Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Changing of Grip...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
marmarchen
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 67
Join date : 2012-09-23

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Wed Jul 09, 2014 10:49 pm

dreamwaters wrote:
Hi all, understanding this is a old thread...

I am using mcc.... For about a year already... How do I know if I am due to change.. As you know, at 1 side my good side is telling me they look ok, the evil side is telling me to try a new grip  lol!
Feeling bro! When the grip feels slippery better change. Dont make mistake like me.. when i started I didnt know how important the grip was. Bought a set of clubs, went range every week and didnt change for almost 2 years. I realized i my shots were getting worse and worse and finally someone told me me I was gripping too hard. Then it finally dawned upon me that I was losing distance because the grip was worn out and I had to compensate by gripping harder. Immediately went FESC change and i could feel so much more relax in my swing and shots went further and better. Truth is I am a Taylormade fan but the stock grips are the worst. last max 6 months so might as well change as soon as you buy!
Back to top Go down
Yz426
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 75
Join date : 2014-03-07
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:37 pm

marmarchen wrote:
dreamwaters wrote:
Hi all, understanding this is a old thread...

I am using mcc.... For about a year already... How do I know if I am due to change.. As you know, at 1 side my good side is telling me they look ok, the evil side is telling me to try a new grip  lol!
Feeling bro! When the grip feels slippery better change. Dont make mistake like me.. when i started I didnt know how important the grip was. Bought a set of clubs, went range every week and didnt change for almost 2 years. I realized i my shots were getting worse and worse and finally someone told me me I was gripping too hard. Then it finally dawned upon me that I was losing distance because the grip was worn out and I had to compensate by gripping harder. Immediately went FESC change and i could feel so much more relax in my swing and shots went further and better. Truth is I am a Taylormade fan but the stock grips are the worst. last max 6 months so might as well change as soon as you buy!

interesting.... coz I am using TM irons with stock grips... and I do feel I need to grip tight, coz i do feel afraid that the club might slip off after my swing....

Silly question:
Did u get bigger sized grips than the stock TM grips??
How do I know which size is good for me?
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Tue Mar 24, 2015 3:25 pm

as i read, MCC is ranging from ($15 -$1 if you doing replacement for more up to $19/$20).


anyone can advise how much should be the "reasonable rate" and where? 
in short good and reasonable

sorry for my silly questions. but i guess its beneficial for many silly people like myself here.

is it recommended to change woods/drivers/wedge as well?
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:47 pm

any kind souls?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Mar 26, 2015 2:58 pm

As an interest I change the grips myself, so there's no issue on the labour cost. It't 's quite easy to change actually.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:02 pm

haha i know nuts about it and i see that they uses some kind of adhesive tapes which i dont have. better leave it to the proshop peeps for my case.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:06 pm

Go watch YouTube. Plenty of instructions available.  Very Happy
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 435
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:56 pm

leoie wrote:
as i read, MCC is ranging from ($15 -$1 if you doing replacement for more up to $19/$20).


anyone can advise how much should be the "reasonable rate" and where? 
in short good and reasonable

sorry for my silly questions. but i guess its beneficial for many silly people like myself here.

is it recommended to change woods/drivers/wedge as well?
Try Octane Golf at Bukit Timah Plaza.
Mr. Ong does good work at fair prices.

I will suggest paying him a visit, but do call first, he may be out golfing at times.
Very friendly and humble guy, makes you feel at ease immediately.
Share with him any questions you may have, I am sure he can and will help.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:25 pm

DKing wrote:
leoie wrote:
as i read, MCC is ranging from ($15 -$1 if you doing replacement for more up to $19/$20).


anyone can advise how much should be the "reasonable rate" and where? 
in short good and reasonable

sorry for my silly questions. but i guess its beneficial for many silly people like myself here.

is it recommended to change woods/drivers/wedge as well?
Try Octane Golf at Bukit Timah Plaza.
Mr. Ong does good work at fair prices.

I will suggest paying him a visit, but do call first, he may be out golfing at times.
Very friendly and humble guy, makes you feel at ease immediately.
Share with him any questions you may have, I am sure he can and will help.

okay sounds good. shall try out. thanks man!
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 435
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:29 pm

1 Jalan Anak Bukit
#02-K22A
Bukit Timah Plaza
Singapore 588996


Tel: 67632300


It's tucked away in a corner, small outfit.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:29 am

DKing wrote:
1 Jalan Anak Bukit
#02-K22A
Bukit Timah Plaza
Singapore 588996


Tel: 67632300


It's tucked away in a corner, small outfit.

okay thanks man!
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Fri Mar 27, 2015 2:36 pm

just chatted with Mr Ong. Very very friendly uncle. Shall pay him a visit soon!
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Mon Mar 30, 2015 9:40 am

Dropped by Mr ong on saturday afternoon! truly humble guy who is not hesistant in sharing more. being a super noob on all these, he answered all my queries.. some dumb ones..


told him i wanted to change my putter grip to loudmouth he mention that he doesnt hold the stock for that so i said if i can buy online and get him to do it w labour charge, he says ya can but just go the shops and buy they usually includes installation.

sounds like he isnt that kind of pushy kind!

thanks Mr ong.
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 435
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Tue Mar 31, 2015 10:21 pm

leoie wrote:
Dropped by Mr ong on saturday afternoon! truly humble guy who is not hesistant in sharing more. being a super noob on all these, he answered all my queries.. some dumb ones..


told him i wanted to change my putter grip to loudmouth he mention that he doesnt hold the stock for that so i said if i can buy online and get him to do it w labour charge, he says ya can but just go the shops and buy they usually includes installation.

sounds like he isnt that kind of pushy kind!

thanks Mr ong.


He does good work too, will personally attend to all details and make sure you are satisfied, without any pressure from him.
He is retired by the way and you can tell it's passion that drives him.
Back to top Go down
leoie
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 93
Join date : 2013-01-06
Age : 34
Location : 榜鵝新镇

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:16 am

DKing wrote:
leoie wrote:
Dropped by Mr ong on saturday afternoon! truly humble guy who is not hesistant in sharing more. being a super noob on all these, he answered all my queries.. some dumb ones..


told him i wanted to change my putter grip to loudmouth he mention that he doesnt hold the stock for that so i said if i can buy online and get him to do it w labour charge, he says ya can but just go the shops and buy they usually includes installation.

sounds like he isnt that kind of pushy kind!

thanks Mr ong.


He does good work too, will personally attend to all details and make sure you are satisfied, without any pressure from him.
He is retired by the way and you can tell it's passion that drives him.

yupyup. no hard selling nth at all.
didnt know he is retired. more like enjoying life. told me he has a game these 2 weeks so ask me dont come down in case he is not around.
overall really v humble nice guy.
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Mon Jan 04, 2016 5:58 pm

Also considering grip change. Golf Pride Tour Velvet. New SLDR Wood / Driver similar design.

The dynamics ... 

Too many pattern, material and design. Can really feel ? When U sweat inside glove, it also slip, even if grip is tacky, relatively.

The moment downswing started, U can feel grip? Grip pressure typically increases sub-consciously, IMO.

Bare hand grip and no sweaty palm - other consideration.

Grip in fingers and palm - also affect.


The grip taper. The grip of the middle finger should be 2 inch from butt end. If feel "big" choke down further. Find the comfortable grip diameter and next time use it to correct grip size.

Asian spec SLDR driver and 3 W - grip diameter 0.9 inch measured 2" from butt end. Butt dia. 0.6"

TM RBZ Stage 2 iron - grip diameter 0.915 inch. KBZ C-taper steel shaft butt dia 0.537" measured just lower end of grip.

Glove size for me range #22 to #23 depend on brand and 'cut'

Based on hand size and middle finger length, grip size is standard 0.9 + 1/64" = 0.915 inch

For me, it is at least in the norms. 0.9 to 0.915.

The difficult size, under and above standard,  need skill to adjust. Tape wrap, grip dimensions, etc.

Vinc Golf $11
Wiz Golf @ Bukit Batok $12
Honshin @ Mandai  $10
MBCC $12
Bob Golf $12+

Golf Simply website price Tour Velvet at USD 4.99 x 1.6 = S$8 each + service range S$2 to S$3 each.





Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1170
Join date : 2012-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Mon Jan 04, 2016 7:36 pm

I heard Malek at Pandan gardens charges $10 for Golfpride tour velvet.
Back to top Go down
Golf Saint
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:57 pm

willytan wrote:
I heard Malek at Pandan gardens charges $10 for Golfpride tour velvet.

Hi willy,
Please let us know the address and contact telephone for this place. Also, is the fitting of the grip alright ? Because I'm not sure if cheap but whether workmanship is good? 

Thank you 
GS
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1170
Join date : 2012-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Tue Jan 05, 2016 6:13 am

Malek

200 Pandan garden #01-09, S609336
Hp- 9894 2629

Please call b4 going down. His shop is usually opened after 2pm.

My entire bag is serviced by him and I have no complaint.
Back to top Go down
Golf Saint
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 2
Join date : 2016-01-04

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Tue Jan 05, 2016 7:09 pm

willytan wrote:
Malek

200 Pandan garden #01-09, S609336
Hp- 9894 2629

Please call b4 going down. His shop is usually opened after 2pm.

My entire bag is serviced by him and I have no complaint.
Thank you very much. Will try to contact him.
Back to top Go down
judith
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 50
Join date : 2016-01-10

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:58 pm

wow interesting
Back to top Go down
A Senior
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 53
Join date : 2014-08-08

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:37 am

Brought my set of mixed clubs, old gen TM irons and hybrids and new gen wedges to Hoshin @ Mandai.
Request to have all clubs same grip diameter. Different core diameters, how to make all same grip diameter, he said.

Went to OCC. The price to change grip $16 each. ??? So ex.

Final visited Malek, thanks Willy, take a look...no problem. 

Price $10 each whether Tour Velvet or Tour Velvet Super Tack (launched in 2014 / 5). After 2 days, (replacement stock) my set of 9 clubs, Tour Velvet Super Tack, all same diameter 0.915 inch +/- little.



Back to top Go down
milkem
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 142
Join date : 2015-10-11

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 11:44 am

A Senior wrote:
Brought my set of mixed clubs, old gen TM irons and hybrids and new gen wedges to Hoshin @ Mandai.
Request to have all clubs same grip diameter. Different core diameters, how to make all same grip diameter, he said.

That is the mind boggling bit isn't it? The idea behind a similar grip diameter, and how to achieve it, is so simple but yet it's not commonly practiced even by experienced installers/fitters.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1170
Join date : 2012-12-29
Age : 40
Location : Central

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:52 pm

A Senior wrote:
Brought my set of mixed clubs, old gen TM irons and hybrids and new gen wedges to Hoshin @ Mandai.
Request to have all clubs same grip diameter. Different core diameters, how to make all same grip diameter, he said.

Went to OCC. The price to change grip $16 each. ??? So ex.

Final visited Malek, thanks Willy, take a look...no problem. 

Price $10 each whether Tour Velvet or Tour Velvet Super Tack (launched in 2014 / 5). After 2 days, (replacement stock) my set of 9 clubs, Tour Velvet Super Tack, all same diameter 0.915 inch +/- little.

Your welcome bro.

Most importantly u enjoyed his services.
Back to top Go down
moohaha
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 3
Join date : 2016-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Mon May 09, 2016 10:16 am

I got from Taobao the replicate and went to My Golf Shop to change it....
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Changing of Grip...   Today at 2:58 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Changing of Grip...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Similar topics
-
» changing putter grip
» Changing of Grip...
» Changing Scotty Cameron Grip
» Changing golf grips - DIY
» Where to change grip?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.