Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Short Driver

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 414
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:32 am

Hi Guys,

Anyone of you play with a driver shorter than 45 inch with success?
I was playing around with my driver surefit technology last week, attached a 4 wood shaft into my driver head and the result is a very light swing weight but much more accurate drive. The distance loss is acceptable & I'm thinking of cutting down my driver to probably 44 inch. Any fitter to recommend for this change?
Back to top Go down
sob
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 914
Join date : 2010-01-12

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:56 am

Bro

choke down can work or not?

Rather than cut oredi later don't like still got 45" leh
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 414
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 pm

Thinking of that also … But I dun like the butt end sticking out too much … lol
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:13 pm

me! been choking down 2 inches for last 5 years.  no distance loss.  I have a prgr cut down to 43.5 inch.  very good also.  I feel like I can go at it
Back to top Go down
madmaru
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 263
Join date : 2011-10-08
Age : 43

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:28 pm

shorter clubs has smaller dispersion ???
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 414
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:33 pm

haragolfer wrote:
me! been choking down 2 inches for last 5 years.  no distance loss.  I have a prgr cut down to 43.5 inch.  very good also.  I feel like I can go at it
Bro … do u prefer to choke down or cut?
Back to top Go down
yanhaotiong
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 217
Join date : 2010-03-16
Location : East

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:18 pm

I play a 44.5" driver. Easier to hit, straighter and still goes as far. I used a very tip heavy shaft so my swingweight is still D4.
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 814
Join date : 2010-03-03

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 1:43 pm

Pizzaman wrote:
Hi Guys,

Anyone of you play with a driver shorter than 45 inch with success?
I was playing around with my driver surefit technology last week, attached a 4 wood shaft into my driver head and the result is a very light swing weight but much more accurate drive. The distance loss is acceptable & I'm thinking of cutting down my driver to probably 44 inch. Any fitter to recommend for this change?
Yes! should follow Anthony Kim he choked down on his driver
and he hit awesome distance! Don't cut driver shaft next time you want to sell got big problem, nobody wants it!
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:37 pm

I wonder if it's true that shorter driver shaft is easier to handle.Smile
Back to top Go down
DLWL
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 608
Join date : 2012-01-21
Age : 31

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 2:53 pm

I got a Proforce V2 shaft at 44.75. Used a 7S. So the static weight is similar to a longer shaft but swing weight is lower.

Gg for sale at 75 if anyone keen to try
Haha
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 3:08 pm

Pizzaman wrote:
haragolfer wrote:
me! been choking down 2 inches for last 5 years.  no distance loss.  I have a prgr cut down to 43.5 inch.  very good also.  I feel like I can go at it
Bro … do u prefer to choke down or cut?
choke down.  feels like counter balanced
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 414
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:37 pm

Noted from some website that the average PGA driver length is below 45 inch. And they are much taller than me...
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 414
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:43 pm

iron eagle wrote:
Pizzaman wrote:
Hi Guys,

Anyone of you play with a driver shorter than 45 inch with success?
I was playing around with my driver surefit technology last week, attached a 4 wood shaft into my driver head and the result is a very light swing weight but much more accurate drive. The distance loss is acceptable & I'm thinking of cutting down my driver to probably 44 inch. Any fitter to recommend for this change?
Yes! should follow Anthony Kim he choked down on his driver
and he hit awesome distance! Don't cut driver shaft next time you want to sell got big problem, nobody wants it!
ya... if sell the shaft next time will have a big problem...
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1471
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:46 pm

My driver with the new shaft now D4 swingweight.

Maybe will try choking down the next game. 

Been going right today..
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3469
Join date : 2009-11-04
Age : 41
Location : Live beside the King

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:21 pm

You purposely hit right, if not where got ppl want to play with u.
Back to top Go down
Batman
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 788
Join date : 2010-04-20
Location : North 'Gotham City'

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Fri Sep 27, 2013 4:52 pm

IIRC, TW's driver is 44 or 44.5" only
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:54 pm

According to a bro here, longer shaft does not mean longer distance and shorter shaft do not mean shorter distance.Smile 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Short Driver   Today at 6:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
Short Driver
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1
 Similar topics
-
» Is it me or is Luke Donald's driver really short?
» Short Shifter
» COVENTRY DRIVER LISTS
» BELLE VUE 30TH DRIVER LISTS
» Driver fitting made simple

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.