Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 OCC Range Promo

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 8:58 pm

Hi guys,

For the month of April, saw in the Range Office that OCC Members enjoy $-for-$ topup of range card from Mon-Fri opening till 6pm.

Wonder if anyone is an OCC member here will be down during the daytime next week? =P poor student here so hehe if can tolong a bit to get the promo rate will be damn damn grateful
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Wait lor....normally labour day that period they'll offer $ for $. At least for the last 2-3 labour day they did.
Back to top Go down
krone
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 56
Join date : 2013-03-25

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:00 pm

zhikang wrote:
Hi guys,

For the month of April, saw in the Range Office that OCC Members enjoy $-for-$ topup of range card from Mon-Fri opening till 6pm.

Wonder if anyone is an OCC member here will be down during the daytime next week? =P poor student here so hehe if can tolong a bit to get the promo rate will be damn damn grateful

If I'm not wrong the members has got different range cards so u might not be able to ask them to top up ur card? I might be wrong though
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:34 pm

thanks for the replies guys.. HAHA guess it's time to wait it out then... i last topped up during their CNY $-for-$ promo den use until abt to finish left 130+ balls.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:38 pm

zhikang wrote:
thanks for the replies guys.. HAHA guess it's time to wait it out then... i last topped up during their CNY $-for-$ promo den use until abt to finish left 130+ balls.
The last I top up during the golf carnival. $200 so got quite a lot left
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:44 pm

enwee wrote:

The last I top up during the golf carnival. $200 so got quite a lot left

Haha I topped up $60 thinking it would last a long time. But as I got better I began to hit more. Last time 100 balls alr ai see ai see. Now regularly hit 170+ balls to work on the long irons + FW, so very fast gone...
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 10:48 pm

zhikang wrote:
enwee wrote:

The last I top up during the golf carnival. $200 so got quite a lot left

Haha I topped up $60 thinking it would last a long time. But as I got better I began to hit more. Last time 100 balls alr ai see ai see. Now regularly hit 170+ balls to work on the long irons + FW, so very fast gone...
it's not abt hitting so many balls...it's efficiency of your swing. Every ball u hit it's one stroke, you wanna hit 170 strokes on the course?
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 18, 2013 11:57 pm

enwee wrote:

it's not abt hitting so many balls...it's efficiency of your swing. Every ball u hit it's one stroke, you wanna hit 170 strokes on the course?

I understand where u are coming from bro. Just picked up the game very late last year and I've been working at it myself (cant afford lessons) with some help from friends. Have to hit more to understand where I'm going wrong and consciously make changes until my muscles/brain get used to it so naturally will hit more. I've seen progress and now when I hit well, I will hit a few more shots with the club to make sure I rmb how it feels and that the good shot was not a fluke. Probably gonna make changes to my range routine soon to simulate course play.
Back to top Go down
Ngn52
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 90
Join date : 2012-11-02

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:01 am

Always believe in Practive make perfect! Very Happy It does matter how many balls you practice on driving range, take it as exercise and keep fit! cheers
Back to top Go down
elyjacob
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 37
Join date : 2012-04-23
Location : north east singapore

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 2:52 pm

Ngn52 wrote:
Always believe in Practive make perfect! Very Happy It does matter how many balls you practice on driving range, take it as exercise and keep fit! cheers

heard a saying that goes like this..

"you don't play golf to get fit... u get fit to play golf"
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:09 pm

elyjacob wrote:
Ngn52 wrote:
Always believe in Practive make perfect! Very Happy It does matter how many balls you practice on driving range, take it as exercise and keep fit! cheers

heard a saying that goes like this..

"you don't play golf to get fit... u get fit to play golf"
Very true.....take on JGCC if you think you are fit enough.

@ Zhikang, nothing wrong with hitting so much balls, I know Vijay Singh hit 1000 balls in the range before he go PGA. But I believe, whenever in range, you should at least try various clubs like short, mid and long irons, hybrid, fw and driver to get a rough idea of what's your distance and also how well you can handle it. I seen people go to range hit driver non stop but not practicing on other clubs. IMHO, that's a waste of balls.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:13 pm

enwee wrote:


Very true.....take on JGCC if you think you are fit enough.

@ Zhikang, nothing wrong with hitting so much balls, I know Vijay Singh hit 1000 balls in the range before he go PGA. But I believe, whenever in range, you should at least try various clubs like short, mid and long irons, hybrid, fw and driver to get a rough idea of what's your distance and also how well you can handle it. I seen people go to range hit driver non stop but not practicing on other clubs. IMHO, that's a waste of balls.

Vijay Singh has another way to get "fit" at one time ... Laughing

Maybe the guy whom you saw in the range was merely running in his new driver ... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 4:49 pm

I would advise against overdoing at the range. I normally limit myself to hitting not more than 100 balls at a stretch. For beginners, all the more the need to guard against excesses cause they tend to hit the mat more often resulting in painful golf or tennis elbows! You cannot enjoy your golf if you develop these pains.
Back to top Go down
pug
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 472
Join date : 2009-07-13

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:49 pm

enwee wrote:
elyjacob wrote:
Ngn52 wrote:
Always believe in Practive make perfect! Very Happy It does matter how many balls you practice on driving range, take it as exercise and keep fit! cheers

heard a saying that goes like this..

"you don't play golf to get fit... u get fit to play golf"
Very true.....take on JGCC if you think you are fit enough.

@ Zhikang, nothing wrong with hitting so much balls, I know Vijay Singh hit 1000 balls in the range before he go PGA. But I believe, whenever in range, you should at least try various clubs like short, mid and long irons, hybrid, fw and driver to get a rough idea of what's your distance and also how well you can handle it. I seen people go to range hit driver non stop but not practicing on other clubs. IMHO, that's a waste of balls.

I think the key thing is to have a purpose and a plan. No point hitting balls for the sake of hitting balls, unless that is the whole purpose. Personally, I advocate focusing on one-two area of the game at every practice session. Just like those intermediate/advance lessons. They always focus on one aspect of the game (the woods, long irons, short irons, chipping/pitching and putting) for that 1hour lesson. Of course, warmup is always with the wedge.
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-16
Age : 30
Location : Batam, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:53 pm

"Quality Practice over Quantity Practice" Smile
Back to top Go down
Zig Zag
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 114
Join date : 2010-07-12
Age : 103
Location : On a Little Red Dot

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Fri Apr 19, 2013 10:40 pm

Ngn52 wrote:
Always believe in Practive make perfect! Very Happy It does matter how many balls you practice on driving range, take it as exercise and keep fit! cheers

In golf practice don't make perfect. Practice make permanent.
Back to top Go down
bryanachong
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 496
Join date : 2012-07-16
Location : Serangoon

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:27 am

any GR bro will be at occ tomorrow in the evening! can borrow range card ^^
Back to top Go down
KieKie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Wed Apr 24, 2013 5:49 pm

Any bro has idea if the coming Labour day will have the $-$ topup? Can advise the period? Many thanks
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:14 pm

just got back... according to the staff most likely will have but need to be NTUC members
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Wed Apr 24, 2013 11:37 pm

zhikang wrote:
just got back... according to the staff most likely will have but need to be NTUC members
I also just come back from OCC most likely labour day will have the jun 1st got the golf carnival confirmed have.
Back to top Go down
KieKie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 16
Join date : 2013-01-18

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:15 am

Thanks bro... now got to find someone to tompang the NTUC card members... haha
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:02 pm

enwee wrote:
zhikang wrote:
just got back... according to the staff most likely will have but need to be NTUC members
I also just come back from OCC most likely labour day will have the jun 1st got the golf carnival confirmed have.

This OCC Golf Carnival have to pay entrance fee to go in? Is the entrance fee to enter at NSRCC carnival $20 per head?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:05 pm

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:
zhikang wrote:
just got back... according to the staff most likely will have but need to be NTUC members
I also just come back from OCC most likely labour day will have the jun 1st got the golf carnival confirmed have.

This OCC Golf Carnival have to pay entrance fee to go in? Is the entrance fee to enter at NSRCC carnival $20 per head?
No need one lah.......got entrance fee meh? Last year was a bit like the Golf Digest demo day less the freebies.
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:16 pm

enwee wrote:


No need one lah.......got entrance fee meh? Last year was a bit like the Golf Digest demo day less the freebies.
Is the forthcoming one at NSRCC chargeable at $20 per head?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Thu Apr 25, 2013 3:23 pm

Turbo wrote:
enwee wrote:


No need one lah.......got entrance fee meh? Last year was a bit like the Golf Digest demo day less the freebies.
Is the forthcoming one at NSRCC chargeable at $20 per head?
Last year, the register guest/member, which pay, get the goodies bag those who did not get nothing but they still can try the club.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: OCC Range Promo   Today at 9:30 pm

Back to top Go down
 
OCC Range Promo
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» OCC Nov range promo
» OCC Range Promo
» OCC Range Promo Sept
» OCC driving range top $10 get $10 free ..(topup b4 6pm wkdays only)
» OCC driving range top-up 50% discount on 19:00~20:00 11 May 2011. (one hour only)

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.