Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Handicap index

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Handicap index    Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:04 pm

Current HC maintain with MGK. 

Have not been playing for a good 6 months until today with bro wily. Log into MGK today to submit scorecard and was shock my index drop from 20.6 to 19.8?! 

Any bros/sista having this issue?
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:17 pm

onime wrote:

Have not been playing for a good 6 months until today with bro wily. Log into MGK today to submit scorecard and was shock my index drop from 20.6 to 19.8?! 

Because you never submit????
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:33 pm

If u didnt submit any scorecard over a period of time (cant remember howany months), your handicap will be automatically cut.
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Wed Sep 25, 2013 8:35 pm

onime wrote:

James,

Thks for having me on the green. 
Really great having a fellow GRian playing together n sharing tips.
Back to top Go down
onime
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Wed Sep 25, 2013 9:33 pm

nutty88 wrote:
If u didnt submit any scorecard over a period of time (cant remember howany months), your handicap will be automatically cut.
Oic..
Back to top Go down
Red8
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:13 am

Lollll! One day we'll all be scratch players! Wink
Back to top Go down
Tiramisu
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:21 pm

Is it penalty? U heard tt if u didnt submit score card can get an auto hc cut as penalty
Back to top Go down
Quest
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:32 pm

If I remember correctly, the index will drop as the assumption is that the player would improve over a period of time.
Back to top Go down
Rafj
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:26 am

Tiramisu wrote:
Is it penalty? U heard tt if u didnt submit score card can get an auto hc cut as penalty
As far as I know, the club assumes that you have played a score of -6 for every scorecard you fail to submit. I believe the SGA currently has a linked system amongst all the clubs in SG. You hcp will not be 'cut' if you have not played a single game over a prolonged period of time. I had to lay off golf for a year in 2012 and my hcp remained the same when I resumed recently in 2013.

Anyway, here's what's lifted off the SGA website:

PENALTY SCORES

1. If a player fails to post an acceptable score within thirteen days after completion of the round, a penalty score equal to the lowest or highest Handicap Differential in the player’s scoring record will be posted on the fourteenth day.

1.  In order to avoid a penalty score after playing a round when a score is not acceptable for handicapping purposes e.g., number of holes completed is 6 or fewer holes; a player should post the round marked as USH (Unacceptable Score for Handicapping).

1.  In the event of weather disruptions for the day (split into morning and afternoon sessions), SGA Ordinary Members are to void all data for that period and penalty scores will not be applied if players do not submit a score.  However, if players submit their scores, these will be accepted.  For standardization purposes, weather disruptions mean any suspension of play due to weather during that period, regardless of the duration of suspension of play. 

1.  The penalty score for 9 hole scores not returned will be the lowest 18 hole Handicap Differential in the player’s scoring record. 

1.  Penalty scores will not be posted for players with fewer than 5 scores.  Such players must post the 5 required scores to earn their Handicap Index.

ACCUMULATION OF EXCESSIVE PENALTY SCORES

1.  To assist the Handicap Committee track players’ accumulation of excessive penalty scores, “Excessive P Scores” will be added in the remarks column whenever players’ penalty scores comprise 30% or more of his total scoring records.  The remark will be removed when it drops below 30%.  This will be done during the monthly handicap revision date.  

1.  SGA Ordinary/Associate Members may impose disincentives they deem fit to such players to encourage them to submit scores after playing a round. 

Hope this helps clear some doubts.....

Cheers

Back to top Go down
jkgolf
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:00 pm

Never play and submit still can drop? Really strange. Usually it takes the average of your ssubmitted scores. ...
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:07 pm

"Have not been playing for a good 6 months until today with bro wily. Log into MGK today to submit scorecard and was shock my index drop from 20.6 to 19.8."

How come get shocked about a deduction of only less than 1 stroke. Cannot understand. But don't be too serious leh. If you are only playing social golf don't be overly concerned.scratch 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Handicap index    Today at 8:28 am

Back to top Go down

Handicap index
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1