Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-05-20
Age : 28
Location : Still in the bunker

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:57 pm

Had the honour of testing this shaft today. Swing was off and wasn't really to strike it well. On off hits, it went at least 200m to 230m.

Shaft feels very very, I repeat, very stable. On a particular hole where I got a good hit, the compression was something I had never felt before on my previous shaft. Ball just took off and disappeared. Shocked when I found out the ball had landed 290m away from the tee without any help from the wind. Might have caught a downslope and rolled but good nonetheless. Will be looking to repeat that shot soon and will update more when I go to the range with it over the weekend. 

Thanks again Eric for the chance to test this shaft
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:34 pm

herpderp wrote:
Ball just took off and disappeared. Shocked when I found out the ball had landed 290m away from the tee without any help from the wind.
halo, u think fairy tale ah...took off n disappeared!!!



let me rephrased a bit lah....


the shaft is that good that I f***ing vaporised that white s*** of the ball.... holy cow, i feel like Superman on estacy





liddat that mah.... no vivid imagination

sunday pan chance hor!!!
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-05-20
Age : 28
Location : Still in the bunker

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:55 pm

slinger wrote:
herpderp wrote:
Ball just took off and disappeared. Shocked when I found out the ball had landed 290m away from the tee without any help from the wind.
halo, u think fairy tale ah...took off n disappeared!!!



let me rephrased a bit lah....


the shaft is that good that I f***ing vaporised that white s*** of the ball.... holy cow, i feel like Superman on estacy





liddat that mah.... no vivid imagination

sunday pan chance hor!!!
Hahaha already say one in a million shots liao la! Swing is off and shit. Probably shot like 90 today. U give chance more like it.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:17 pm

herpderp wrote:
slinger wrote:
herpderp wrote:
Ball just took off and disappeared. Shocked when I found out the ball had landed 290m away from the tee without any help from the wind.
halo, u think fairy tale ah...took off n disappeared!!!



let me rephrased a bit lah....


the shaft is that good that I f***ing vaporised that white s*** of the ball.... holy cow, i feel like Superman on estacy





liddat that mah.... no vivid imagination

sunday pan chance hor!!!
Hahaha already say one in a million shots liao la! Swing is off and shit. Probably shot like 90 today. U give chance more like it.
Give you a tip....

When slinger says pan chance, he is saying he will only WOH. Take heed.

lol! 


OT liao. Topic OFF 


Back to topic......just got my Veylix Alpina shaft. Few hits on Trackman.....very promising.
Like herpderp said, very stable. 

More on this weapon after the weekend.
Back to top Go down
zhikang
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 201
Join date : 2012-11-25

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:15 am

asahi wrote:

Back to topic......just got my Veylix Alpina shaft. Few hits on Trackman.....very promising.
Like herpderp said, very stable. 

More on this weapon after the weekend.
wah Asahi secret testing new weapon at OCC never say ah... I saw him bombing drives with the new shaft man. long long straight straight scary scary. 

Anw I had the chance to try both bro enwee and bro asahi's shafts in their respective configurations. Found the R-flex Alpina 573 to be a bit too soft for me. This shaft really requires a smooth swing tempo for it to work. Once it connected well though, ball flight was nice. Easy to launch.

I think bro Asahi had the S-flex Alpina 673. Found this to me awesome. Smooth tempo also needed but I dared to put more into the swing. Impact felt damn awesome and the ball went FAR for me man. FAR. Shaft felt really quite stable (alth i still like the Oban Revenge Razz but seriously, at almost half the price....).

Coming from a relatively new golfer idk if this would be helpful but yea could feel the diff and juz sharing hehe What a Face
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:49 am

herpderp wrote:
Had the honour of testing this shaft today. Swing was off and wasn't really to strike it well. On off hits, it went at least 200m to 230m.

Shaft feels very very, I repeat, very stable. On a particular hole where I got a good hit, the compression was something I had never felt before on my previous shaft. Ball just took off and disappeared. Shocked when I found out the ball had landed 290m away from the tee without any help from the wind. Might have caught a downslope and rolled but good nonetheless. Will be looking to repeat that shot soon and will update more when I go to the range with it over the weekend. 
What shaft spec u use? I want too hahaha..

Now then I know 573 is R flex which I got Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:04 am

zhikang!

That is not sharing....it is called spying. Sad 

Hahaha....anyway, I am very pleased with the results this far.
More on this after the weekend.

p.s Mengteck, Mai kancheong spider next time....not all cases, early birds catch early worms hor
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 11:13 am

asahi wrote:
zhikang!

That is not sharing....it is called spying. Sad 

Hahaha....anyway, I am very pleased with the results this far.
More on this after the weekend.

p.s Mengteck, Mai kancheong spider next time....not all cases, early birds catch early worms hor
Yah, early worm get eaten by bird.
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:49 pm

R flex is ok cos am looking for a lighter shaft.. swing easy.. can play more golf.. feels tired easily nowadays, 60S abit heavy..lol
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:53 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
R flex is ok cos am looking for a lighter shaft.. swing easy.. can play more golf.. feels tired easily nowadays, 60S abit heavy..lol
how come u always get to try all the good stuff....

i always kenna no stock...
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:40 pm

You already up there.. not like me still have to try more to improve..
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-05-20
Age : 28
Location : Still in the bunker

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:19 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
herpderp wrote:
Had the honour of testing this shaft today. Swing was off and wasn't really to strike it well. On off hits, it went at least 200m to 230m.

Shaft feels very very, I repeat, very stable. On a particular hole where I got a good hit, the compression was something I had never felt before on my previous shaft. Ball just took off and disappeared. Shocked when I found out the ball had landed 290m away from the tee without any help from the wind. Might have caught a downslope and rolled but good nonetheless. Will be looking to repeat that shot soon and will update more when I go to the range with it over the weekend. 
What shaft spec u use? I want too hahaha..

Now then I know 573 is R flex which I got Smile
i have 573 on S (:
Back to top Go down
Daztasiumz
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1084
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Republic of Singapore

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:37 pm

slinger wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:
R flex is ok cos am looking for a lighter shaft.. swing easy.. can play more golf.. feels tired easily nowadays, 60S abit heavy..lol
how come u always get to try all the good stuff....

i always kenna no stock...
Slinger yr black ops also on 40T graphite kelvar?
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-05-20
Age : 28
Location : Still in the bunker

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:12 pm

Daztasiumz wrote:
slinger wrote:
mengteck71 wrote:
R flex is ok cos am looking for a lighter shaft.. swing easy.. can play more golf.. feels tired easily nowadays, 60S abit heavy..lol
how come u always get to try all the good stuff....

i always kenna no stock...
Slinger yr black ops also on 40T graphite kelvar?
It's called black ops for a reason. It's made from a melted AWP sniper rifle
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5692
Join date : 2009-06-19
Age : 47
Location : Wild Wild West

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:45 pm

why cant i have 2 mistresses.......
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 435
Join date : 2011-12-01

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:52 pm

I don't like Slinger, he left my ears ringing from his driver shots.

On a serious note, thanks for being a good sport and willing to swing some for me to see and is a pleasure meeting you.
Back to top Go down
Derek
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 2159
Join date : 2009-10-20

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 12:12 am

I have to stop reading this thread .......


"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"

need to keep repeating this to myself ....

_________________
========================================
What's in the Bag

Driver: Callway X-Hot 10.5 with Fubuki 50S (pulled from a TM Burner SuperFast)
Woods: 19 Deg Callaway X-hot Proj X Stock S Flex
Hybrid: 22 Deg TM SF i70R, Cobra Baffler 25 Deg NS950R
Irons 5-Pw:  Titleist 704 CB NSP950 (Flex Unknown - think it is R)
Wedges: Perry Gear 52 Deg DG S300 and BFG 55 Deg KBS Hi-Rev, Tourstage 60 Deg
Putter: RIFE Antigua Island with Champ Large Grip
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 6:40 am

My fellow shiny Buddha, nobody asks you to buy.

Just demo and try mah. 

Hehe Razz
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 8:15 am

Derek wrote:
I have to stop reading this thread .......


"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"

need to keep repeating this to myself ....
ohmmmmmmmmmm.....
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:33 am

Derek wrote:
I have to stop reading this thread .......


"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"
"when the buying stops the road to improvement begins"

need to keep repeating this to myself ....
If you don't try, you will never know.... come, come....

I got the Veylix on my CG Black, the good news?

The shaft is so much more stable, I got it at 46.5inches just to try out if there's any increased dispersion or not.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 10:59 am

Increased dispersion? You mean length right?

Neutral
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 11:07 am

come come. faster do another buddha boys harabird outing
Back to top Go down
mengteck71
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1766
Join date : 2009-06-27
Age : 45

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 3:00 pm

herpderp wrote:
i have 573 on S (:
 Then I dunno mine is S or R.. lol
Back to top Go down
herpderp
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 314
Join date : 2013-05-20
Age : 28
Location : Still in the bunker

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 4:23 pm

mengteck71 wrote:
herpderp wrote:
i have 573 on S (:
 Then I dunno mine is S or R.. lol
I think u have it on R if im not wrong. Stole a glance when i was fiddling with yur driver
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 3798
Join date : 2009-10-09
Age : 51
Location : Wherever my feet take me....

PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Sat Oct 26, 2013 7:59 pm

asahi wrote:
Increased dispersion? You mean length right?

Neutral
I did mean dispersion, longer shaft ma... whether got more distance depends on whether I can get timing, tempo and transition synchronised for good impact.

And you know the verdict oredi, having witnessed my trial at the range just now.


Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed   Today at 2:21 am

Back to top Go down
 
The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Similar topics
-
» The New VEYLIX shaft - 3 tester needed
» New Leather Grip Tester needed
» Advice needed: Graphite Design Aura gold Driver shaft
» Final Drive Shaft Dust Seal and Oil Seal Replacement Advice Needed
» For those that can't hit well with a TM stock shaft

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Equipment Reviews-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.