Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:45 pm

DGman wrote:
the TMU will be conducted in Singapore on the 15 and 16 of October at JCC with the support of Heartland Golf who have generously offered their premises for the workshop and course. many of the young professional coaches in Singapore have already inked their names to attend (including some friends from Indonesia). hopefully i will remember to take some pictures for the event....Twisted Evil so do not take nap in class.
need help with photography? =P
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:53 pm

Those 3 tips kept playing in my mind.....though it was not meant for me, knowing my FSS.

Still, the itchiness was too much to bear and OCC was where I ended up eventually this afternoon.

Bearing in mind the tips, I did the setup and found it very discomforting; having to stand so 'far' away from the ball and feeling as if 'reaching' out to hit the ball. 

After a few hits, the swing became easier and manageable. And eventually the result as follow; about striking 30 balls.




The strikes at the bottom of driver were mainly the initial ones. After a few more shots, most of them landed in the zone.

Hmm.....looks like those tips can work for FSS swing like mine!
hahahahaha......
Back to top Go down
Ssquirrel
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1368
Join date : 2009-06-19

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Sep 16, 2013 3:19 pm

asahi wrote:
Those 3 tips kept playing in my mind.....though it was not meant for me, knowing my FSS.

Still, the itchiness was too much to bear and OCC was where I ended up eventually this afternoon.

Bearing in mind the tips, I did the setup and found it very discomforting; having to stand so 'far' away from the ball and feeling as if 'reaching' out to hit the ball. 

After a few hits, the swing became easier and manageable. And eventually the result as follow; about striking 30 balls.




The strikes at the bottom of driver were mainly the initial ones. After a few more shots, most of them landed in the zone.

Hmm.....looks like those tips can work for FSS swing like mine!
hahahahaha......
Swee liao lah bro! Give me 3-3....albino
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:09 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
asahi wrote:
Those 3 tips kept playing in my mind.....though it was not meant for me, knowing my FSS.

Still, the itchiness was too much to bear and OCC was where I ended up eventually this afternoon.

Bearing in mind the tips, I did the setup and found it very discomforting; having to stand so 'far' away from the ball and feeling as if 'reaching' out to hit the ball. 

After a few hits, the swing became easier and manageable. And eventually the result as follow; about striking 30 balls.




The strikes at the bottom of driver were mainly the initial ones. After a few more shots, most of them landed in the zone.

Hmm.....looks like those tips can work for FSS swing like mine!
hahahahaha......
Swee liao lah bro! Give me 3-3....albino
Nbz.....where got Grandmaster ask for strokes one!?

Razz
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:17 pm

Ssquirrel wrote:
Swee liao lah bro! Give me 3-3....albino
3-3 where got enough??
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Wed Sep 18, 2013 6:18 pm

DGman wrote:
Ssquirrel wrote:
Swee liao lah bro! Give me 3-3....albino
3-3 where got enough??
Hiaz.....please lah boss.....he gives me 3-3, I also die jialat jialat.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:27 pm

finally up on TMU website.

for signups, please go to:

TMU Singapore signups

we would also like to thank Heartland Golf and especially Chris Halloway for stepping up and offering their driving range facilities and classroom.

for more details, you can PM me or post on this thread.

cheers....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Oct 21, 2013 9:28 pm

i am really glad that we play a small part in getting the TMU to Singapore. it attracted a great turnout and i am glad those who attended end up with gaining more information about how it will help any player from a coaching and fitting perspective. also i would like to thank Birdman for the media coverage in a leading golf magazine soon.

so here are the visuals, you may find your coach and fitter amongst the mix. photos courtesy of GRian zhikang....



you guys know who is the handsome man in pink......












i am sure this first event will not be the last...

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Yarra
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1043
Join date : 2010-03-01

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Tue Oct 22, 2013 12:35 am

Big thanks to Dgman for organizing this event.  It was a great education for all of us, fitter and teacher alike.  Also maybe for some golfer, too.  Very informative and some of the information are eye-opening at best.

Many thanks to Chris too, for letting us use the facility and for the great BBQ.  And of course, to Tom!
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:54 am

the guy who keeps appearing in the lime green strip T is our dear friend from Jakarta..Iskandar aka Yarra...Smile

i am sure those who frequently go and play golf with the gang in Jakarta knows Is and William well....
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-16
Age : 30
Location : Batam, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:43 pm

Paragraph 9, 10, 11 in the following article to add to your Monday Blue's digest Smile

http://www.golfwrx.com/89845/the-quest-for-300-how-to-bomb-your-driver-part-2/

Have a great week ahead peeps Smile
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Nov 11, 2013 9:24 pm

i would like to congratulate Justin Han for having the guts to fork out USD$30 ++K to buy a Trackman IIIe for teaching. it shows that he is investing in the right equipment to make sure his students gets the best in class. he is also the first independent coach to own a Trackman IIIe, there are only two of these babies in Singapore.

for those who knows Justin, you will also know that he has a Flightscope but his choice and investment in Trackman just goes to show his commitment to the future and for the better of his students. 

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
musashi75
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 72
Join date : 2011-03-12

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Nov 11, 2013 10:00 pm

I only met Justin today but he impressed me as a very dedicated golf instructor. Though I'm not his student, he was kind enough to analyze my swing through the Trackman numbers, give me tips and even demonstrate what he wanted me to try. Really appreciate his kindness and his passion for teaching.
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:22 pm



Superb analogy with aeroplane. I totally understand.

Hope it helps some other forummers here.
Back to top Go down
cactuzone
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 145
Join date : 2013-05-14
Location : Northeast

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:00 pm

Yes! Thanks Nam Flog.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sat Mar 15, 2014 3:53 pm

DGman wrote:
i would like to congratulate Justin Han for having the guts to fork out USD$30 ++K to buy a Trackman IIIe for teaching. it shows that he is investing in the right equipment to make sure his students gets the best in class. he is also the first independent coach to own a Trackman IIIe, there are only two of these babies in Singapore.

for those who knows Justin, you will also know that he has a Flightscope but his choice and investment in Trackman just goes to show his commitment to the future and for the better of his students. 

DGman

Justin's use of the Trackman has helped me a lot in my lessons.....in understanding my striking, impact and ball flight. 

Ultimately leading to better ball striking. 

Thanks dude!
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:06 am

asahi wrote:
Justin's use of the Trackman has helped me a lot in my lessons.....in understanding my striking, impact and ball flight. 

Ultimately leading to better ball striking. 

Thanks dude!

I guess once you understand the figures, it really allows you to think about the mechanics of your swing and hence improve striking and consistency. I had the privilege of attending TMU as a helper to DGman and the organiser and even as a relative beginner to the game I managed to learn so much and translate that into an improved swing even without a formal coach (hehe go BFG hit a few balls during super off-peak and test test).

Had a chance to get to know Justin during the workshop as well and he really wants the best for all his students. Plus he's one of the most qualified people in Singapore for Trackman usage so.... Kudos to you bro!
Back to top Go down
aquaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 394
Join date : 2011-07-07
Age : 41
Location : https://www.facebook.com/andy.hk.quah

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sun Mar 16, 2014 9:49 am

I've enjoyed lessons from Justin, will plan to attend the his April Trackman sessions.
Back to top Go down
jhan18
Playing Professional
Playing Professional


Posts : 620
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 28
Location : Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Sun Mar 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Thanks everyone for your kind words. It's been a pretty enricing and amazing journey since learning about Trackman and then finally purchasing one last Nov. I Look forward to sharing with more Grians going forward!

Cheers
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Mon Mar 17, 2014 9:42 am

when we first introduce the program to Singapore, there were a lot of resistance. now most of the pros, local and especially the foreign coaches are all for the learning system. They all believe in one system and will not even consider the other alternative solution FS.

we hope to bring one more soon and get more SPGA coaches to attend....just a matter of finding the right time. 

all said and done, its tough to foot out at least US$25 for a basic configuration. so far we know of 4 units of TM IIIe in Sg....one with Justin, Tim at SICC has one, Kim at Seletar has one and of course one at BFG.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)   Today at 7:15 am

Back to top Go down
 
The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» The D-plane. A club fitter and coaching perspective (an invitation to attend TMU)
» One amazing club fitter
» Club Fitter
» Club Fitter or Mizuno Fitter
» Tradehub 21 club fitter

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.