Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Do you miss Toonshouse

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Do you miss toonshouse
Yes
50%
 50% [ 14 ]
No
50%
 50% [ 14 ]
Total Votes : 28

AuthorMessage
S70B
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:00 pm

Hey Shotah, I will agree to disagree on our differing points, cool? As you mentioned, I know you better than most and you will know that non of us here will force you to change. We just hope for greater tolerance from you guys on us and help maintain peace here. No change in principles required.

I see your point on the TGM issue. But you and I should know the game well enuff that there is no wrong way to do things. We might not agree on all the things being taught by him but end of the day, who knows it might work for his students? Then end up I have to eat another set of words on top of what MT's act just fed me? What I shared w u works for me. I din say its right. I just hope what worked for me works for you. Tats how I will share swing knowledge.

I guess thats why my job fits me perfectly - I'm the sort who will defend the country, in this case, the forum, whether I agree to certain things or not. I wun question the governing body's morales nor complain about the differences within publicly. That 'defending' to me is the big picture. Its just the way my military life taught me and I think I live by this kinda house rules in all things I do.

Like I know you better than most, I hope you know the same about me. Friendship is impt but True Friendship shd endure the test of friction and unhappiness. Insults are oni painful from those closest. Like I said, I am not the one pushing u guys away. I just wish all the bitterness will end and let the forum move fwd.

Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Sun Nov 29, 2009 5:06 pm

Siaw8,

Sue me then. I have nothing else to say to you nor will I apologise to an individual targeting me for an attack. Whether you think I'm over-sensitive or not, I let the rest of the forum decide. You can carry on whatever you are trying to do.

I have not done anything to you for u to treat me like this but if u choose to be like dat, too bad.

Here's to remembering TH.

Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:47 pm

No point arguing... Let's move on...

Rex,
I dunno why you took it so personally and keep insisting I am attacking the forum. I admit some of my post to u is overboard as it was type in the heat of the moment. I apologize for that. At the same time, I hope you can see my point too. Nobody wants the forum to die off even though we may not share the same vision.

Sunny,
I have nothing against you personally although I may not agree with your management style. Hope we can have a game one day. Too old to have overnight grudges.

Ts,
I have reread the post and sincerely apologize to you for saying that all ur posts are ot.

Mt and moon,
sorry if I cause u any inconveniences.

Ok, can we move one now?
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:18 pm

ok. now the 'good guy'/role model speaks...

pls lah. dun make me sound so gd... i am just like the rest of them. only thing different, i write thesis on my understanding and logic, only to get corrected at the end due to my private limited knowledge. i am not as direct, as outspoken.

toons was toons... if u ask me.. i only miss toons because no one was boss then and everyone are equals...so there is no talk about bossing ard, censorship or commercialization. Although both are golf forums, toons and GR are totally different forums in their own rights.

from my personal point of view, toons was a place more for gathering and finding new friends. back in the simpler days, even way before UncleLau is in the scene, we first had Tomcat organising his 8 to 10 car convoy games into Msia on Sunday Noons, then we have Motorkah with his weekly weekday NSRCC games, for those who are even more old bird... how can u forget this?

but today GR is different. the focus here is golf knowledge and the sharing of such knowledge. lelonging, golf games and chatter are just byproducts of the main focus.

the admins of this forum has always been aware of the troubles and problems of commercializing the forum and have been staying far away from that as much as they can. but alas, what they feared most just comes around and haunts them...

as for being 'defensive', when a cookie from the jars get missing and someone points a finger or even hints that it might be u, do u just keep quiet and pretend nothing has happened? or do u at least say or prove that why it is not u and your hands are crumb free?

as for true frenships... really sad to see how things have turned out... like many things and times i have preached before...wad is printed on here and how u read this print, might not be how the writer want to translate it to the reader. so read everything with a pinch of salt and just learn to let things go... forgive and forget. the world will be a better place. golf games and golf forum policies are 2 separate issues and true frenship should never be placed inbetween.

as for 'other' forum issue, this has always been a sensitive and political issue especially when sponsors are involved. GR has never been taking any sides and on the contrary, sometimes speaking up and fighting for people who have no link or affiliation or support with the majority of the outspoken population here. i got no problem with the other forum or with half of their management. what UL did, probably out of good faith is to organize games btwn e 2 forums discreetly. but what other UL did not know is that if he did do so and i met the other half of their management there in this supposed joint game, i would probably end up on the front page of ST the next day; "Brawl/homicide at golf course" or words to similar effect.

I hope this episode will serve as a wake up call to both sides. can we all now live in peace under the same cyber roof? I will continue to do wad i do and mediate both sides. i will work a solution for the K N N family and at the same time, work towards the vision of the admins here.

MT, do not be late for our sat date. lurve u lotz still. muackz.
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:21 pm

pains me to see my gd frens fight.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:16 pm

siaw8 wrote:
For you, golf, tcss and drink beer anytime. You are one funny guy and i do enjoy the game we had. How? give me 18 18 can?

After today's game, I think you'll have to give me 18-18 Sad

Anyway, glad to know that we're good.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
LinLauPeh
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:30 am

Wa si LinLauPeh! Ai shio pak, si gan te tiam bang lo lai!
(Translation: I'm LinLauPeh. Want to fight, leave your time and place.)

No lah.... Just kidding ar.. Laughing Peace Peace Peace

Life is too short. Why not spend our time addressing other issues that can contribute to our golfing society? Or... make me happy by telling me jokes instead! haha.... Let's Swing !

Peace Beer
Back to top Go down
chinchiachun
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:10 am

MC, you are my new idol becos you iterate and express yourself so well. Alot of the misunderstandings my bros had here is becos we can't express ourselves like you, even the K N N bro of mine after all his LSE education. All these are really silly misunderstandings and alot of the things posted here are either lost in translation or in the heat of the moment, i know they definitely did not meant it that way. The TGM thing for instance, its cool now that Shotah explains why he TL and felt betrayed and Rex also explained himself. I hope they understand each other better now and perhaps laugh over why the misunderstanding in the first place. My K N N bros if thats what you like to term us (btw, u are also part of the K N N family) has got no malice intent, i did had a drink with Siaw8 and the boys and we were talking about how much fun we had in the ikasu thread and the K N N thread. I swear over my TaTa Young and Naomi Campbell beauty that there is no malice intent or any conspiracy in Siaw8 starting this thread. As i grow older i tend to think of good old times more.

The palm is flesh, the back of palm also flesh. I have the K N N family, Rex is a bro, then there is also Ms Moon and you which i have high regards. It bleeds me to see my bros fight. Sibeh sad. I plead and pray that all my bros and friends give me a little bit of face and put an end to all this. Christmas is round the corner and lets all take the opportunity to forget. Its just ill communication and different interpretation. We can all express ourselves without need to impose our thoughts on others and worst getting angry over each other just becos the other party does not agree with us.
Back to top Go down
Kopi Towkay
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:52 am

Hey, CCC, nice words. We would do well to heed.

BTW, 1 question and 1 comment for you.

WTH u doing up at 0300.....you a fisherman in addition to a golfer?

Tata was my first Thai love. I heard a few of her songs back in 96 and searched high and low in Thailand for her cassette.......yes cassette.....Thailand didn't have a booming CD operation back then...that's just shows what an oldie I really am!

Cheers, KT

PS: I'm up at this stupid hour trying to sort out things back in the States. My family thinks since it's nice and sunny outside the window in St. Louis, it must be the same in Singapore. They missed that day in school when the teach went over the time zone thinggy.
Back to top Go down
nientsu
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:21 am

I miss Toons only because of the Legend called Lion and his one-liner posts. I am sure Mc and Sunny will say the same. If he read this thread, he will probably post something like : 'Why quarrel?' or 'Why you always quarrel?'

Toons too had quarrels and the quarrels were quite personal if i can recall. If you think that toons is all rosy.......think again.
Back to top Go down
sunny
Greens Committee Member
Greens Committee Member

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Mon Nov 30, 2009 7:35 am

A forum is an open platform and it is inevitable that misunderstandings and disagreements would surface.

Shotah and siaw8, please do not misunderstand that rex had betrayed you. As moderators of the forum, we have collectively agreed to take the middle road and not go any extremes. Some decisions do not echo our personal views but stick with them because it is better for the forum.

That is why we call it moderations. Make everything that sounds too extreme moderate.

I am not a petty person and i'll still have a game with any of you. Siaw8, if you can join us on 18, that would be great. If not another occasion is equally fine.

I think everyone has spoken on this issue and we all know where the misunderstanding stem from. Lets just take a step back and think about it. If need to just talk to rex or me if you have any doubts. We are on your msn anyway.

Let's just move on from here and talk about golf instead. I will lock this topic now as the issue has simmered. If anyone wish to talk abt gd old days in toons, cyber teebox etc, please feel free to start new topic as this thread has veered off.

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Do you miss Toonshouse   Today at 3:56 am

Back to top Go down

Do you miss Toonshouse
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 6 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6