Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Central

PostSubject: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Thu May 09, 2013 9:34 pm



The room I had at the resort was spacious and very comfortable. After a good night's sleep, woke up early to a cold morning and headed straight to the chipping green for some practice. Had to wear 3 layers i.e. tee shirt, long sleeve polo and woolen vest and after 30mins, my exposed hands were feeling numb. Had a hearty buffet breakfast and by 10am, we were ready to take on the much more scenic Lake Course. Noticed that the sky was abit hazy (as can be seen in the photos) but the air was fresh. Was later told by the locals that this was not haze nor pollution but something caused by the weather there. Kunming has been having a long dry spell and perhaps this was a contributory factor. Again we had a buggy and caddy each and yes, buggies were allowed on the fairways! The course was in excellent condition and the greens were really fast but the lines were true. Was told it was 12.6 on the stimpmeter and it was a challenge not to 3 putt. The caddies were a great help in reading the lines. We had good weather throughout and by 3pm, finished our round and 4 of us decided to proceed for another 9 holes after a quick lunch. Great fun golfing and teaching the caddy English in return for Mandarin lessons!
Spring City Resort is purely golf and there are no other activites in or nearby to the resort. The resort has the usual health centre (was told the masseurs were good), mahjong, karaoke rooms and thats about it. So for non golfers, there isn't much to do. We had another sumptuous dinner of sweet potato porridge and many side dishes supplemented with wine and whisky and the usual talk abt the missed birdies and negotiations for strokes for the next round. Just for info, breakfast was abt RMB130 and dinner RMB160 per head on average. We had complimentary rooms courtesy of the 2 members in our group who used their room nights entitlement. Did not enquire what the normal room charge is. Also to note that the air there is very dry and one should use body lotion liberally right from the beginning and drink lots of water eventhough you may not feel thirsty.
Next review - Stoneforest International Country Club!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Thu May 09, 2013 9:50 pm

The course looks very scenic ... You must have enjoyed yourself thoroughly ... Did u notice your ball travel farther than usual? Cool
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 8:46 am

Ya, the eternal spring weather there makes it a very attractive destination for golf though it is more expensive compared to other countries in SE Asia. And the ball does travel further but I would like to think it was my "skill"... ha ha Very Happy Understand there are a couple more golf clubs nearby to Spring City Resort that are about to obtain their license to open to the public. So it will be even more attractive!
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 456
Join date : 2009-10-13

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 9:14 am

Thank you for the review Gofnut. The course looks beautiful!
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 9:28 am

kyleyann wrote:
Thank you for the review Gofnut. The course looks beautiful!

It is. My amateurish photography does not do it justice! Great destination for golfers to fellowship sans non golfing partners/kids!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 9:49 am

Gofnut wrote:
Ya, the eternal spring weather there makes it a very attractive destination for golf though it is more expensive compared to other countries in SE Asia. And the ball does travel further but I would like to think it was my "skill"... ha ha Very Happy Understand there are a couple more golf clubs nearby to Spring City Resort that are about to obtain their license to open to the public. So it will be even more attractive!

Hainan is equally good ... U should consider it your next golf destination ... Cool
Back to top Go down
Cnng121
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 138
Join date : 2013-04-09

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 2:24 pm

Gofnut wrote:
kyleyann wrote:
Thank you for the review Gofnut. The course looks beautiful!

It is. My amateurish photography does not do it justice! Great destination for golfers to fellowship sans non golfing partners/kids!

Hey golnut, how do you manage to book one buggy to a golfer with a caddy? Do you know the cost per golfer? We go there once or twice a year for few years and always two to a buggy, one caddy to a golfer. And buggies on path for all our games so far except one as he is 70 yr old.....u guys muz be vips? Very Happy We have been paying 200rmb for the caddies for a 18 hole game...! We were told this the rate. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Gofnut
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 503
Join date : 2013-02-26
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 3:12 pm

Cnng121 wrote:


Hey golnut, how do you manage to book one buggy to a golfer with a caddy? Do you know the cost per golfer? We go there once or twice a year for few years and always two to a buggy, one caddy to a golfer. And buggies on path for all our games so far except one as he is 70 yr old.....u guys muz be vips? Very Happy We have been paying 200rmb for the caddies for a 18 hole game...! We were told this the rate. Shocked

Ha ha. Perhaps the two members with us are VVIPs! But I believe it was because the course was not crowded and thus we given the luxury of a caddy each to provide gainful employment. When they have insufficient caddies to go round, then we have to share. Our golfing fee of RMB900 is actually made up of Green Fee RMB600 and Caddy/Buggy Fee RMB300. We gave a further RMB100 direct to the caddy as tips.
Back to top Go down
3131T
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1185
Join date : 2009-12-08
Location : YCK

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 3:18 pm

Nice pics...

IIRC lotsa comments on Stone Forest is a must play course there...
Back to top Go down
slash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 104
Join date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 7:02 pm

Ah yes, Kunming - really miss that place. Dying to go there again, but waiting for kakis' round table from a list of "to play courses".
If you have 2 days' spare time while you're there, can take a short flight to Lijiang. Beautiful courses and superb courses as well.
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 138
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 9:25 pm

Can't wait for my kunming and lijiang trip next month. Will be playing the 2 courses at spring city and also stone forest. Should have a spare day for another game in kunming. Any recommendations? Thanks.
Back to top Go down
slash
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 104
Join date : 2009-09-16

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 9:39 pm

devil_wq wrote:
Can't wait for my kunming and lijiang trip next month. Will be playing the 2 courses at spring city and also stone forest. Should have a spare day for another game in kunming. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I kinda like Sunshine Golf Club...
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 138
Join date : 2009-07-19

PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Fri May 10, 2013 10:35 pm

slash wrote:
devil_wq wrote:
Can't wait for my kunming and lijiang trip next month. Will be playing the 2 courses at spring city and also stone forest. Should have a spare day for another game in kunming. Any recommendations? Thanks.

I kinda like Sunshine Golf Club...

Thanks. I will go check it out.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course   Today at 4:00 am

Back to top Go down
 
Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Golfing at Kunming's Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Lake Course
» Golfing at Spring City Golf & Lake Resort - Mountain Course
» Golfing at Kunming's Wanda Golf Club
» Golfing in Kunming
» Turf City Golf Range

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Courses and Ranges-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.