Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

durability of non chrome and soft wedges

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
tronos
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: durability of non chrome and soft wedges   Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:26 pm

bought a Nike VR 56 degree wedge (raw black) a month back...great wedge, really bite into the ball and great feel...until one day i went to Turf City and used it there. After about 15-20 hits, the black surface of the bottom edge is worn off (now a shade of bronze) and it immediately started to rust that day. Previously only used at the range and course once. Now a bit worried that such wedges will not last very long...granted the Turf City ground is not exactly golf course standard.

is it normal when use at the course? My only other 'raw' club is the Nike SV tour black 60 degree, plenty of use but no significant wear or rust. Initially wanted to buy the Vokey Oil Can but now will stick to chrome products....

There goes my dream set of J36 CB Black with KBS Black Nickel & yellow Iomic grips

Last edited by tronos on Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
kopiO
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: durability of non chrome and soft wedges   Mon Nov 23, 2009 10:29 pm

raw black means will rust/tarnish, right?

and yes, eventually the coating on your club face will also wear off. juz look at some of the used wedges around.
Back to top Go down
Cyp_PGA
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: durability of non chrome and soft wedges   Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:28 am

Hey mate, the rusted is the best thing for a wedge because it generate more spin
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: durability of non chrome and soft wedges   Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:30 am

Cyp_PGA wrote:
Hey mate, the rusted is the best thing for a wedge because it generate more spin

I have a X-Forged Vintage Wedge 58˚ which started to rust. At first, I didn't like it but the more I play with it, the more I'm beginning to like the feel. It bites really nicely. Ignore how it looks. Focus instead on how it plays Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
helmeahmad
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: durability of non chrome and soft wedges   Wed Dec 02, 2009 3:46 am

ya, rusty wedge really give u more spin. if u got vokeys, buy oil can. it will rust in time. keep it and use it for long time.
Back to top Go down
andrewlee
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: durability of non chrome and soft wedges   Wed Dec 02, 2009 9:26 am

I have 2 x X-Forged Vintage Wedges and they have started to rust.....

anyone know how to "make" them rust evenly?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: durability of non chrome and soft wedges   Today at 3:46 pm

Back to top Go down

durability of non chrome and soft wedges
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1