Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:29 am

So, you pretended to be John Daly at the on the course? You wanted to release all the pent up stress at work? You thought you could send the ball 500m down the fairway? And... what happened? You punished your own club!

For those who have broken your clubs in the course of play, unintentional or otherwise, stand up and be counted Smile

(No. Name - club - location) (add a story if you'd like)
1. Technospaz - 7i - driving range

My club had a rusty shaft. Honest. Anyway, it went flying down the middle of the range. Had to get the range guys to sound the siren for a stop-play-request. Walked down to the range and had to spend some time looking for the club head. Found it, fortunately. And took the walk back to the bay. All this while the golfers just stood there and chuckled. Oh well...

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:06 am

1. Technospaz - 7i - driving range - rusty shaft, shaft broke.
2. mUAr_cHEe - 4i - keppel driving range - graphite shaft, shaft broke after a clean shot.
3. G_Man aka the RAGE - Driver - Warren Hole 18 - He did a TIGER and shaft broke in 3.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:07 am

I didn't want to say anything about the Rage... for some reason or other, I am petrified of him Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:12 am

i have guys coming in with bent putters....of course they get a earful from me before i change the shaft or bend the putters back for them.

the Rage...he is something else. The game in Bangkok last month will probably be the last with him unless he leave his driver at home.

JL i thot you more petritfied with MC than the Rage.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:21 am

i have given my word to him that i have changed.

mervyntan can testify to that.

and mervyntan can also testify to something else.

u r right. i do not throw temper when i play with my mum. Razz
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:24 am

DGman wrote:
i have guys coming in with bent putters....of course they get a earful from me before i change the shaft or bend the putters back for them.

the Rage...he is something else. The game in Bangkok last month will probably be the last with him unless he leave his driver at home.

JL i thot you more petritfied with MC than the Rage.

DGman

I think I'm more petrified of the Rage than MC. But, both scare me. I'm going to have nightmares tonight.

Back to top Go down
watermyforrest
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:45 am

2. mUAr_cHEe - 4i - keppel driving range - graphite shaft, shaft broke after a clean shot.
3. G_Man aka the RAGE - Driver - Warren Hole 18 - He did a TIGER and shaft broke in 3.
4. Watermyforrest - 7i - OCC Driving range - Broke a rented graphite shaft iron (forgot to bring my club and rented one from the golf shop - didn't notice whether it was rusty or not)
Back to top Go down
rangereye
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:57 am

4. Watermyforrest - 7i - OCC Driving range - Broke a rented graphite shaft iron (forgot to bring my club and rented one from the golf shop - didn't notice whether it was rusty or not)
5. Rangereye - Driver - CDANs Driving Range - Graphite shaft broke after a clean shot and Driver head bounced and rolled into water.. Pro has to help get it back subsequently..
Back to top Go down
http://www.wizgolf.com.sg
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:07 pm

I broke 2 5 woods at Bishan range. Both were graphite shafts. The first 5 wood came off after I hit a shot. No idea why. I told the range wardens about the incident and they called me back the next day after they found it.

The 2nd one had fraying paintwork on the shaft. I thought it was alright but after 3 shots it came right off. This one, I just left it there.

Both clubs were bought from CashConverters. Hahahaha....

5. Rangereye - Driver - CDANs Driving Range - Graphite shaft broke after a clean shot and Driver head bounced and rolled into water.. Pro has to help get it back subsequently..
6. Rocky - 2x 5 wood
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:16 pm

Cash converters? Cool Smile So, you're now a clubcoverter? Converted into shaft-alone Smile

Back to top Go down
rocky
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:54 pm

Oh yeah! And one of them 5 woods was newly regripped. I asked Jeff to remove the grip and threw away the shaft.

Now there's only the grip left! Talk about conversion! Hahahahaha...
Back to top Go down
Victor3112
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Fri Nov 20, 2009 11:44 pm

I broke my 5wood and 3i separately at Queenstown range. I was at the middle bay upper deck. The head flew 60m to the left. The admin refused to retrieve it until the next day. Broke the new 3i almost the same place there but that the head hit the carpet, bounced off and fell down stair, 10m away. So pissed off and didn't bother to check if I dug up piece of the carpet. Manage to grab it back myself, pretending nobody saw me.

6. Rocky - 2x 5 wood
7. Victor - 5 wood, 3i
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:50 am

6. Rocky - 2x 5 wood
7. Victor - 5 wood, 3i
8. Birdman - 3 wood - on the course - persimmon head split in two on contact with the ball. Long long time ago when woods were really woods. Man those things sure didn't last long.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Sat Nov 21, 2009 7:44 am

6. Rocky - 2x 5 wood
7. Victor - 5 wood, 3i
8. Birdman - 3 wood - on the course - persimmon head split in two on contact with the ball. Long long time ago when woods were really woods. Man those things sure didn't last long.
9. KT - 3 wood, graphite. Atsugi Japan, close to small sapling tree, announced to my mate, Somethings going to break on this swing, either the tree or the club......Tree 1 - Club 0!

Last edited by Kopi Towkay on Sat Nov 21, 2009 10:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lemmein
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Sat Nov 21, 2009 9:30 am

Subject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous Today at 7:44 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Rocky - 2x 5 wood
7. Victor - 5 wood, 3i
9. KT - 3 wood, graphite. Atsugi Japan, close to small sampling tree, announced to my mate, Somethings going to break on this swing, either the tree or the club......Tree 1 - Club 0!
10. Lemmein - Driver head flew about 85m down range but I've been told it may have more to do with my clubhead speed and usage of a weak stock shaft that contributed to the event.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Sat Nov 21, 2009 11:59 am

Woot... we should have a regular meeting and t-shirts! Oh, we need t-shirts!! Smile

Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:15 am

Subject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous Today at 7:44 am

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

6. Rocky - 2x 5 wood
7. Victor - 5 wood, 3i
9. KT - 3 wood, graphite. Atsugi Japan, close to small sampling tree, announced to my mate, Somethings going to break on this swing, either the tree or the club......Tree 1 - Club 0!
10. Lemmein - Driver head flew about 85m down range but I've been told it may have more to do with my clubhead speed and usage of a weak stock shaft that contributed to the event.
11. Nutty - 8i head fitted with NSPRO flew 40m after a clean shot at Warren. Also broke a Ping i3 6i graphite shaft at the range.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous   Today at 8:45 pm

Back to top Go down

Club-Breakers Not-So-Anonymous
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1