Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:44 pm

Here is my story. I KILLED 2 KINGFISHERS, one each from 2 different courses. In different countries. Both same specie of Kingfisher. Is that a phenomenon? Ok here goes on the first one. Was playing at the old SELETAR BASE GOLF CLUB and at one of the hole whereby you got a pond right in front of the Tee Box. Can't remember Hole 2 or 3 clearly now. I hit my tee shot across the pond and then a kingfisher just slammed into my ball like a homing missile like that. The bird landed on dry ground besides the pond with its head crushed ! Couldn't play properly after that hole. In the second story, I was playing at Daiman 18. ON one of the par 5, a Kingfisher was enjoying watching people playing golf perched on the branch of a coconut tree 50 or 60m away when my ball just slammed into him/her. Same result. A direct hit on the head. Its crushed head looks exactly like the first bird I hit at SBGC years ago. Deja Vu...is that the correct expression? Again, the rest of my game were in tatters.
Anybody got similar experiences?? Please relate your experience. Shocked

Titu
Back to top Go down
focus77
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 31
Join date : 2009-10-29

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 5:54 pm

Im the witness to the death of the kingfishers..! the eyes were even opened at their deathbeds. Should still hav the photos. Poor birdies.. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:13 pm

focus77 wrote:
Im the witness to the death of the kingfishers..! the eyes were even opened at their deathbeds. Should still hav the photos. Poor birdies.. Rolling Eyes

Hey C.... I also still have a photo of it but cant get it out from my phone. If you still have and can post it out here DO IT MY MAN ... I HIT IT

Titu
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 8185
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:20 pm

walau...at Seletar Base...tat must be moons ago.

anyways, I think if it does not cut across fairway or humans...then no need lah....coz as far as I understand only parrot understand human language.

But I will (if me) at least cover them in leaves....and wish RIP....and after that, do a mock-up Purple Heart and bestow on it....for facing the ball head-on.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 6:38 pm

Duval_S wrote:
walau...at Seletar Base...tat must be moons ago.

anyways, I think if it does not cut across fairway or humans...then no need lah....coz as far as I understand only parrot understand human language.

But I will (if me) at least cover them in leaves....and wish RIP....and after that, do a mock-up Purple Heart and bestow on it....for facing the ball head-on.

Yeah...I think I did that, i meant covered it up with leaves...

Titu
Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3248
Join date : 2009-07-17
Age : 41
Location : Serangoon Central

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:00 pm

Just to confirm, are we supposed to shout BALL or FORE?
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:10 pm

watermyforrest wrote:
Just to confirm, are we supposed to shout BALL or FORE?

When I started golf I shouted FORE ! But after playing with Kakis, All I heard is BALL and never FORE ! So now also only shout BALL instead of FORE ! Anyway BALL do sound like FORE over the distance.



Titu
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:33 pm

FORE!!! then five, six, seven.. depending on what you think your score is going to be...

Titu.: . wah lau eh.. very cruel leh...hope it was a fast and painless death for the bird.
Long ago, I heard at Pebble beach, there was a golfer who accidentally hit a deer; deer didn't die, but was injured. The golfer was forced to pay for medical bills for the deer. (Not sure if he had insurance or not)...

Anyway, if you hear FORE/BALL... etc on the golf course, I think best thing to do is to cover your head (squat down if you must to minimize yourself as a target, but look very guniang lah). Worse thing to do is to turn your head and face the direction of the shout, trying to figure out where the shout is coming from, as it will be very likely you will be turning to face smack on into the oncoming ball... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:45 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
FORE!!! then five, six, seven.. depending on what you think your score is going to be...

Titu.: . wah lau eh.. very cruel leh...hope it was a fast and painless death for the bird.
Long ago, I heard at Pebble beach, there was a golfer who accidentally hit a deer; deer didn't die, but was injured. The golfer was forced to pay for medical bills for the deer. (Not sure if he had insurance or not)...

Anyway, if you hear FORE/BALL... etc on the golf course, I think best thing to do is to cover your head (squat down if you must to minimize yourself as a target, but look very guniang lah). Worse thing to do is to turn your head and face the direction of the shout, trying to figure out where the shout is coming from, as it will be very likely you will be turning to face smack on into the oncoming ball... Embarassed

The last time i was at a tee box, i did not hear Fore or Ball but afterwards, i heard my flight mate shouting 拿不起来.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:54 pm

shotah wrote:

The last time i was at a tee box, i did not hear Fore or Ball but afterwards, i heard my flight mate shouting 拿不起来.
If in a hurry or kan cheong, I might shout that too; but if got time.. adding the two more words.. meaning "see you" sound better, like more sincere maybe? Dunno my chinese not too good...
看你拿不起来!!
Back to top Go down
shotah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1005
Join date : 2009-06-26
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 8:57 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
shotah wrote:

The last time i was at a tee box, i did not hear Fore or Ball but afterwards, i heard my flight mate shouting 拿不起来.
If in a hurry or kan cheong, I might shout that too; but if got time.. adding the two more words.. meaning "see you" sound better, like more sincere maybe? Dunno my chinese not too good...
看你拿不起来!!

Bro, i think if the "see you" is included, the ball from other flights should be within 2m of us liao. Smile
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:07 pm

Birdie-blaster Razz

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:31 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
FORE!!! then five, six, seven.. depending on what you think your score is going to be...

Titu.: . wah lau eh.. very cruel leh...hope it was a fast and painless death for the bird.
Long ago, I heard at Pebble beach, there was a golfer who accidentally hit a deer; deer didn't die, but was injured. The golfer was forced to pay for medical bills for the deer. (Not sure if he had insurance or not)...

Anyway, if you hear FORE/BALL... etc on the golf course, I think best thing to do is to cover your head (squat down if you must to minimize yourself as a target, but look very guniang lah). Worse thing to do is to turn your head and face the direction of the shout, trying to figure out where the shout is coming from, as it will be very likely you will be turning to face smack on into the oncoming ball... Embarassed

Hey SS I dont think the bird got anytime to contemplate whether it is painful or not. Probably when it woke up it will discover a totally different environment from where it previously came from. Wink
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:36 pm

shotah wrote:
Ssquirrel wrote:
FORE!!! then five, six, seven.. depending on what you think your score is going to be...

Titu.: . wah lau eh.. very cruel leh...hope it was a fast and painless death for the bird.
Long ago, I heard at Pebble beach, there was a golfer who accidentally hit a deer; deer didn't die, but was injured. The golfer was forced to pay for medical bills for the deer. (Not sure if he had insurance or not)...

Anyway, if you hear FORE/BALL... etc on the golf course, I think best thing to do is to cover your head (squat down if you must to minimize yourself as a target, but look very guniang lah). Worse thing to do is to turn your head and face the direction of the shout, trying to figure out where the shout is coming from, as it will be very likely you will be turning to face smack on into the oncoming ball... Embarassed

The last time i was at a tee box, i did not hear Fore or Ball but afterwards, i heard my flight mate shouting 拿不起来.

ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL ROFL
At first I dont get it but as I was thinking it hit me hahahhahahhahah
ROTFLOL
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:38 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
shotah wrote:

The last time i was at a tee box, i did not hear Fore or Ball but afterwards, i heard my flight mate shouting 拿不起来.
If in a hurry or kan cheong, I might shout that too; but if got time.. adding the two more words.. meaning "see you" sound better, like more sincere maybe? Dunno my chinese not too good...
看你拿不起来!!

MY GOD !!!! I still cant get over it !!!!! whahahahhahahah !!!!!
ROFL ROFL ROFL

Titu Beer
Back to top Go down
atom
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 35
Join date : 2009-11-16
Location : EAST

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 9:41 pm

are you as accurate when aiming at the holes??

2 KINGFISHERS!! hahahaha
Back to top Go down
jaketang
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2648
Join date : 2009-06-20
Age : 41
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:37 pm

i did have a similar experience but i feel it's worse...

hmmm a year or 2 ago, i think is NSRCC army 6th hole off blue (tht day we need to tee off from tht "small" island).. as i m so bad with my driver, i revert to use my 5W to tee off straight....

so i whack it with full force 1000% caused feeling so fustrated...... it happens i produce a super topped shot, ball juz 50cm above water... next thing i heard a loud "pop" sound.. it hit a "crane" not sure what species is tht.. (those white with abit of grey, quite big)

i think the ball broke the neck or sKul..l Crying or Very sad then i notice actually the water level is very low.. coz it's head is submerged in the water, the wings are still flapping weakly above the water for a good 5-10min before it stopped... Sad

at first everyone stopped n shock... then someone mention tht's a true birdie... all of us laughed so loud.. but i felt so guilty... Mad and i continue to play very badly after tht...
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 10:59 pm

atom wrote:
are you as accurate when aiming at the holes??

2 KINGFISHERS!! hahahaha

NO !!! ONLY BIRDS !!! pale lol!
Titu
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Mon Nov 16, 2009 11:00 pm

jaketang wrote:
i did have a similar experience but i feel it's worse...

hmmm a year or 2 ago, i think is NSRCC army 6th hole off blue (tht day we need to tee off from tht "small" island).. as i m so bad with my driver, i revert to use my 5W to tee off straight....

so i whack it with full force 1000% caused feeling so fustrated...... it happens i produce a super topped shot, ball juz 50cm above water... next thing i heard a loud "pop" sound.. it hit a "crane" not sure what species is tht.. (those white with abit of grey, quite big)

i think the ball broke the neck or sKul..l Crying or Very sad then i notice actually the water level is very low.. coz it's head is submerged in the water, the wings are still flapping weakly above the water for a good 5-10min before it stopped... Sad

at first everyone stopped n shock... then someone mention tht's a true birdie... all of us laughed so loud.. but i felt so guilty... Mad and i continue to play very badly after tht...

I know the exact feeling bro.. pale

Titu
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Tue Nov 17, 2009 10:49 am

My experience a little different. No ball as projectile and definitely no bird since I birdman.
I was at Horizon Hill's 11th hole in the middle of the fairway, I took a practice swing as something whizzed past my left, on my follow through, I felt and heard a pok. I thought eh funny, how could I have hit anything, middle of the fairway with no overhanging branches? Looked up then down and on the ground I saw something with wings. I realized what I had hit was a dragonfly on my practice swing follow through. On closer inspection, something didn't look quite right with the dragonfly, then it hit me, I had beheaded the dragonfly with my hybrid while both were in mid flight! One clean chop, cos no guts was spilling out, everything else apart from the head was intact.

Swing
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Tue Nov 17, 2009 12:15 pm

Birdman wrote:
My experience a little different. No ball as projectile and definitely no bird since I birdman.
I was at Horizon Hill's 11th hole in the middle of the fairway, I took a practice swing as something whizzed past my left, on my follow through, I felt and heard a pok. I thought eh funny, how could I have hit anything, middle of the fairway with no overhanging branches? Looked up then down and on the ground I saw something with wings. I realized what I had hit was a dragonfly on my practice swing follow through. On closer inspection, something didn't look quite right with the dragonfly, then it hit me, I had beheaded the dragonfly with my hybrid while both were in mid flight! One clean chop, cos no guts was spilling out, everything else apart from the head was intact.

Swing

Good one Birdman. C'MON GUYS ! Any more unusual stories to tell ?????
C'MON LET IT ALL OUT
C'MON, I M TELLING YOU NOW
COME ON........

Titu Swing
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Tue Nov 17, 2009 1:57 pm

Got one more I just remembered.

Friend of mine was teeing off at Desaru CC years back. Big stomach cos he loves food and drink, some more wear tight shorts with no belt. So there he was was on the tee box, took a lash with his driver, whack the ball with a "POW", followed almost immediately after with a high pitched "PING". I saw something fly from his stomach straight out, heard him exclaim "Aiyo!".

His shorts had given way at the button from squeezing the stomach muscles. He was half unzipped as i found the button and saw that it had bust in the centre to leave just a donut hole where the crosshairs used to be.

Kept laughing all the way through the round, especially since he had to keep pulling on his zipper to keep his shorts up.
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:03 pm

Birdman wrote:
Got one more I just remembered.

Friend of mine was teeing off at Desaru CC years back. Big stomach cos he loves food and drink, some more wear tight shorts with no belt. So there he was was on the tee box, took a lash with his driver, whack the ball with a "POW", followed almost immediately after with a high pitched "PING". I saw something fly from his stomach straight out, heard him exclaim "Aiyo!".

His shorts had given way at the button from squeezing the stomach muscles. He was half unzipped as i found the button and saw that it had bust in the centre to leave just a donut hole where the crosshairs used to be.

Kept laughing all the way through the round, especially since he had to keep pulling on his zipper to keep his shorts up.
Good thing his bird was not harmed like in the other stories albino
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Tue Nov 17, 2009 2:53 pm

Think that bird ran into a dark cave for safety when he heard the "PING"!

ROFL
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3375
Join date : 2009-10-16
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Tue Nov 17, 2009 4:24 pm

Hahahaha... ROFL
tks.

Titu
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????   Today at 7:39 pm

Back to top Go down
 
SHOULD I HAVE SHOUTED BALL ??????????
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next
 Similar topics
-
» Need to shout "Ball" or "4"?
» Best match ball??
» Crash Ball Center
» Foo-King-Long Golf Ball
» Pickering High School Ball Team On THE SCORE

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.