Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hi all !

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
mProxes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Hi all !   Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:35 am

Hello all! I'm a golf newbie who is a just few golf lessons old. It's really challenging both mentally and physically!
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:23 am

hi hi welcome to GR & taking up not only golf but great life skills too cheers
Back to top Go down
Cadbury
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Mon Apr 15, 2013 9:00 pm

welcome! i'm 3 lessons into the beginner course Very Happy
Back to top Go down
paul@golf
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Tue Apr 16, 2013 5:50 pm

mProxes wrote:
Hello all! I'm a golf newbie who is a just few golf lessons old. It's really challenging both mentally and physically!

hi if u interested to join some of us, we ll be at mbgc range tis eveng for some swings.....can call me at nine3towantegg6totree la Very Happy
Back to top Go down
mProxes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:23 pm

Thanks Paul and Cadbury for the warm welcome. Smile

Paul, unfortunately tonight I can't make it, will join you guys in another round. Thanks for the invite !
Back to top Go down
TK
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:32 pm

Enjoy your lessons! If possible it is usually helpful to have range practice sessions between lessons to try to process what your coach is teaching you I feel..
Back to top Go down
mProxes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:31 pm

Thanks! I do try to stretch my lessons frequncy longer to practice, was quite frustrating when i thought i have corrected one mistake which leads to another lol

Just wondering, how long do you guys train before going down to the greens ? Haa with or w/o PC. :p
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:51 pm

mProxes wrote:
Thanks! I do try to stretch my lessons frequncy longer to practice, was quite frustrating when i thought i have corrected one mistake which leads to another lol

Just wondering, how long do you guys train before going down to the greens ? Haa with or w/o PC. :p
I remembered last time after 1-2 lessons my friends and I were digging holes in mandai liao. When lessons finished, we even took a short trip to Melaka. It's up to you whether u are brave enough to take on the full courses.

PS: pls bring lot of balls to your first time on course. I went with a beginner to course, told me he only bring 2 balls, because he saw the TV they don't even change.....Faint..

Last edited by enwee on Wed Apr 17, 2013 4:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
simon1982
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Wed Apr 17, 2013 3:57 pm

reminds me that I took a 7 iron and one putter and go to mandai to play liao last time...
Back to top Go down
mProxes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:00 pm

Fierce lol so the logic is wack first then think haha
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Wed Apr 17, 2013 6:53 pm

mProxes wrote:
Fierce lol so the logic is wack first then think haha
something like that...best is play with experience players. Last time when i started go melaka 2 games lost a lot of balls because don't know how to judge distance.
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Wed Apr 17, 2013 7:07 pm

mProxes wrote:

I suggest that you do not rush to play on the greens until you are able to reasonably advance the ball forward. Spend some time hitting balls off the mat and off grass, if possible, to develop a feel. That way, I believe you will have less frustrations when you get on to the greens and also feel less pressure from players coming behind you. Whilst on the green, you will experience having to hit different types of shots i.e. long hits, short chips, putts, etc. This will give you a good idea of what you need to practice whilst on the range. Do get an experience player to go along with you as some guidance would be very useful. Lastly, enjoy the game. Cheers!
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:25 pm

Gofnut wrote:
mProxes wrote:

I suggest that you do not rush to play on the greens until you are able to reasonably advance the ball forward. Spend some time hitting balls off the mat and off grass, if possible, to develop a feel. That way, I believe you will have less frustrations when you get on to the greens and also feel less pressure from players coming behind you. Whilst on the green, you will experience having to hit different types of shots i.e. long hits, short chips, putts, etc. This will give you a good idea of what you need to practice whilst on the range. Do get an experience player to go along with you as some guidance would be very useful. Lastly, enjoy the game. Cheers!

Normally by the time you manage to NOT feel frustrated is when you play a bogey game CONSISTENTLY.
Back to top Go down
mProxes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:50 pm

Thanks all for the advices. I'm thinking of planning a shot on the greens after my 7th lesson, woud like to try the greens in jb for a start. But I'm without a pc or handic currently, can I still play there? Meanwhile I'll try to look for company :p
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Thu Apr 18, 2013 3:53 pm

mProxes wrote:
Thanks all for the advices. I'm thinking of planning a shot on the greens after my 7th lesson, woud like to try the greens in jb for a start. But I'm without a pc or handic currently, can I still play there? Meanwhile I'll try to look for company :p
JB courses don't check at all, but perhaps you can start from executive courses first.
Back to top Go down
Shwong2003
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Thu Apr 18, 2013 6:47 pm

mProxes wrote:
You should get someone experience to accompany you. For safety of you and others on the course.
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:20 pm

I agree with the seniors one this forum.
I personally find range very boring after awhile.
To maintain interest, my friends n I started off with executive courses.
Then once the excecutives become relatively managable, we promote ourselves to full 18.

Good to go to course ASAP, as it really forces you to think and lie really makes a hell of a difference.

On the mat, most ppl think every shot can just whack. once on course. u'll find that finess and shot creativity is much more impt that brute force.
Back to top Go down
zach-z
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm

I remember being able to produce consistent decent shots at the range, but the moment i hit the greens everything went out the window hahaha. the different levels of challenges keep the game interesting!
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:21 pm

zach-z wrote:
I remember being able to produce consistent decent shots at the range, but the moment i hit the greens everything went out the window hahaha. the different levels of challenges keep the game interesting!
because the ground is not as flat as the range.
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:56 pm

enwee wrote:
zach-z wrote:

And visually affected by right-left, left-right of ball to green relation. It is like how you use the tee box to assist you in shaping your ball left-right or right-left.
Back to top Go down
zach-z
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:32 am

enwee wrote:

Yeah my buddy told me too. Any technique orl tips on that?
Back to top Go down
e_nonymus
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:19 pm

Once your ball starts travelling in the direction you hit it...give the greens a visit. My first visit left me feeling overwhelmed. Was uber-trying to be something I was not.

As someone said before exec courses are the way to start...
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:43 pm

e_nonymus wrote:
Once your ball starts travelling in the direction you hit it...give the greens a visit. My first visit left me feeling overwhelmed. Was uber-trying to be something I was not.

As someone said before exec courses are the way to start...

Ya, overwhelmed is the right word to describe. Some beginners get disheartened and give up. This is a game that requires effort and dedication to play well so give it time to grow on you. Goodluck!
Back to top Go down
mProxes
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:28 pm

Thanks again Smile I'm currently hitting straight ..... say 50% of the time lol. I notice for different days i have varying performance haha will need to find what's that varying factor!

Do you guys have any particular targets at the driving range to aim or its just about correcting the swing .
Back to top Go down
goh.YF.52
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:12 pm

mProxes wrote:
Thanks again Smile I'm currently hitting straight ..... say 50% of the time lol. I notice for different days i have varying performance haha will need to find what's that varying factor!

Do you guys have any particular targets at the driving range to aim or its just about correcting the swing .

In my beginner days, I used to have pains at various areas like lower back, left wrist, left forearm, ankles and very bad callus on palms. These are the few examples that will be encounter by beginner. Instead of resting your body, being a enthusiastic beginner, driving range will be like a daily rountine. Compensations to compensate the worn out muscles.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hi all !   Today at 10:29 pm

Back to top Go down

Hi all !
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Welcome to Golf Republic Forum :: Self Introduction-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.