Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
punkrockpga
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 1:42 pm

One and only one way to measure.

You are shooting lower scores than you were 1 year ago. 

If yes, how did you do it?

If no, how do you want to answer this question 1 year from now and what are you prepared to do differently in the coming year?

Would love to hear some stories from both sides.
Back to top Go down
http://www.bradfordprogolf.com
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:34 pm

yes i am shooting lower scores compared to last year

Broke 80 3 times this year

but yet I'm still making silly mistakes over 1 or 2 holes by :

1. duffing some easy chips
2. Mishitting some approach and par 5 2nd shots
3. mis-reading some putts which resulted in 3 putts and bogeys/double bogeys

Things i really need to improve on are :

1. bunker shots (hate em so much that i actually aim the opposite direction from em)
2. different chipping techniques
3. how to read lines for putting
4. how to go back to focus when out of focus

i attribute all these to a loss of focus and bad physical condition of the body on some days

Just my thoughts on my own game

Cheers and merry xmas!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 3:26 pm

Same o same o. I putt better, chipping generally better, pitch is less accurate, bunker shot also worse, hit my irons and hybrid abt the same, my driving is a lot worse. My good scores are lower than last year but my bad scores are higher too.

I practiced less this year than last. Going to practice even less next year due to other commitments.

I think i have to agree with my kaki who said: to ask for strokes is easier. Anyone wanna buy my clubs?  Laughing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:08 pm

I'm better at buying golf gear off eBay if that counts. I still suck at defending myself against the golfing crocs though.

But I did pocket my HIO this year so that's something checked off the bucket list Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
zhenxua
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:28 pm

i have better patience and can better tolerate the flight behind that's pushing us
Back to top Go down
Noriki
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:46 pm

I improved from T-box to Green but the score not much changes due to 2-3 bad hole in every game.
Back to top Go down
Duval_S
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 4:54 pm

I am much better 

I don react negatively when i hit bad shots.....thanks to this year immense training....nowadays i just smile and whistle 'always look at the bright side of life"
Back to top Go down
DKing
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:19 pm

At least I am hitting the ball this year...
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:41 pm

In my case definitely worse. Broke 90 three times last year and thought I can push on from there but on hindsight it is wishful thinking. 
Partly due to playing a lot less after my nsrcc membership expired. Playing less leads to lousier physical condition. Lastly the swing also go haywire. Iron is unbelievably crappy.

Anything below 100 now is consider good. No talent so no choice. Just enjoy myself lah. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
uncleP
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:10 pm

I believe if anyone go to the same course playing 3 round of practice and then play the next 4 games with proper scoring,
and repeat the 2nd . 3rd.4th.........week   and  on different courses.....
(just like wat the touring pros )

his or her game should improve.

Too bad, we are not touring pros and we are not as hard working. 
(sometime not tat we dont want )

OSO in singapore we tend to keep buyng new TOYS and rubbish from big ADS.
No way we are familiar or comfy with the clubs.....
how to hit a good shot?

Why not tune wat we are having, practice a bit more...

Hope the coming year  we have a bigger bunch of strong players.....

merry Xmas and happy new year
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:11 pm

Duval_S wrote:
I am much better 

I don react negatively when i hit bad shots.....thanks to this year immense training....nowadays i just smile and whistle 'always look at the bright side of life"

Now you're just Seasoned Golfer. No more Seasoned Beginner Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Stanix
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:16 pm

Am losing lesser balls... yuppie...
Back to top Go down
mowen
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:38 pm

Broke my personnel best this year... Hope to do that more often next year.
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:49 pm

Personally, NO. In fact, I am playing worse. But I am still enjoying the game though. Cool
Back to top Go down
hkhamateur
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:39 pm

Playg to my iron distance liao. Dun need to up 1 or 2 clubs anymore.  cheers
Yet to break 80 (had 3 nearest chances thou)  Crying or Very sad
Back to top Go down
vinjess
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:32 pm

One year ago still taking PC and my 1st game with Bro Hong was very very very bad. Now might not win him but has confident to play with liao cos he give me 5-5. Hahaha
Back to top Go down
flashpacker
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Mon Dec 23, 2013 9:14 pm

Used to lose 8-10 balls each game.
Now, it's 1 or 2.
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:05 am

For me it is worse off... hope I get out of slump soon...
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:18 am

This year has been a roller coaster ride that is more exciting than last year and also a lot more frustrations. Played the worst game at my home course a few weeks back and went over the century mark. I believe going into 2014 will still be the same. haiz
Back to top Go down
Gray
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:21 am

Yes Yes Yes! Time to upgrade equipment??? hahahha
Back to top Go down
mloy
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:47 pm

Last year to break 100 I am a happy golfer. This year I played consistently in the 90s but of course have some 100s score when I was in the slump.

My improvement is due to seeing my coach and ranging more often. But of late I have been a bit lazy and have not range and partly due to the closing of Laguna range. So all in all I would say that I have improved.

Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:02 pm

mloy wrote:
Last year to break 100 I am a happy golfer. This year I played consistently in the 90s but of course have some 100s score when I was in the slump.

My improvement is due to seeing my coach and ranging more often. But of late I have been a bit lazy and have not range and partly due to the closing of Laguna range. So all in all I would say that I have improved.

If improvement is judged by HCP number, am sure mloy will be MVP of 2013!!!   lol!
Back to top Go down
pushslice
Caddy
Caddy

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:13 pm

mloy wrote:

Really?? are you looking for new meat?
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:19 pm

mloy wrote:

Nice try mloy!
 Swing
Back to top Go down
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Tue Dec 24, 2013 4:19 pm

"Really?? are you looking for new meat?"

Christmas Turkey serving coming up! 
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?   Today at 6:11 pm

Back to top Go down

Are you a better golfer than you were 1 year ago?
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next