Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in
Share | 

Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
iuh
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf    Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:43 am

Great video.. 

Thank you for sharing!
Back to top Go down
TLHENG
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf    Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:25 am

Nice to see a ceo going to the ground and see for himself what's actually going on.  Seldom do you see  the ceo of a UD$1.2B annual turnover co. doing that.  Wonder whether our Temasek Holding CEO does that.

Whether he knows the technical details of the products is not key to the ceo.  He is able to grow the business and that's what share holders expect and demand from him.  Whether white or black cat, the one that catches the mouse is a good cat!  TM's competitor whether direct or indirect will obviously has negative opinion of them.  Tell me which other mass market brand spine their shaft?
Back to top Go down
ralphlim
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf    Wed Sep 11, 2013 11:37 am

I am a big fan of the Undercover Boss series, for those who are similar fans, there are similar versions called Undercover Boss UK and Undercover Boss Canada and also Undercover Boss Australia, showed on BBC channel on Starhub

For the US version, it gives insights into various American companies, minimum wage and seeing the CEOs fly in their private jets to their off-site locations, then stay at doggy budget motels/hotel 181s are really starking funny, not to mentioned the fake disguises etc

if you want this series long enough, you also realize that the producers always manage to get some sob story employee and long serving, and then the CEOs gives a big bunch of goodies, $$ and everything seems better. It is indeed Marketing and trying to lift the US economy. But it also portrays the virtues of hard-work, loyalty, humility etc

for this TM episode, does anyone know what happen to the Tour rep Jarred? did he make it to Web Tour or even PGA after a 2yrs free TM sponsorship?
Back to top Go down
ruebenlim
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf    Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:48 pm

Jarryd Lentz has yet to use his TM scholarship.  He is still studying in University of Central Florida.

Probably will see him in the coming years on web tour first.

http://www.middletownjournal.com/news/news/local/fenwick-grad-impresses-his-undercover-boss/nNfmN/
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf    Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:35 pm

After watching this, I gotten a 2nd hand RBZ hybrid.....damm touched.

Now, all I hope is Phil Knight don go and do the same....coz other than the 1st gen CPR which I have for donkey years, I don think I want any other Nike stuff in my bag.
Back to top Go down
N5X
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf    Thu Sep 12, 2013 1:21 am

Great share!! Enjoyed watching it.

Thanks.
Back to top Go down

Undercover Boss USA - TaylorMade Golf

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2