Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1128
Join date : 2011-12-28
Age : 35
Location : Out of bounds

PostSubject: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 pm

Hi guys,
 
anyone has a coach to recommend? I'm looking for one at Toa Payoh range / MBGC. Please pm me if you have personal experience (not hearsay) with a coach that helped you improve the accuracy of your approach shots
 
Thanks a lot!
Back to top Go down
loserjo
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 151
Join date : 2009-12-04

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Thu Jul 25, 2013 8:08 pm

I donno abt the feeling of approach shot till I met Marc Kawasoe of Phil Brew(NSRCC). Taught me abt controlling flight and spin of short game approach
Back to top Go down
samleecy
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 36
Join date : 2013-09-15

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Mon Nov 18, 2013 10:28 am

Hi ScottyCollector,

I could not PM you as I have yet to hit the limit to be able to do so.

Do have a look at Bill Fung (http://www.golfcentral.asia/bill-fung/). He coaches at Toa Payoh Driving Range. He is a former SICC coach with over 35 years of experiences. His rates are reasonable as he is treating it as a retirement job.

Cheers,
Sam Lee
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Mon Nov 18, 2013 2:34 pm

scottycollector wrote:
Hi guys,
 
anyone has a coach to recommend? I'm looking for one at Toa Payoh range / MBGC. Please pm me if you have personal experience (not hearsay) with a coach that helped you improve the accuracy of your approach shots
 
Thanks a lot!
I'm taking lessons from GL Tan at Toa Payoh.  Currently, working on pitching, chipping and putting only.

He was recommended to me by another golf coach Kamisan when they were both at Punggol.
Back to top Go down
scottycollector
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1128
Join date : 2011-12-28
Age : 35
Location : Out of bounds

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:33 pm

thanks for the response guys

Simoner, i'm also interested to get short game lessons. but how can it be done properly at the range? do u meet him somewhere else for your lessons?
Back to top Go down
yaozza07
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 277
Join date : 2012-04-14
Age : 30

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Mon Nov 18, 2013 3:54 pm

simoner wrote:
scottycollector wrote:
Hi guys,
 
anyone has a coach to recommend? I'm looking for one at Toa Payoh range / MBGC. Please pm me if you have personal experience (not hearsay) with a coach that helped you improve the accuracy of your approach shots
 
Thanks a lot!
I'm taking lessons from GL Tan at Toa Payoh.  Currently, working on pitching, chipping and putting only.

He was recommended to me by another golf coach Kamisan when they were both at Punggol.
I know GL Tan personally, din know he is in Singapore now, tot he is based in RJCC?
He used to be the Malaysian national golf coach.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:31 pm

yaozza07 wrote:
simoner wrote:
scottycollector wrote:
Hi guys,
 
anyone has a coach to recommend? I'm looking for one at Toa Payoh range / MBGC. Please pm me if you have personal experience (not hearsay) with a coach that helped you improve the accuracy of your approach shots
 
Thanks a lot!
I'm taking lessons from GL Tan at Toa Payoh.  Currently, working on pitching, chipping and putting only.

He was recommended to me by another golf coach Kamisan when they were both at Punggol.
I know GL Tan personally, din know he is in Singapore now, tot he is based in RJCC?
He used to be the Malaysian national golf coach.
Yup, that's the same GL who was the Malaysia National Coach.

He's teaching in RJCC in the morning and in Toa Payoh after 6pm.
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Mon Nov 18, 2013 4:34 pm

scottycollector wrote:
thanks for the response guys

Simoner, i'm also interested to get short game lessons. but how can it be done properly at the range? do u meet him somewhere else for your lessons?
Scotty
The way that GL teaches, it's ok to do it in Toa Payoh.  There's also a chip and putt area where he teaches me chipping and putting.  

Occasionally, I'll arrange for 9-hole lessons with him in JB to review what I was taught.

Give him a call and talk to him - it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Mon Nov 18, 2013 9:38 pm

simoner wrote:
scottycollector wrote:
thanks for the response guys

Simoner, i'm also interested to get short game lessons. but how can it be done properly at the range? do u meet him somewhere else for your lessons?
Scotty
The way that GL teaches, it's ok to do it in Toa Payoh.  There's also a chip and putt area where he teaches me chipping and putting.  

Occasionally, I'll arrange for 9-hole lessons with him in JB to review what I was taught.

Give him a call and talk to him - it's worth it.
Yes....GL is gd. Wink
Fyi, he s a Asia Tour pro player once n lots of field experiences.Cool
Findg out directly fm him will b the right approach, Luke bro.Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots   Today at 2:02 am

Back to top Go down
 
Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Recommendation for coach at Toa Payoh / MBGC - approach shots
» Recommendation of Coach at Fairway Club ?
» Looking for recommendation for coach
» QUERY on improving accuracy of Approach shots
» Re: Should I take intermediate lessons after my PC test? Any recommendation for coach?

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: Golf Academy :: Ask The Pro-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.