Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 How to build an intimidating bag

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:19 pm

ya.. tons of golfers lost money to a group of golfers who plays regularly there in those days....  Used old looking bags, clubs rusty and old....... then when the bets came...... affraid
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:24 pm

blee wrote:
ya.. tons of golfers lost money to a group of golfers who plays regularly there in those days....  Used old looking bags, clubs rusty and old....... then when the bets came...... affraid

sorry.... i dun know them at all

they now at OCC izzet???!!!

What a Face
Back to top Go down
blee67
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5410
Join date : 2009-12-05
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:06 pm

slinger wrote:
blee wrote:
ya.. tons of golfers lost money to a group of golfers who plays regularly there in those days....  Used old looking bags, clubs rusty and old....... then when the bets came...... affraid

sorry.... i dun know them at all

they now at OCC izzet???!!!

What a Face

 Nope, last heard they now in NSRCC Kranji... Razz
Back to top Go down
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:07 pm

blee wrote:
Slinger, by any chances you play regularly at both the old warren and new warren club? Suspect

 I have played since young at old Warren at Folkstone and now Member at Warren.

I must say I have seen it all. All of the God of Gamblers on greens and fairways. Pretty scary their mafia rules.

But hell they are clutch players. Putting under pressure is a skill that has to be acquired after many years of practice.

Many broken sand rakes and 7 irons!
Back to top Go down
OBMeister
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-07-08
Location : Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:19 pm

undefined wrote:

I must say I have seen it all. All of the God of Gamblers on greens and fairways. Pretty scary their mafia rules.

Wow... old Warren Folkestone Road memories for me when i saw this. A Warren junior myself back in the early 90s and I have vivid memories of a particular group of uncle golfers "settling" after a round... Cheque written excluding cash was for a payment of $14k... Shocked
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:27 pm

jamezponk wrote:
blee wrote:
Slinger, by any chances you play regularly at both the old warren and new warren club? Suspect

 I have played since young at old Warren at Folkstone and now Member at Warren.

I must say I have seen it all. All of the God of Gamblers on greens and fairways. Pretty scary their mafia rules.

But hell they are clutch players. Putting under pressure is a skill that has to be acquired after many years of practice.

Many broken sand rakes and 7 irons!

Brudder, pls dun invite me to Warren hor...Wink
U ve learned n i m worry tat i ll b the one who ll soon break the bunker rake n my irons lor...Laughing
Back to top Go down
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:26 pm

OBMeister wrote:
undefined wrote:

I must say I have seen it all. All of the God of Gamblers on greens and fairways. Pretty scary their mafia rules.

Wow... old Warren Folkestone Road memories for me when i saw this. A Warren junior myself back in the early 90s and I have vivid memories of a particular group of uncle golfers "settling" after a round... Cheque written excluding cash was for a payment of $14k... Shocked

 Haha. we will be able to tell who won or lost judging from their faces at the golfers' terrace.

That aside, do i know you??
Back to top Go down
jamezponk
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 405
Join date : 2011-05-04

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:28 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
jamezponk wrote:
blee wrote:
Slinger, by any chances you play regularly at both the old warren and new warren club? Suspect

 I have played since young at old Warren at Folkstone and now Member at Warren.

I must say I have seen it all. All of the God of Gamblers on greens and fairways. Pretty scary their mafia rules.

But hell they are clutch players. Putting under pressure is a skill that has to be acquired after many years of practice.

Many broken sand rakes and 7 irons!

Brudder, pls dun invite me to Warren hor...Wink
U ve learned n i m worry tat i ll b the one who ll soon break the bunker rake n my irons lor...Laughing

the way you are playing now, I should help you rake bunkers.
I have had ZERO practice man.. Miss golf affraid
Back to top Go down
kamen
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 470
Join date : 2012-12-18
Location : In your heart, Babe.

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:54 pm

Some really satki bags out there... Sigh, mine's just a garang guni bag. Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/spcasingapore
OBMeister
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 12
Join date : 2013-07-08
Location : Tokyo

PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:55 pm

jamezponk wrote:
OBMeister wrote:
undefined wrote:

I must say I have seen it all. All of the God of Gamblers on greens and fairways. Pretty scary their mafia rules.

Wow... old Warren Folkestone Road memories for me when i saw this. A Warren junior myself back in the early 90s and I have vivid memories of a particular group of uncle golfers "settling" after a round... Cheque written excluding cash was for a payment of $14k... Shocked

 Haha. we will be able to tell who won or lost judging from their faces at the golfers' terrace.

That aside, do i know you??

Exactly... their faces would show it all.  

Maybe... i am Andy... you are?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: How to build an intimidating bag   Today at 2:04 pm

Back to top Go down
 
How to build an intimidating bag
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» How to build an intimidating bag
» rethinking 4ac build
» My Introduction/History. AE86/Ka86 Build
» TRD AE86 N2 Race Car Project build log
» My first mustang build

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.