intend to turn all these extra cost to car owners like you. I will counter my offer to them and worst case drop JCC. Our existing one at Sim Lim Tower rental only less than $1.2k monthly. Cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?   Today at 2:10 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Will you give your car a grooming while you are golfing?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» A Miners Right - what does it give us?
» Have A Great TWH To Give Away To A Good Home
» Give me back my golf ball.
» Sparks & Shines Car Grooming Services at NSRCC Changi. Looking for feedback
» When Times Are Bad...Give This A Read

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.