Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tour Striker Swing Aid

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:21 pm

Hi GRians,

Anybody has tried this swing trainer? Just received this one and I am anxious to try it out. Quite different from the other swing trainers I have since this clearly will force you to deliver the club to the ball in a proper impact position where the hands are leading due to the non existent leading edge. Could be a good solution to get rid of faults such as topping and scooping.

It is also quite heavy so maybe also good as a warm up tool. I will hit this in the next few days and let you all know the results.

Back to top Go down
almag69
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 06, 2013 1:52 pm

Do they sell this in Singapore?
Back to top Go down
kyleyann
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:10 pm

There's a whole thread on this equipment. You might want to check it out.

http://www.golfrepublic.org/t12476-find-your-sweet-spot-with-tour-striker-uodated-training-videos?highlight=striker

I used it before. It tells you very clearly when you've strike a ball incorrectly, but I feel it doesn't really show you how to ball-strike correctly, unless you can dicipher the training vids properly and put it into practice. The best way is still to get proper coaching.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:22 pm

almag69 wrote:
Do they sell this in Singapore?
BFG sell them.

It's a club to let you learn abt ball striking.
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Wed Jun 19, 2013 11:26 pm

I have the 7 iron pro.

The concept is to get you to hit down on the ball. That creates the lag to compress the ball therefore creating the power needed.

I find that the DVD itself is already worth the price of the club. Very Happy

Watching it is a must before using the tourstriker for beginners like myself.
Back to top Go down
pReTeNd3r
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 20, 2013 5:43 am

So for beginner, we should start with 7 iron pro?
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 20, 2013 7:42 am

Supposed to be the 8 iron for beginners but they dont have stock so i got the 7 iron pro. There is also the 7 iron pro x. The sweet spot is much lesser and not suitable for beginners.
Back to top Go down
jascon77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 20, 2013 10:25 am

So far i manged to go the the range 3 times with the tour striker 7 iron pro. My first few shots did not launch well so it means I am not hitting the sweet spot. After several balls and a few adjustments I figured out how to consistently launch the ball up.  I then alternate hitting the tourstriker with with my irons and I find that I am now able to begin to feel how a proper strike/impact should feel like. I can see the difference of a properly hit/compressed ball in the flight, distance and speed at which the ball leaves the club.

Ironically I can hit this 7 iron pro with better launch and distance than my regular 7 iron. I may just use this on one of the par3's. I think what is great about this club is that it does not give you an option to fail.  Its either you hit a good shot or a bad shot, nothing much in between. Game improvement clubs nowadays allows us to hit/launch the ball easier but does not discipline us to deliver a proper impact.   

Did not really find it difficult to handle the 7 iron pro. Just do not get frustrated at first. When I was getting frustrated  I used a drill I picked up from Martin Hall from School of Golf where you set yourself at the impact position, and from there do a slight backswing and return to impact at the downswing. From there I can say that I just crossed the fence.

Looking forward to bring this newfound breakthrough to the greens. As soon as the haze goes down though Smile. Just a little background on myself. Started golf late at 33 yrs old and on my 3rd year of playing. Been through 3 coaches/lessons . Handicap is plays at around 19-21.
Back to top Go down
B8383B
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 20, 2013 12:45 pm

Saw them on amazon.com and they are retailing like US$69 onwards. With the new free shipping and after conversion, it may not be a bad idea to buy with some other stuffs.

If anyone is buying the pro striker alone, I wouldn't mind joining in to top up over the minimum $125 spending for free shipping to singapore.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 20, 2013 1:17 pm

B8383B wrote:
Saw them on amazon.com and they are retailing like US$69 onwards. With the new free shipping and after conversion, it may not be a bad idea to buy with some other stuffs.

If anyone is buying the pro striker alone, I wouldn't mind joining in to top up over the minimum $125 spending for free shipping to singapore.

Cheers

They are selling it in Singapore if you don't want to wait, got mine at the pro shop in Keppel Club. They don't have the 8 iron in stock though but they have the 7 iron pro and pro x with steel and graphite shaft. Its SGD 139.
Back to top Go down
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Thu Jun 20, 2013 2:51 pm

B8383B wrote:

Cheers

i am keen! let me know man, we can do a mini mo
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tour Striker Swing Aid   Today at 3:50 am

Back to top Go down

Tour Striker Swing Aid
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1