Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Its that time of the week again and we need some inspiration for food

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Its that time of the week again and we need some inspiration for food   Thu May 02, 2013 10:43 am

well i am an al cheapo where it comes to paying too much for a restaurant to serve decent food.

last week i was invited to dine at the Bistecca Tuscon Steak Place next to the "haunted house" at Mohammed Sultan Road.....which surprising belongs to a GRian, the haunted house that is.

Don't get me wrong, the S$178 (before service and tax) for a 1.2 kg piece of the one of most delicious Bistecca in Sngapore is well worth the price tag. i just wanted to know how much more bang i can get for the buck.

so here goes.......

200+ day grain fed Angus from my trusty butcher, Hubers' and preorder so that you get the 2 inch cut instead of the usual 1 inch. The meat weighed in at just over 2.3 kgs.

the marbling looks good...

nothing but a good sea salt and black pepper to bring out the favour of the meat..

the rest of the condiment.....the white truffle oil is a gift from a GRian and this is the 2nd bottle he have given me.....Thank You Dominic....

its pan fried for a good 2 minutes on each side and finished off with a blow torch in the corners, the pan cannot reach...you can blast the fat a little longer to get the charred effect and taste. then off to the oven at 200 for 5 minutes on each side for medium rare or 7 minutes for medium.

cut into roughly 3/4 inch strips.....

i am sure you will be thinking about steak this weekend.....

dressing is simple....a good balsamic, a good dash of truffle oil and a good olive oil (i am lucky i have the best in the stockade, all the way from Laconia, Greece) and its good enough for a sauce. in fact the balsamic takes out the fatty feel from the steak and enhances the favouring.

for dressing, we have a simple watermelon, arugula and feta cheese salad. dressing is juice from one fresh orange juice, 2 lemons, a generous spoon of honey, shallots and a good olive oil, well whisked.

Carbo....potato with bacon bits..

Vedict.....gone in 40 minutes.

before the last bit is scooped up...

the budget....all in just about $180 nett and feeds 6 adults (1 small eater amongst the group). i had the bone for myself which is the best portion....Still $30 for each person is damn good value if you bother to cook at home....

hope you enjoy the food trip and have a great weekend ahead....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Its that time of the week again and we need some inspiration for food   Thu May 02, 2013 10:50 am

Another delicious looking meal......haiz. Also had beef yesterday but not these.
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Its that time of the week again and we need some inspiration for food   Thu May 02, 2013 3:39 pm

yum,yumyumyum
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Its that time of the week again and we need some inspiration for food   Thu May 02, 2013 3:46 pm

the beef looks real goooood. not helping when im stuck at work
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Its that time of the week again and we need some inspiration for food   Today at 9:50 pm

Back to top Go down

Its that time of the week again and we need some inspiration for food
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1