Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
NewBie_SS
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 37
Join date : 2013-04-29

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:23 pm

PSI 85!!! Smile Time for RANGE!
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:34 pm

water filtration effectiveness is quite debatable. Example might be bongs/shishas use some kind of water filtration but till the smokers get "high". That might just show how effective it really is Very Happy

HEPA is still better to trap the small particulates for our current problem. Look out for units that comes with activated carbon filters to filter out the fumes/smell/toxic gases. They both work in tandem.
These filters need to changed frequently if use intensively.

Amazon do sell a lot of these air purifiers but take note that most come with the US voltage 110V. Unless they come with dual voltage, you might have to fork for a transformer to use in our 230V requirement.
Back to top Go down
hillgreen
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 643
Join date : 2009-07-10

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Sat Jun 22, 2013 4:53 pm

hepa system is one of the most ex
Back to top Go down
greenteaz
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 246
Join date : 2012-08-21

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:59 am

Hi everyone. Please note that the phone number is only for week days...
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:23 am

Let me chip in on what I'd gathered from my online research and the folloing is based on my PERSONAL opinion.


First up, yes HEPA is the most recommended at the moment because the haze is made up of solid particles. And HEPA is a physical filtration.


As for activated carbon (because I am selling activated carbon), yes it does have the properties to remove smell. As for toxic gases, it really depend on what type of toxic gases we are talking about. Because different toxic gases are of different chemical composition, hence efficiency will be the keyword here.


Some air purifiers comes with Ozone generating function, and in my opinion, it is not advisable, especially for if there are people in the household who are have sensitive nose and lung conditions. If you do a google search for ozone, you will see that even EPA is not recommending.


Hope the above helps and wish everyone good health!
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 698
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 44
Location : PRC most of the time.....

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:33 am

To add-on, must also be cognizant on the area that the "air-purifier" covers, even with HEPA. NO point having one that covers 200 sf if your purpose is to purify your living room of 400 sf.

JMHO.

Cheers.




Batman wrote:
Let me chip in on what I'd gathered from my online research and the folloing is based on my PERSONAL opinion.


First up, yes HEPA is the most recommended at the moment because the haze is made up of solid particles. And HEPA is a physical filtration.


As for activated carbon (because I am selling activated carbon), yes it does have the properties to remove smell. As for toxic gases, it really depend on what type of toxic gases we are talking about. Because different toxic gases are of different chemical composition, hence efficiency will be the keyword here.


Some air purifiers comes with Ozone generating function, and in my opinion, it is not advisable, especially for if there are people in the household who are have sensitive nose and lung conditions. If you do a google search for ozone, you will see that even EPA is not recommending.


Hope the above helps and wish everyone good health!
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:42 am

Agreed. I think people sometimes wonder why their purifiers don't work or are not as effective. Check out the capacity of your purifier. If it's under-capacity, it will be like having air-conditioning for one room to cool down a multi-purpose hall. It'll kill the purifier and won't be nearly as effective.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
golfool2009
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1313
Join date : 2010-06-14

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:10 am

A buddy just bought a mediklinn air sterilizer for me that releases negative ions into the air....i'm staring at the box right now....are you saying it's not effective?...

My wife's doctor claims that we are all over-reacting (and this was on fri when the air was really bad) and just stay indoors with the aircon on.....she's a fairly well-known doctor but i wonder if it's because she's old and she won't be around for any long-term effects!??!!

On another note, isn't the air in Beijing like this all year round?....what do they do to combat this.....i recognise it's strange asking for advise on this in a golf forum but the only precaution my friends are taking is to smoke indoors instead of standing in the haze.......
Back to top Go down
popeyex
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 104
Join date : 2011-05-09

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:16 am

actually we all are more concern of the long-term effects. maybe don't feel now but we don't want something bad to happen in the future. just take whatever precaution you can.

taking precaution and being paranoid, now that is really a fine line
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 698
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 44
Location : PRC most of the time.....

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:19 am

Well.... all the experts, MPs & Ministers can have their views.... my views go on my feel.... so long I dun feel right real time, I go seek refuge in my own enclosed protected home with PURIFIED air (HEPA Standard)....

At the end of the day, if our family suffer in the mid-long term, no one will help us except ourselves.

Have a great week ahead (Hazeless, I hope....)


golfool2009 wrote:
A buddy just bought a mediklinn air sterilizer for me that releases negative ions into the air....i'm staring at the box right now....are you saying it's not effective?...

My wife's doctor claims that we are all over-reacting (and this was on fri when the air was really bad) and just stay indoors with the aircon on.....she's a fairly well-known doctor but i wonder if it's because she's old and she won't be around for any long-term effects!??!!

On another note, isn't the air in Beijing like this all year round?....what do they do to combat this.....i recognise it's strange asking for advise on this in a golf forum but the only precaution my friends are taking is to smoke indoors instead of standing in the haze.......
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:38 am

I will admit that I think it's a bit of over-reacting. But, to each his or her own. If we can take steps to mitigate our risks, why not? If others are more cavalier or nonchalant, that's fine too. We spend way too much time worrying about what others do. Figure out what works best for you and gives you the most comfort, then run with it Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Lee36328
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1997
Join date : 2011-03-27

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:40 am

Thanks to this useful thread, I bought a HEPA purifier last night. It was a funny, chaotic scene at the  electrical shop, something I had not seen before.

The purifier boxes were piled up in the main entrance, and customers were hovering around them making enquiries.

The cashier was on the phone, taking bulk orders for the units, and yelling at her sales guys in both cantonese and malay, "Don't sell anymore! I tell you ah, don't sell! Don't sell! No more stock! I want 5 units for my customer! All sold!"

And the sales guys were almost fighting among themselves, 'chopping' the boxes by writing their names on it. The unit I wanted sold out right under my nose as I was asking about the spec. The big pile of boxes disappeared in front of my eyes.

Finally I decided to grab whatever spec was available, paid up, and my salesman grabbed a box when the other sales guy was not looking, and ran out with it to my car, saying 'Paid already, invoice printed already!"

Other shops could not even get any stock, I checked. He told me this shop managed to get stock direct from the main supplier, but every time the boxes arrive, they are sold out within minutes.

I have not seen even hot cakes selling like this. Amazing.

Put the unit to work in the living room. Works well. Odor and dust reduced noticeably. Thanks for the useful info in this thread.
Back to top Go down
Solutions
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 84
Join date : 2011-07-04

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:20 am

Wow u are one lucky man to be able to get a unit now.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 698
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 44
Location : PRC most of the time.....

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:57 am

Bro,

Great to hear that you got a unit.

Dunno if there is any GRians with direct lobang in Japan or PRC and can do direct shipping? if have, would be wonderful if can do GB for fellow forummers who have yet to secure a unit... esp those with toddlers, children & old folks at home....

FYI, one lady died in Muar yesterday cos of lung complications due to the haze... reported in the local papers.....

Take care all

Lee36328 wrote:
Thanks to this useful thread, I bought a HEPA purifier last night. It was a funny, chaotic scene at the  electrical shop, something I had not seen before.

The purifier boxes were piled up in the main entrance, and customers were hovering around them making enquiries.

The cashier was on the phone, taking bulk orders for the units, and yelling at her sales guys in both cantonese and malay, "Don't sell anymore! I tell you ah, don't sell! Don't sell! No more stock! I want 5 units for my customer! All sold!"

And the sales guys were almost fighting among themselves, 'chopping' the boxes by writing their names on it. The unit I wanted sold out right under my nose as I was asking about the spec. The big pile of boxes disappeared in front of my eyes.

Finally I decided to grab whatever spec was available, paid up, and my salesman grabbed a box when the other sales guy was not looking, and ran out with it to my car, saying 'Paid already, invoice printed already!"

Other shops could not even get any stock, I checked. He told me this shop managed to get stock direct from the main supplier, but every time the boxes arrive, they are sold out within minutes.

I have not seen even hot cakes selling like this. Amazing.

Put the unit to work in the living room. Works well. Odor and dust reduced noticeably. Thanks for the useful info in this thread.
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 33
Location : Punggol

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:50 am

Bros,

You can try this guy. Got a few units from him. It's pretty small, so I think only good for a room. Min 2 units for free delivery.

NewFresh purifier

BTW, I'm not related to the seller nor get any commission from him. No need to quote my name. Just sharing what I manage to get despite the high demand.


Last edited by kevinhwc on Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:00 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 698
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 44
Location : PRC most of the time.....

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Wed Jun 26, 2013 9:58 am

Newfresh is NON-HEPA, bro..........


kevinhwc wrote:
Bros,

You can try this guy. Got a few units from him. It's pretty small, so I think only good for a room. Min 2 units for free delivery.

NewFresh purifier

BTW, I'm not related to the seller nor get any commission from him. No need to quote my name. Just sharing what I manage to get despite the high demand.
Back to top Go down
kevinhwc
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 390
Join date : 2011-03-16
Age : 33
Location : Punggol

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Wed Jun 26, 2013 10:01 am

bogeyman72 wrote:
Newfresh is NON-HEPA, bro..........


kevinhwc wrote:
Bros,

You can try this guy. Got a few units from him. It's pretty small, so I think only good for a room. Min 2 units for free delivery.

NewFresh purifier

BTW, I'm not related to the seller nor get any commission from him. No need to quote my name. Just sharing what I manage to get despite the high demand.

Forget to mention that. It's non HEPA. Use it mainly for my study room. No choice bro. Can't find anywhere.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 698
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 44
Location : PRC most of the time.....

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Wed Jun 26, 2013 3:15 pm

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/asiapacific/malaysian-woman-s-death/724722.html

KUALA LUMPUR: Smog from slash-and-burn agricultural fires in Indonesia has been blamed for killing an asthmatic woman in southern Malaysia, the first reported death attributed to the crisis, a media report said Wednesday.
The Sun newspaper said Li Cai Ling, a resident of the southern town of Muar -- which saw intense air pollution at the weekend -- died on Sunday with a medical report blaming the polluted air.
Singapore initially bore the brunt of Southeast Asia's worst smog crisis for years with pollution reaching record levels last week. Favourable winds have since cleared the air over the city-state but southern Malaysia remains choked by smoke.
Pollution spiked to hazardous levels in some parts of the country in recent days, with southern Malaysia seeing its worst air quality in 16 years last weekend.
The smog has eased but continued to hang over some areas including the capital Kuala Lumpur on Wednesday.
The situation has also forced newly-promoted English Premier League side Cardiff City to cancel a Malaysia visit that was set to begin this week.
The club said in a statement posted on its website on Tuesday that it has abandoned the scheduled week-long trip to Malaysia -- home of its billionaire owner Vincent Tan -- "due to the current poor air quality in the region".
"It has been decided for the welfare of all concerned to delay the trip," Tan said in the statement.
Several team representatives including manager Malky Mackay and forward Craig Bellamy were to leave for Malaysia on Thursday for a visit intended to promote the club to the country's football fans.
The air pollution has also forced the cancellation of other sporting events in Malaysia including a marathon in Kuala Lumpur and a national-level competition for disabled athletes.
- AFP/xq
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 309
Join date : 2012-11-19
Age : 40

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Thu Jun 27, 2013 10:54 am

Hey guys,

Any views on ionisers? I dont really know how that works, and whether its effective for a car in these hazy conditions.

Reason being Dad just bought one for his car, and swears by it. But I'd just like to know if it works or not.
Back to top Go down
bogeyman72
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 698
Join date : 2011-05-04
Age : 44
Location : PRC most of the time.....

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Thu Jun 27, 2013 11:36 pm

I was at Mega Discount Store earlier this evening, a few units of Bionaire, Delonghi HEPA standard air-purifiers just came in...

Also, they have stock of Kimerley Clark N95 masks selling for SGD39 for 20 pcs....

FYI


kevinhwc wrote:
bogeyman72 wrote:
Newfresh is NON-HEPA, bro..........


kevinhwc wrote:
Bros,

You can try this guy. Got a few units from him. It's pretty small, so I think only good for a room. Min 2 units for free delivery.

NewFresh purifier

BTW, I'm not related to the seller nor get any commission from him. No need to quote my name. Just sharing what I manage to get despite the high demand.

Forget to mention that. It's non HEPA. Use it mainly for my study room. No choice bro. Can't find anywhere.
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:15 pm



Having just read this interesting thread thought i'd share an alternative emerging air purification technology.
Since the SARS crisis, I hv used a Daikin PhotoCatalytic Air Purifier http://www.daikin.com.sg/products.asp?series=r5


A photocatalytic purifier can eliminate particles down to 0.001 microns from air, including the very tiny lung penetrating particles PM2.5 concentrations that is mentioned by NEA. Remember most HEPA air filters balk at particles smaller than .3 microns.

High-efficiency particulate air or HEPA is a type of air filter. Filters meeting the HEPA standard have many applications, including use in medical facilities, automobiles, aircraft, and homes. The filter must satisfy certain standards of efficiency such as those set by the United States Department of Energy (DOE). To qualify as HEPA by US government standards, an air filter must remove (from the air that passes through) 99.97% of particles that have a size of 0.3 micrometres. (American Society of Mechanical Engineers, ASME AG-1a–2004, “Addenda to ASME AG-1–2003 Code on Nuclear Air and Gas Treatment”, 2004)

The photocatalytic air purifier is based on photocatalytic oxidation (PCO), an emerging air purifier technology that converts fine particles and toxic gasses into safer compounds. PCO is FDA approved for reducing bacteria in poultry and pork processing, and is used to cleanse pesticides from fruits and vegetables. See http://www.air-purifier-power.com/photocatalytic-air-purifier.html
Back to top Go down
Khorkar
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 2978
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 42
Location : Sinkapoh

PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Fri Jun 28, 2013 12:50 pm

I used Honeywell Hepa Purifiers for well over 5 yrs. Its a midrange unit. I have 2 units of same model and it is placed in hall and room. We needed it as my eldest kid is allergic to air borne allergens. I find the honeywell quite efficient. Its my second and third HEPA filter after Philips. I honestly find Honeywell's to be very powerful units, easy to use and clean. It has pre-filter and hepa filters. The pre-filters can be cleaned with secondary vacuuming every 3 month but typically we replace it after 1 round of vacuum. which last about 6 months and cost i think about Sgd60 for 2 pieces that you need to cut. The Hepa filter last about 2-4 yrs dependent on usage and can be a bit more expensive. We can easily order this locally and from Amazon.


http://www.amazon.com/Honeywell-Long-Life-QuietCare-Purifier-17000/dp/B000050AQ5/ref=sr_1_4?ie=UTF8&qid=1372394328&sr=8-4&keywords=honeywell+hepa+air+filter

My suggestion, dont buy HEPA filters and think that it is only for haze but you can use it for long term air circulation or prevention of allergy. Also, buy one that you can order spare parts and a brand name that has expertise specially for air filters but those major outlet brands like philips, lg and etc. You need something that is deliver massive air push and trouble free maintenance. And, they dont need to look pretty, just functional to filter quality clean air.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery   Today at 1:56 am

Back to top Go down
 
Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Lobang for Air Purifier + Free local delivery
» 1 8" Pioneer bass tube. Free today only.
» Free parking for Sat golfers.. where?
» Nabokov released by SKA contract, now a free agent
» Free transfer list

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The 19th Hole :: Lounge-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.