Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 4:12 pm

with no intention to cheat.. (friends of their bets) or at tournaments....

Looking for something for us folks who just wants to make the game easier.. Kindly share what you know that would help beginners and season beginners to enjoy the game better..

we know of hand wedge and feet wedge..  Smile( no need to say)

I am looking at stuff like Zip grooves on the CG14.. oversized Driver heads.. (490CC maybe?)
there is also those UFO looking sand wedges... etc..

kindly share your thoughts... photos are welcome!
cheers
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 5:06 pm

490cc driver? U serious??
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:10 pm

If the golf hole was cut with a diameter of 2-3 feet that would help my game immensely.

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 6:14 pm

My hand wedge.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 8:47 pm

chippers are a great idea. you know the putter like clubs with pitching wedge loft.  but dont rish out to buy one yet. hybrids or 7 woods work fantastic too
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:21 pm

haragolfer wrote:
chippers are a great idea. you know the putter like clubs with pitching wedge loft.  but dont rish out to buy one yet. hybrids or 7 woods work fantastic too

My friend has got one of these and it is his money club... I always call it the "cheater" instead of the chipper... Haha
Back to top Go down
devil_wq
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:23 pm

devil_wq wrote:
haragolfer wrote:

My friend has got one of these and it is his money club... I always call it the "cheater" instead of the chipper... Haha

But I think they are conforming right?
Back to top Go down
mrkatsucurry
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 9:24 pm

Eraser.
Back to top Go down
nrafee
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:07 pm

Chippers with round grips are conforming.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 10:39 pm

Technospaz wrote:
My hand wedge.
I like this one, never fail......
Back to top Go down
skybobo
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Wed Aug 07, 2013 11:03 pm

http://www.amazon.com/Non-Conforming-Japan-White-Illegal-Driver/dp/B00988NNO0

not sure whether this will help me drive further
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:04 am

peter.golfer wrote:
490cc driver? U serious??

Bro...you are not serious being surprised by 490cc are you ????? This one was in the market since I started playing golf 8-9 years ago

http://www.banggolf.com/prodgroup.asp?id=W600

They nick named it *Watermelon*

Go get one Superman 

titu
Back to top Go down
peter.golfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:21 am

I thought 460 is the biggest, wow! I m shocked. 600cc
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:44 am

Personally, if for social and friendly games I think it's ok. But if there are bets involved, I think it gives the golfer using the NC equipment an unfair advantage over his/her friends.

Would you feel good taking your friend's money knowing that you won the bets with the NC equipment.Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:09 am

TDO wrote:
Personally, if for social and friendly games I think it's ok. But if there are bets involved, I think it gives the golfer using the NC equipment an unfair advantage over his/her friends.

Would you feel good taking your friend's money knowing that you won the bets with the NC equipment.Rolling Eyes
Yes....last month met this guy who quitted golf and then come back to play again recently. His kaki told me, so many holes he was outdriven by a lot of distance and he did not believe it, so after the game, he check his driver and found to be non conforming......he felt...........anyway he told me, heng no bet played.
Back to top Go down
Tituman
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Thu Aug 08, 2013 11:14 am

TDO wrote:

Fred honestly how much further do you think you can drive a non-conforming head against a conforming one? If you are a single handicapper, maybe you can add another 10-20m max??? If you are a social golfer, I can tell you you will achieved not more than 5-10m that is on a good sweet hit. Otherwise it is just another off the mill driver. I know because I tried them before. So don't get sold on the description "non-conforming". Believe me, Its just another marketing ploy.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Thu Aug 08, 2013 12:24 pm

Fred honestly how much further do you think you can drive a non-conforming head against a conforming one? If you are a single handicapper, maybe you can add another 10-20m max??? If you are a social golfer, I can tell you you will achieved not more than 5-10m that is on a good sweet hit. Otherwise it is just another off the mill driver. I know because I tried them before. So don't get sold on the description "non-conforming". Believe me, Its just another marketing ploy.

David, good to hear from you again.

Actually, when you are using a NC driver, the longer distance sets you up for a shorter iron, which technically, is an easier club to hit compared to a mid or long iron.Swing 

So when's our next game? Have not played with you in a long while. At the moment I sprained my waist (recovering now) and 2 days ago (while still recovering from my sprained waist) I sprained my shoulder blades.

These 2 sprains are not from golf but from overstretching exercises at home. Haiz... Age is catching up pretty fast on me now.Sad 
Back to top Go down
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Fri Aug 09, 2013 8:37 am

for us, we cant really tell if non conforming is any better compared to conforming clubs. and it doesnt add distance also. people are saying that non confirming drivers can add more distance, non conforming wedge is sharper etc, all those bullcrap, dont buy it, its marketing. they want to promote the brands/models so they can sell. if they cant sell, it makes the non conforming model a "failed product".
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:52 am

Personally, I will not use a NC club or ball. It defeats the nature of this gentleman's game.Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...   Today at 4:24 am

Back to top Go down

Non Conforming Equipment - which helps your game...
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1