Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 post deleted

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
angeldogleslie
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 332
Join date : 2012-01-12

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:36 pm

Technospaz wrote:
When I picked up my Fish Sticks, I got more than just the irons. What I got was personalized attention and fitting from DGman, with recommendations as to lie, loft etc. and ample testing with irons etc., not to mention a selection of shafts and grips.

There's more to the irons than the price. Whether or not they are legit is beyond me, but I believe that there's a lot more in value which you derive from buying them at BFG.

And, last but not least, you support a local fitter! Smile
Agree with both hands and legs up to support a local fitter!
Back to top Go down
manofgold
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-11-22

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 4:56 pm

angeldogleslie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When I picked up my Fish Sticks, I got more than just the irons. What I got was personalized attention and fitting from DGman, with recommendations as to lie, loft etc. and ample testing with irons etc., not to mention a selection of shafts and grips.

There's more to the irons than the price. Whether or not they are legit is beyond me, but I believe that there's a lot more in value which you derive from buying them at BFG.

And, last but not least, you support a local fitter! Smile
Agree with both hands and legs up to support a local fitter!
so the fitting cost $1000+??
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:12 pm

Bros all shd read this book...
all ur suspicions are confirmed here Razz

Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 5:37 pm

i take it as a compliment that we are copied just like the rest of the irons on some sites like Allexpress as well as Taobao.

i often joke with Niimi San of Epon that the BFG is selling at a higher price too.

This are copy and i have been informed as early as one and half year back. Also spotters have been sending me links so we know about them. We have gotten our manufacturer in China to check them out and it was established that the mould are different and they are definitely not 100% CNC like the BFG fishy sticks. You can compare the logo, the word "FORGED" and the absence of serial nos on the fakes.

The face of the irons are uneven, the grooves are not conforming and the engraving and finishing is far from the real thing. Having said that, we cannot stop anyone to buy counterfeits but if you bring them in and compared to the ones in our stores, you will quickly realised the difference. 

Bottom-line, they are fakes not excess. the factory that we use does a lot of international brands and their integrity is unquestionable.

Thank you everyone for your opinions and messages. As i have only gotten back to my hotel after a hard day at Phoenix Golf Course in Hanoi, i was unable to see or respond earlier.

I also have to thank my guide Teegem, for all the arrangements including picking me up at 6.00 am and a nice fresh bowl of Pho before the tee-off. 

Have a great weekend.....DGman

Personally i was waiting when the fishy wedges will surface.... Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 5606
Join date : 2009-12-26

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:20 pm

manofgold wrote:
angeldogleslie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When I picked up my Fish Sticks, I got more than just the irons. What I got was personalized attention and fitting from DGman, with recommendations as to lie, loft etc. and ample testing with irons etc., not to mention a selection of shafts and grips.

There's more to the irons than the price. Whether or not they are legit is beyond me, but I believe that there's a lot more in value which you derive from buying them at BFG.

And, last but not least, you support a local fitter! Smile
Agree with both hands and legs up to support a local fitter!
so the fitting cost $1000+??
You forgot to count for shaft, grip, materials, rent/overhead, transportation cost, inventory cost, labor, and profit for the entrepreneur who took the risk to set up business.

If you buy this head fr tao bao, you still have to pay GST, Shipping, buy shafts/grip and pay a fitter to install the set for you to play. Theres a market for cheap customers who are willing to do the leg work and there is a market for those who want piece of mind and  willing to pay for service.
Back to top Go down
astroboy888
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 80
Join date : 2013-03-31

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:24 pm

Really don't understand some folks. If they feel that the Fish sticks are over priced for what they are then don't buy them. As I have been informed, the Fish sticks are a concept that grew out of a little shop in Singapore.

The actuall process to get these irons from the R&D stage to actuall production took quite a bit of money and more importantly time.

When the irons and wedges were launched, the items were never sold at rock bottom prices but was priced to reflect the believe that these irons were a cut above the mass produced sets. From a business point, one must also realize the production in limited quantities cost more for a production run.

To date I believe that the owners of Fish Sticks have been generally happy with the irons and any constructive criticism would be much appreciated by the people selling and fitting the irons. How many shops in Spore give you a few irons to test before making a decision on buying?

Developing a relationship with a good fitter is invaluable as he/she can help to make your game more enjoyable by providing you with the right clubs/shafts etc. All these comes with a price, as everyone needs to make a living.

I believe that the final testament to the Fish sticks popularity are the fact that sales are growing all the time.


Last edited by astroboy888 on Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:43 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
manofgold
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 3
Join date : 2013-11-22

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:31 pm

DGman wrote:
i take it as a compliment that we are copied just like the rest of the irons on some sites like Allexpress as well as Taobao.

i often joke with Niimi San of Epon that the BFG is selling at a higher price too.

This are copy and i have been informed as early as one and half year back. Also spotters have been sending me links so we know about them. We have gotten our manufacturer in China to check them out and it was established that the mould are different and they are definitely not 100% CNC like the BFG fishy sticks. You can compare the logo, the word "FORGED" and the absence of serial nos on the fakes.

The face of the irons are uneven, the grooves are not conforming and the engraving and finishing is far from the real thing. Having said that, we cannot stop anyone to buy counterfeits but if you bring them in and compared to the ones in our stores, you will quickly realised the difference. 

Bottom-line, they are fakes not excess. the factory that we use does a lot of international brands and their integrity is unquestionable.

Thank you everyone for your opinions and messages. As i have only gotten back to my hotel after a hard day at Phoenix Golf Course in Hanoi, i was unable to see or respond earlier.

I also have to thank my guide Teegem, for all the arrangements including picking me up at 6.00 am and a nice fresh bowl of Pho before the tee-off. 

Have a great weekend.....DGman

Personally i was waiting when the fishy wedges will surface.... Smile
But i see no diff in the picture and why not you go and buy one set as a fake sample
Back to top Go down
haragolfer
Caddy
Caddy


Posts : 1659
Join date : 2010-12-02

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:38 pm

the fish sticks on taobao are fishy!
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 6:49 pm

Let's move on.  To each his own.

However, if you do your sums correctly, you will find that there's isn't much of a price difference.  A set of the irons w/out shafts directly from BFG might set you probably $300++ more than buying from Taobao but it comes with lie & loft fitting and also installation of shaft.

Presumably if you buy from Taobao:
Iron heads:   $400
Freight:        $40 (estimate)
GST:            $28
Clearance:    $20 (documentation)
Installation:  $120 (installation of 6 shafts)
Total:          $608
Savings:      $92

Personally, I would pay the premium to get the real stuff.  It gives me a sense of confidence that I am playing and using what I actually paid for.

My 2cents worth!

Peace everyone!Peace
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:08 pm

@manofgold

Just curious....are you the one of the agents for the website?

p.s. DGman knows his stuff or products. No need for him to waste moolah to buy some worthless shit.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:50 pm

@manofgold, I think u should get one set from tao bao since u curious the authenticity of clubs.

@simoner, $120 for installation of shafts is on the low side I think. If user using steelfibers? I think would be more ex.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:06 pm

manofgold wrote:
angeldogleslie wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
When I picked up my Fish Sticks, I got more than just the irons. What I got was personalized attention and fitting from DGman, with recommendations as to lie, loft etc. and ample testing with irons etc., not to mention a selection of shafts and grips.

There's more to the irons than the price. Whether or not they are legit is beyond me, but I believe that there's a lot more in value which you derive from buying them at BFG.

And, last but not least, you support a local fitter! Smile
Agree with both hands and legs up to support a local fitter!
so the fitting cost $1000+??
Seriously, is your question for real?

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:24 pm

Now I know why so many people wear JL apparel to the golf course. Bloody hell. 

I wouldn't wear a $160 JL golf shirt, wouldn't wear a $120 JL Burms or pants, wouldn't wear a $180 JL belt or even a pair of $250 JL shoes onto the golf course

They all got from Taobao!!!!
Back to top Go down
jeffman88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1374
Join date : 2010-08-17
Location : Where the sun rises...

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:11 pm

haragolfer wrote:
the fish sticks on taobao are fishy!
the fish sticks on taboai are fishy n forged too!
Back to top Go down
billi
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 752
Join date : 2010-03-17

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:30 pm

andrew-golf wrote:
Now I know why so many people wear JL apparel to the golf course. Bloody hell. 

I wouldn't wear a $160 JL golf shirt, wouldn't wear a $120 JL Burms or pants, wouldn't wear a $180 JL belt or even a pair of $250 JL shoes onto the golf course

They all got from Taobao!!!!
U sure .ppl wear jl all from tao bao .
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4972
Join date : 2009-10-20
Location : Always on the fairway

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 pm

billi wrote:
andrew-golf wrote:
Now I know why so many people wear JL apparel to the golf course. Bloody hell. 

I wouldn't wear a $160 JL golf shirt, wouldn't wear a $120 JL Burms or pants, wouldn't wear a $180 JL belt or even a pair of $250 JL shoes onto the golf course

They all got from Taobao!!!!
U sure .ppl wear jl all from tao bao .
Hehe. 

Its meant as a joke
Back to top Go down
simoner
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1111
Join date : 2010-09-20

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:31 pm

enwee wrote:
@simoner, $120 for installation of shafts is on the low side I think. If user using steelfibers? I think would be more ex.
Bro
What I meant is that $120 is purely for installation service without the shafts.

A NSPro shaft would easily set one back $40-$50 per piece and a Steelfibre $80-$90 per piece without grips!
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:41 pm

jeffman88 wrote:
haragolfer wrote:
the fish sticks on taobao are fishy!
the fish sticks on taboai are fishy n forged too!
No, the fishes  are Hong Kong steam ...
Back to top Go down
9points
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals


Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-16
Age : 30
Location : Batam, Indonesia

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:42 pm

Turbo wrote:
No, the fishes  are Hong Kong steam ...
Bro Turbo, add Teo Chew steam to that Smile
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Fri Nov 22, 2013 11:52 pm

9points wrote:
Turbo wrote:
No, the fishes  are Hong Kong steam ...
Bro Turbo, add Teo Chew steam to that Smile
In Chinese culinary, steaming of fish, the fish must be very fresh. So fishy one cannot be steam only maybe deep fried.
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:19 am

jeffman88 wrote:
haragolfer wrote:
the fish sticks on taobao are fishy!
the fish sticks on taboai are fishy n forged too!
Guys, i like these but i like manofgold even more. he has 3 post so far and all seems to be very concerned about the price of BFG irons. 

if you want to see the fake, i have a set at BFG. do you think i would not have done my due diligence. it first surface in South Korea long before it made its way to the chinese websites.

finally any publicity is deemed good if one can use it properly and i thank the thread starter for bringing this to our attention. you can ask a lot of bros on this forum. Many have PM me in the past about Allexpress and Taobao but the authorities are eyes-closed to such matters. if giant brands like LV and Chanel cannot stop them, can you imagine how we can do so and its not worth it to pursue.

For those who wants to buy from Taobao, be my guest and you can bring in your irons for comparison, but do not count on us to make the $1000 profit from you.

Many thanks.....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 335
Join date : 2009-08-10

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Sat Nov 23, 2013 1:30 am

thats crazy price for 8 pcs of steel..... non original stuff price is zero... period. .
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
audi
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1036
Join date : 2011-11-16
Age : 30
Location : jakarta

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Sat Nov 23, 2013 11:46 am

those chinese websites are fishy. not recommended at all.
Back to top Go down
enwee
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 4697
Join date : 2011-12-30
Location : Seletar Hills

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:37 pm

Anyway serious golfers don't buy clubs from sources like taobao or Ali express. Because sources really unknown.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Sat Nov 23, 2013 12:50 pm

asahi wrote:
@manofgold

Just curious....are you the one of the agents for the website?

p.s. DGman knows his stuff or products. No need for him to waste moolah to buy some worthless shit.
I am still curious to know manofgold's background.

Where are you?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: post deleted   Today at 3:43 am

Back to top Go down
 
post deleted
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
 Similar topics
-
» for sale post deleted???????/
» POST: pics of your XRR w/ various gas tanks and t
» Favorite Post Golf Drink
» Interesting post on NERR High shool vs Prep school
» Craig Anderson Info from the Denver Post

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.