Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Does the Golf Ball really matters?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:07 pm

I'll stick to my Srixon AD333 balls. For the price, they deliver the best value hands down.

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 844
Join date : 2013-03-10

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:17 pm

How about Noodle balls?
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 189
Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:11 pm

Technospaz wrote:
I'll stick to my Srixon AD333 balls. For the price, they deliver the best value hands down.

May I know how much is the Srixon AD333 you get and the (green) soft feel same price too?
Back to top Go down
semi-pro
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 28
Join date : 2012-10-03

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:52 pm

stickman wrote:
semi-pro wrote:
Here's a trivial knowledge for all:  do you know that there are only three brands of golf balls that actually have their own manufacturing plants?  It does say a lot about how important the golf balls are to them and the investment in research and quality control these brands put into their golf balls.

1. Titleist
2. Srixon
3. Bridgestone

I use Srixon Soft Feel Lady.  Srixon makes the best 2-piece balls and is the most affordable and value-for-money brand, if you ask me.


Hi semi-pro,

Thanks for the info. When you play the Srixon soft feel lady, do you get distance from this ball and does it gives you a reasonable spin on the green?

I asked because your nick is "Semi pro" and if assuming you are semi pro, why do you use srixon soft feel lady as I would think that you will use a 3 piece or 5 piece ball? Does the ball give you distance and a reasonable spin on the green?


Love to hear your feedback.

Cheers

Nay, wish I am indeed semi-pro.  But I enjoy my game nonetheless at handicap 20.  Can still beat some guys too. Smile

I am not a long-hitter - how many women golfers are - so I rely on distance balls like Srixon Soft Feel Lady, which in my opinion is less hard than Titleist Velocity.

But the Soft Feel Lady launches high and so this helps my shots around the green.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor


Posts : 15650
Join date : 2009-06-18
Age : 41
Location : Typically OOB

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:52 pm

Noriki wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I'll stick to my Srixon AD333 balls. For the price, they deliver the best value hands down.

May I know how much is the Srixon AD333 you get and the (green) soft feel same price too?

5 boxes from Transview for S$104. Hard to beat!

I think the Soft Feel may be S$90 for 5 boxes (can't recall) Smile

_________________
Clearing my Storeroom of golfing goodies. Please help support Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 189
Join date : 2013-12-11

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 5:13 pm

Technospaz wrote:
Noriki wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
I'll stick to my Srixon AD333 balls. For the price, they deliver the best value hands down.

May I know how much is the Srixon AD333 you get and the (green) soft feel same price too?

5 boxes from Transview for S$104. Hard to beat!

I think the Soft Feel may be S$90 for 5 boxes (can't recall) Smile

This price are on sales price or selling price now?
Back to top Go down
stickman
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 182
Join date : 2011-07-22

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:04 pm

semi-pro wrote:
stickman wrote:
semi-pro wrote:
Here's a trivial knowledge for all:  do you know that there are only three brands of golf balls that actually have their own manufacturing plants?  It does say a lot about how important the golf balls are to them and the investment in research and quality control these brands put into their golf balls.

1. Titleist
2. Srixon
3. Bridgestone

I use Srixon Soft Feel Lady.  Srixon makes the best 2-piece balls and is the most affordable and value-for-money brand, if you ask me.


Hi semi-pro,

Thanks for the info. When you play the Srixon soft feel lady, do you get distance from this ball and does it gives you a reasonable spin on the green?

I asked because your nick is "Semi pro" and if assuming you are semi pro, why do you use srixon soft feel lady as I would think that you will use a 3 piece or 5 piece ball? Does the ball give you distance and a reasonable spin on the green?


Love to hear your feedback.

Cheers

Nay, wish I am indeed semi-pro.  But I enjoy my game nonetheless at handicap 20.  Can still beat some guys too. Smile

I am not a long-hitter - how many women golfers are - so I rely on distance balls like Srixon Soft Feel Lady, which in my opinion is less hard than Titleist Velocity.

But the Soft Feel Lady launches high and so this helps my shots around the green.

 Can beat some guys?   Cheers Jump  ...you go gal..

Thanks for your input...
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:35 pm

TDO,

Thanks for your advise.

I sometimes buy used balls from FESC shops. Those are acceptable yah? They "look" good condition to me.

One more random question: you know balls develop those rough spots (I assume its caused by grooves at impact) and you can feel these rough spots with your fingers. What do they do to the ball during flight time? What do they do to the rolling path during putting? Does it even matter?
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 2255
Join date : 2011-10-02
Age : 60
Location : West

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:58 pm

@ Nam Flog, I am not really good at giving advise on balls. There are quite a few brothers here who can offer better advice. In my view, balls that have scuff marks might affect the ball's roll especially on the green. In flight, I don't think it affect very much. Like some brothers here mentioned, try as many brands of balls as you possibly can. You may find a brand that suits your game. I am not loyal to one brand and that's possibly the reason why my score is not consistent. But that's my personal view.  Smile 
Back to top Go down
Denmeister
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 972
Join date : 2011-03-12
Age : 42
Location : Johor Bahru

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Dec 26, 2013 12:11 am

Technospaz wrote:
I'll stick to my Srixon AD333 balls. For the price, they deliver the best value hands down.

Good to know. 

I have just won a tube of these balls. Let me know when you are planning a game in rjcc.  I will pass them to you.
Back to top Go down
Pizzaman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 414
Join date : 2012-01-14

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Jan 22, 2014 11:51 am

trying to finish my cheap Dunlop black tour balls that I got from GD months back at $25/3 dozens before moving to my more premium balls... but they are just super durable... 1 ball lasted through my whole 18 holes last Sunday with minimum scuffed marks... don't feel the need to throw into the pond... ( suppose to purchase them just for par 3 courses and holes with plenty of hazards).

The feel is hard but they seems to perform for me. And they sure travel long IMO...
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer


Posts : 1270
Join date : 2009-06-20

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Wed Jan 22, 2014 2:30 pm

correct me if I am wrong.

Although it may be true that once you drive the ball, all subsequent shots are also hitting a used ball but at least that used ball has not seen water.

Do you know how most used balls come about? (Yes those that you buy in a plastic bag)

They come from water. The resellers get most of their "stock" from water and ponds.

"Both urethane and ionomer are impermeable to water, meaning that a submerged golf ball will not absorb water but water can degrade the cover over time, hurting performance" - Srixon Website

So if your skill level allows you to backspin the ball and check on the green and screw tarik, curve the ball etc etc. Use new balls.

However, if your skill level like mine, then used balls dont matter anyway since golf balls are impermeable to water.
Back to top Go down
junyao.anna
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 29
Join date : 2012-08-28

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Jan 23, 2014 8:48 pm

actually guys like a bit hiao lay. expensive means good. but actually if cannot swim dun say your swimming trunks short
Back to top Go down
mr joe
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 94
Join date : 2011-07-21

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Fri Jan 24, 2014 12:11 am

I only used second hand balls when I was in the learning stage of the game … now I feel more shiok playing first hand PD Soft than used Pro Vs which had marks all over … To me, the ball really make a big difference … ultimately that's the thing that u are trying to get into the hole …

Recently just bought a lot of B330 RX at a deal that I can't turn down … have yet to try … anyone got any experience using This?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 3:50 pm

Bro Khoe, you are planning to sell something in the marketplace, aren't you?  Laughing 
Back to top Go down
hiryu
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 183
Join date : 2013-04-03

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 4:34 pm

Turbo wrote:
Bro Khoe, you are planning to sell something in the marketplace, aren't you?   Laughing 
33 more posts to go...Razz
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:09 pm

hiryu wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Bro Khoe, you are planning to sell something in the marketplace, aren't you?   Laughing 
33 more posts to go...Razz

OMG! This fella makes it so obvious ... He is jamming up all over the forum ... I guess the Mod will ban him in no time ...  Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:22 pm

Too obvious already lah.

927pm he start, almost every other minute he "haha" "nice" "not bad" by digging up all the jokes in the lounge. Then he reach 50posts at 953pm zhun zhun he stop.

But innocent until proven guilty lah. Maybe he will not post in Marketplace………...
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:24 pm

Nam Flog wrote:
Too obvious already lah.

927pm he start, almost every other minute he "haha" "nice" "not bad" by digging up all the jokes in the lounge. Then he reach 50posts at 953pm zhun zhun he stop.

But innocent until proven guilty lah. Maybe he will not post in Marketplace………...

We shall see if he will post in the marketplace ...  Laughing If he is smart, he would lie low for a couple of weeks before posting in the marketplace ... If not, Mod might ban him ...  Razz
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer


Posts : 3062
Join date : 2009-09-29
Age : 43
Location : North-East

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:28 pm

Turbo wrote:
Nam Flog wrote:
Too obvious already lah.

927pm he start, almost every other minute he "haha" "nice" "not bad" by digging up all the jokes in the lounge. Then he reach 50posts at 953pm zhun zhun he stop.

But innocent until proven guilty lah. Maybe he will not post in Marketplace………...

We shall see if he will post in the marketplace ...  Laughing If he is smart, he would lie low for a couple of weeks before posting in the marketplace ... If not, Mod might ban him ...  Razz

 Laughing  Laughing . Think he's being watched as well as he's watchg us on every thread too. Wink
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:30 pm

Very fast. Achieved 50 posts within 1 day of continuous posting
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 5879
Join date : 2009-09-30
Age : 90
Location : Pin Hole

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:42 pm

hkhamateur wrote:
Turbo wrote:
Nam Flog wrote:
Too obvious already lah.

927pm he start, almost every other minute he "haha" "nice" "not bad" by digging up all the jokes in the lounge. Then he reach 50posts at 953pm zhun zhun he stop.

But innocent until proven guilty lah. Maybe he will not post in Marketplace………...

We shall see if he will post in the marketplace ...  Laughing If he is smart, he would lie low for a couple of weeks before posting in the marketplace ... If not, Mod might ban him ...  Razz

 Laughing  Laughing . Think he's being watched as well as he's watchg us on every thread too. Wink
He is only 19 years old ... But school holiday already over, huh?
Back to top Go down
Nam Flog
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 437
Join date : 2013-12-01

PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Thu Feb 06, 2014 10:59 pm

Maybe he sell Naruto head cover. Then I will sure buy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Does the Golf Ball really matters?   Today at 8:34 pm

Back to top Go down
 
Does the Golf Ball really matters?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
 Similar topics
-
» Titleist Golf Ball Fitting
» Golf Ball Retriever
» Golf Ball Comparison or Equivalent?
» How much pressure can a golf ball takes?
» Give me back my golf ball.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Clubhouse :: Golf Talk-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.