Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:36 pm

Like to check if anyone has played at Tamarin Santana before? Will be in Batam for a short break at the end of the month and thinking of bringing my wife for her first 9 or 18-hole game. We'll probably be playing on Sunday late morning. Was considering between Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring.

Which one would you guys recommend. I've seen parts of Tamarin Santana from the ferry when it's docking, and the condition of the course seems quite bad.

Thanks
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 4:43 pm

navik wrote:
Like to check if anyone has played at Tamarin Santana before? Will be in Batam for a short break at the end of the month and thinking of bringing my wife for her first 9 or 18-hole game. We'll probably be playing on Sunday late morning. Was considering between Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring.

Which one would you guys recommend. I've seen parts of Tamarin Santana from the ferry when it's docking, and the condition of the course seems quite bad.

Thanks
Think tamarin is only 9 holes, not played there before as I normally play in palm spring with 3x09 holes to choose from.

I would recommend palm spring.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 5:10 pm

Palm Spring any day.  Friendly caddies and it's quiet on weekdays.
Back to top Go down
navik
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:37 pm

Thanks, I would prefer Palm Spring personally, just worried that might get chased when playing on Sunday (late morning) as it's the first time my wife is playing on a full course. Would also be playing with 2 other friends who are quite new to the game.
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 8:40 pm

navik wrote:
Thanks, I would prefer Palm Spring personally, just worried that might get chased when playing on Sunday (late morning) as it's the first time my wife is playing on a full course. Would also be playing with 2 other friends who are quite new to the game.

Just play on course with less people, inform the caddy. They can help.
Back to top Go down
weesern
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:53 pm

Palm Spring has good caddies, very quick in understanding your style... one of my favorite caddy is from Palm Spring.... he knows the distance well and what i will do/try... I would say 90% correct...
Back to top Go down
dyeosh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:12 pm

weesern wrote:
Palm Spring has good caddies, very quick in understanding your style... one of my favorite caddy is from Palm Spring.... he knows the distance well and what i will do/try... I would say 90% correct...

Yes agree, my favorite caddy is number 050. Very knowledgeable and knows course very very well.
Back to top Go down
ncwee
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:53 pm

Played at both when I stayed in Turi Beach. Both are very close, Tamarin Santana (9H) is only a buggy ride away and more like executive course.
Back to top Go down
d1g
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Fri Nov 29, 2013 8:04 am

Played Tamarin Santana a few months back, the course conditions were far from good, especially the greens. No driving range area to warm up. 

Green fee was quite low, but as others said is a 2x9 holes..
Back to top Go down
weaponx
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Fri Nov 29, 2013 9:32 am

i've only ever played there some years back... i think it depends on how proficient your wife is.. i have to agree that course condition is not ideal, but there is practically no one there, so as a beginner, she can take her time (and you yours) without feeling pressure from flight at the back..

another more important point, there wasn't any changing rooms the last time i was there, not sure if that has changed....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)   Today at 10:08 am

Back to top Go down

Tamarin Santana or Palm Spring (Batam)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1