Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 am

I'm so JEALOUS! You got Phil Mick's autograph on the Barclays' Cap!

Btw, who's does the other autograph belong to?
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:22 am

ur2slo wrote:
I FYI:I'll be golfing in NZ Nov20-Dec4 so please leave me your questions and I'll try reply you when I have access or when back. Thanks.

Off topic, but where in NZ are you playing?
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
ur2slo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:25 am

spoonsports wrote:
Bro yourbelow driver still avail?

TaylorMade(TM) 320Ti Condition:7/10 Shaft:Lite L60 Flex:Not stated but ladies regular Loft:10.5 Bought used SGD 60

My bro Gf looking for it.

Hi yes, the TM driver is still available. You interested I'll PM you my contact. Actually a very good easy forgiving driver for anyone to use. Thanks.

Last edited by ur2slo on Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
ur2slo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:48 am

rocky wrote:
I'm so JEALOUS! You got Phil Mick's autograph on the Barclays' Cap!

Btw, who's does the other autograph belong to?

Hi, it wasn't easy to get Phil to autograph for anyone. Luckily he popped into the Barclay's reception area and managed to get him to autograph.

The other autograph belongs to Ernie Els. This was another interesting story. At the end of last year's open, he threw the ball to my son on the 18th and when we approached him to sign on the ball this year when we caught him at the range, he asked if that was the ball he gave us last year. WOW! He remembers...not us(I think) but his ball. This year we were following him and again he looked for us and threw us his this year's ball. Got him to autograph it too. Will include pictures of the 2 Ernie's autographed balls and Prayad Marksaeng's(he refused to autograph and like most Thai's, very superstitious type-reluctant to give up the ball).

Tip #1: if you want to get player's balls after the rounds, stay around the 18th hole near the entrance to the hospitality room on the green. You always see lots of kids around there.
Tip #2: if you want to get autographs, get to the clubhouse driving range/putting ground 1 hour before their round and you're are sure to see them practising there. You have to be persistent and patient. I bumped into Phil twice there but he refused to sign any. I saw him brushing aways kids too. But many club workers sure had a good time getting all the stars to autograph for them.
Back to top Go down
ur2slo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 9:57 am

Here it is.....Ernie's aurographed balls

Left-Ernie's 2009 ball Middle-Marksaeng's ball Right-Ernie's 2008 ball

Enjoy
Back to top Go down
ur2slo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:04 am

shorthitter wrote:
ur2slo wrote:
I FYI:I'll be golfing in NZ Nov20-Dec4 so please leave me your questions and I'll try reply you when I have access or when back. Thanks.

Off topic, but where in NZ are you playing?

Travelling for 13 days and I have reciprocal arrangements with and playing at
Auckland Golf Cluib
Royal Wellington Golf Club
Hutt Golf Club
Christchurch Golf Club

Additional courses planned(if time permits) at
Wairakei Golf Club
Cape Kidnappers
Clearwater

Very ambitious but all depends on the disastrous rainy and cold weather next 2 weeks.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:08 am

Good choices, you will find in NZ we play in the rain, no choice. Over there very few lightning storms.. take a rainsuit....

Very Happy
Back to top Go down
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:21 am

Topic split from Marketplace.

Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:42 am

S70B wrote:
Topic split from Marketplace.

Thanks. Was wondering if I should have moved it out of the MKT place as rules stated no discussion other than sales. Apologies.
Back to top Go down
ur2slo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 10:52 am

shorthitter wrote:
Good choices, you will find in NZ we play in the rain, no choice. Over there very few lightning storms.. take a rainsuit....

Very Happy

Appreciate your advise. Umbrellas are SOP in bags and now ponchos too. I'm still in a limbo as how to pack. One hand I took out my parkas for the cold as night can get down to 5 degree celsius. On the other, shorts as easier and lighter for travelling plus easy to wash and dry and can be up to 22 degrees when the days are not raining.

I liked playing in Hong Kong and Shenzhen first week of November. Teed off 7:30am in shorts and drifits in freezing 15-18 degrees. Have never played 5 days with 2 tops 1 short and never gets wet. Best weather! The last time we played there also in November some years back we had to be evacuated from the course in the daily heavy downpour by vans.
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Wed Nov 18, 2009 7:05 pm

December will still be cold, especially in Wellington and CHCH, but veiws are awesome with the snow on the Alps. Every place is a photo oppotunity.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ   Today at 6:17 pm

Back to top Go down

Autographed Balls from Barclays and golfing in NZ
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1