Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
pr1nc3ssdi
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 49
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 41
Location : woodlands

PostSubject: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Tue Nov 10, 2009 10:54 am

We are planning a overseas trip for golf, has anyone been to sebana cove golf resort? how is it and is it better than Kukup or worse? I have never been to both though..

we have a big group (around 20 pax, but not all are golfers) so are cracking our head on where to head to over the long weekend.
Back to top Go down
Swerve
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 176
Join date : 2009-10-07

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Tue Nov 10, 2009 11:15 am

Its miles better than Kukup that's for sure BUT the course is a real commando course with lots of hilly bits and steep slopes.

I also recall that we played after rain and the course condition, while decent, had patches of muddy bits all over and was super “plugsville”. There are also parts of the course where the “rough” is actually jungle so be VERY mindful of monkeys trying to steal stuff from your carts. That's how I lost my putter cover the last time.

Not saying it's a bad course at all, but given the time of the season where rain is expected, I would not recommend it. Just imagine buggy on track and you HAD to climb up and down all those hilly bits!

Of course I’ve only ever played there twice and that was a good 6 months ago so things may have changed, and while I would not mind playing there again? I certainly would not go out of my way.

For a group of that kind of size? I’d much rather recommend that you guys head on over to Bintan instead. I know the Director of Sales pretty well and could try and get you a deal. The Bintan Lagoon Resort courses are stunning (Jack Nicklaus & Ian Baker-Finch, both 18 holes) and the entire family will have plenty to do there like spa, swim, jet ski, banana boat, ATV/Buggy rides, night market, etc.

If you want let me know quickly and I will contact my friend for you. PM me or sms me at 98273621.
Back to top Go down
TheFocalPoint
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3011
Join date : 2009-10-01

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Tue Nov 10, 2009 1:05 pm

When i was a beginner, i used to play every week at Desaru Golf & Country Club, or Sebana Cove..

the layout for the latter is very nice, and challenging, but after numerous stories about robberies on the greens where they just jump out of bushes and threaten you with knives, me and my friends decided that we won't risk it anymore..

However, if got a lot of you, then should be ok la... but hey, you HAVE been warned.. Smile
Back to top Go down
westwoon
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 22
Join date : 2009-07-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 11, 2009 12:30 am

Nice golf course but journey kinda long.
Back to top Go down
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:56 am

westwoon wrote:
Nice golf course but journey kinda long.

You can take a ferry that from Tanah Merah (45mins or so), and before you know it, you are ready to tee off..... cheers
Back to top Go down
joeytansh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : North

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:05 pm

I went to Sebana cove in april last year. It is kinda run down. The day before it rained and I guess drainage wasnt fantastic so I had a lot of plug shots. My friend's buggy broke down and ended up pushing it to the side. I drove to the clubhouse to get help as there was no one in sight. Very chill place to golf though. Razz

Also heard about the stories about thieves etc fortunuately it didnt happen to me and my friends.

The clubhouse toilets had very dim lights and feels errie. So i rather head to bintan or batam.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:53 pm

just go to pulai springs..

they have hotels.. and the course just adjacent to it.

quite safe as well..
Back to top Go down
joeytansh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : North

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:24 pm

Or tehring bay / palm springs in Batam and stay at Turi beach.

Turi's accommodation (after its renovation) is awesome!
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:04 pm

joeytansh wrote:
Or tehring bay / palm springs in Batam and stay at Turi beach.

Turi's accommodation (after its renovation) is awesome!

u mean turi renovated their place?

i heard beach is not that good...

have u been there?

FR a bit la..
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:23 pm

if time not a factor, go malacca lah, away from the JB crowd, there are 4 golf courses to choose from, tiara, orna, ayer keroh n a'formasa...... then nite can go to the nite market to chill
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:51 pm

slinger wrote:
if time not a factor, go malacca lah, away from the JB crowd, there are 4 golf courses to choose from, tiara, orna, ayer keroh n a'formasa...... then nite can go to the nite market to chill

Er......Making a pitch for your kampung ah Slinger?? kekekekke Peace

Titu

PS But i totally agreed with you la Beer
Back to top Go down
joeytansh
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2009-10-10
Location : North

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:19 pm

chocoman wrote:
joeytansh wrote:
Or tehring bay / palm springs in Batam and stay at Turi beach.

Turi's accommodation (after its renovation) is awesome!

u mean turi renovated their place?

i heard beach is not that good...

have u been there?

FR a bit la..


Hi Chocoman,

Yea, i went there in july. stayed there for a weekend but no golf. The accomodation is good, food's decent and pools' alright too. Overall good for batam standards. I would go again. Yes you are right. The beach is so so. But they have a nice jetty and a restaurant by the jetty which makes it very chill and romantic should you dine there at night.

The beach front has many rocks so not recommended for swimming. but it's a laidback and idyllic place.
Back to top Go down
4dtoto
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3623
Join date : 2009-06-22
Age : 45
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:35 pm

Golf at Sebana many years back with my wife, got chase by hornets all the way back to club house just because some dead hornets were on the green and they must have tot that i killed them...haiz...luckily only kena stink once.
Back to top Go down
robing
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 42
Join date : 2009-07-09

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:28 am

i think better go Batam or Bintam.. it is quite run down now..
Mad
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 1:43 am

Agree, the maintenance of the course has gotten progressively worse over the years I've played there. Sad, since I've had so many fond memories of the course.

Turi Beach at Batam is definitely a hidden gem, nice and quiet for a romantic getaway. Rooms are really nice, but make sure you check the air con in ur room, mine wasn't cooling the room enough, had to keep the ceiling fan on. Speaking of ceiling, wah, damn high man, especially when ur looking at it while lying in bed.

A walk down to the end of the jetty on a moonlit night is really romantic, think it's a couple hundred metres long.
Back to top Go down
ooniik
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 41
Join date : 2009-09-25

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 6:46 am

Birdman wrote:
Agree, the maintenance of the course has gotten progressively worse over the years I've played there. Sad, since I've had so many fond memories of the course.

Turi Beach at Batam is definitely a hidden gem, nice and quiet for a romantic getaway. Rooms are really nice, but make sure you check the air con in ur room, mine wasn't cooling the room enough, had to keep the ceiling fan on. Speaking of ceiling, wah, damn high man, especially when ur looking at it while lying in bed.

A walk down to the end of the jetty on a moonlit night is really romantic, think it's a couple hundred metres long.

hehe 220m to be exact... had a company event there in August. nice place with very hospitable staffs.
Back to top Go down
chocoman
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2154
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:22 am

joeytansh wrote:
chocoman wrote:
joeytansh wrote:
Or tehring bay / palm springs in Batam and stay at Turi beach.

Turi's accommodation (after its renovation) is awesome!

u mean turi renovated their place?

i heard beach is not that good...

have u been there?

FR a bit la..


Hi Chocoman,

Yea, i went there in july. stayed there for a weekend but no golf. The accomodation is good, food's decent and pools' alright too. Overall good for batam standards. I would go again. Yes you are right. The beach is so so. But they have a nice jetty and a restaurant by the jetty which makes it very chill and romantic should you dine there at night.

The beach front has many rocks so not recommended for swimming. but it's a laidback and idyllic place.

thanks for FR. cheers
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?   Today at 8:32 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Anyone been to Sebana Cove and GOlf and marina resort @ kota Tinggi?
» Sebana Golf & Marina Resort vs Desaru Golf ...which is better
» Reviews: Legends Golf & Country Resort
» Golfing at Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Mountain Course
» Form group for Beginner Golf Lesson at Marina Golf

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.