Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Sun Jun 30, 2013 6:45 pm

Hopefully it will inspire many to become better.

It has been a journey of many years and the countless sms and what'sapp message back and forth...finally i count this as the most important win in this young man's career. He has beaten the best of the best and the only Thai player absent was Thongchai Jaidee. He was often neglected because he does not wear the beer brand on his shoulder and against all odds, he triumphed today, shooting a 63 in the 2nd final group to clinch the top prize in the All-Singha Tour but more importantly get his chance to play in the Panasonic Open in Japan. Jazz aka Atitwit has also shown that he has understood and master the Art of Winning....

here's some snap shot from the beginning....

Our first meeting was at Black Mountain....its not how young he is but how slim i was....

getting his first ZEN and the first magic wand lesson...

many of you will find this familiar.....

he can stroke when he no longer sees the ball.....

sometimes we only remember him as a professional but forget that he is only 17 and still as student...

and how many tour players will carry my bag from the car to the check-in counter

years later, its still looking the same except his belly is starting to look like mine..

familiar....he is supposed to blank me out....he can if he is focussed enough.....

there were times where the training is in-door and he has learned to work out course strategy so he knows when to attack and when to defend.

finally he has grown...not yet 18 and the youngest on the Asian Tour

and today he prove that he has what it takes to compete at the highest stage....

i hope you will enjoy this journey with me as it was a win that have taken years to build and we hope to see more win from this exceptional young man with the talent to match.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
shimizu.toruk
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Sun Jun 30, 2013 7:00 pm

Awesome!
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:55 pm

Fantastic!!!!
Back to top Go down
pReTeNd3r
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:29 pm

Nice.....
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Sun Jun 30, 2013 10:32 pm

Congratz!!!
Back to top Go down
teegem
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 8:10 am

Congrats Eric
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:35 am

Congrats
Back to top Go down
Roystonnn
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 3:54 pm

Boss! U r amazing!!
By the way, your belly also progresses as the boy improves.. Razz
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 4:01 pm

Cool!

I wonder if any of our local boys and girls are on BFG stables. Hope to have a Singaporean prodigy flying our local brand soon.
Back to top Go down
danielleecm
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:27 pm

nice pictures and great effort paid off with a upcoming asian young star. great work and kudos to Eric and BFG.
Back to top Go down
suirattigas
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 5:40 pm

Impressive!! Congratz!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:46 pm

i have 2 students (one boy and a girl) who are based in Singapore...one is based here and he is a PR, the other represent Singapore. they are 15 an 14 respectively.

the boy have been working with me for the last 2 and half years and the girl for the last 3 months.

for those who come to BFG often, you will see them often.

Recently in the Seletar junior which he won, Yash shot 66 off the blue but his tournament best is the San Diego Junior 2012 where he shot 63 and he won that tournament. For Amanda, she shot the best score of 2 under on the first day of competition at the Santi Cup (Ladies team, not junior team) last week...i am sure we will here more of them in the future. i work with Yash using a emwave (its a software that measures his ability to get into the Zone) and i can only say that he is the best i have seen. even better than Atiwit when it comes to the ability to get into the Zone and staying in the Zone.

Amanda have started not too long ago and her weak part of the game is now clearly her strongest. i believe she will get better and better.

so here they are:

Yash winning the Laguna Junior last week by 6 strokes shooting 74 and 74...

and Amanda getting the tournament best score of 70 at the Santi Cup last weekend at Sherwood, the Philippines......

Commercial break: both Yash and Amanda uses the fishy sticks and fishy wedges as well as a ZEN ZIM and ZEN ZZAM Prototype.

thank you for your well wishes but the stage belongs to the golfer. i am only the noise in the background.....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Mon Jul 01, 2013 7:04 pm

more good years!
Back to top Go down
ahnah
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:22 am

Congrats !!!
Back to top Go down
darren.loo
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:13 pm

Always nice to hear / see that a local company is in support of young talents! We don't always have to depend on MNCs.. Laughing Laughing 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive    Today at 10:14 pm

Back to top Go down

The Making of a Champion - Pix Intensive
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1