Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.
 
HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
bogey_free
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 145
Join date : 2010-04-13

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Mon Feb 03, 2014 3:20 pm

haha....
still looks good without the stamps
Back to top Go down
WILL33
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 184
Join date : 2011-07-05

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Mon Feb 03, 2014 4:41 pm

Nice Design and colour combination
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:23 pm

I am such a happy man! 

Thank you so much Callaway Performance Centre.

Pics up shortly.
Back to top Go down
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 232
Join date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:51 pm

Yes I'm a little confused about how callaway goods are being channeled to us consumers in singapore too.
I understand that it used to be distributed exclusively by Pan West, but recently I heard from a golf salesperson that MST golf is the new distributor (not sure how accurate this is so please feel free to correct me). Pan West hasn't been actively bringing in new callaway products as well (ie big bertha and apex etc) so I'm not too sure what's been going on behind the scenes.

Suffice to say, BFG(Callaway Performance Centre) will be the main source through which Callaway will be reaching out to the Singapore market? 

Thanks in advance to anyone who can clarify this Smile
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:59 pm








I feel so blessed! Thank you once again Callaway Performance Centre (CPC) for the putter (1st in Singapore, methinks) and the fitting plus adjustments.

Had it trimmed to 33 inch.....loft and lie at 3 and 69.5 respectively.

This is the perfect in between for those looking for something that sits between the soft inserts and metal inserts of Odyssey putters.

Thanks CPC @ BFG for the fitting.....definitely an experience that cannot be replicated elsewhere in Singapore.

 Callaway
Back to top Go down
crayon33
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 510
Join date : 2009-11-20

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:01 pm

Swee, congrats asahi
Back to top Go down
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:11 pm

The exclusive agreement with Pan West ended at the stroke of midnight on the 31 Dec 2013. Callaway SEA is the distributors and companies like MST, Golf Direct and some other smaller retailers represent the brands, but unlike 2013, they take their stock from CG SEA. 

BFG arrangement is different - we operate the Callaway Performance Center (CPC) with full support of Callaway and in the near future, MST and all other resellers are invited to send their customers who prefers optimising options to visit the CPC. In this case, the golfers can still purchase their custom sets from their preferred resellers and delivery will be fulfilled by CPC Sg.

one of the key difference will be the availability of components. Hopefully Odyssey putters will be available uncutted and ungripped so that we can maximise the fitting and customisation.

it has taken us 4 years to get here and we count ourselves fortunately that the new CEO, Chip Brewer is a man of vision and believes in revolutionary changes. Since last year, there are 36 proponents dealers in the US and in Singapore, the market is very small so CPC will fulfil the role of custom fitting and delivery and hopefully the warranty support centre for all products sold via CG SEA.

hope its clearer. cheers.....DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
DGman
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 6384
Join date : 2009-06-18

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:16 pm

asahi wrote:







I feel so blessed! Thank you once again Callaway Performance Centre (CPC) for the putter (1st in Singapore, methinks) and the fitting plus adjustments.

Had it trimmed to 33 inch.....loft and lie at 3 and 69.5 respectively.

This is the perfect in between for those looking for something that sits between the soft inserts and metal inserts of Odyssey putters.

Thanks CPC @ BFG for the fitting.....definitely an experience that cannot be replicated elsewhere in Singapore.

 Callaway

Besides the fitting, the putter is the first one to be wirelessly tagged. we hope to show you a video but all the specs of the putter is embedded in a passive chip located underneath the grip. first one in the world to use this technology....

Specs include Brand, model, owner details, total weight, length, loft, lie and other notes that may be useful for us. in the case of theft, we can also identify the owner and also prove its authenticity of the product.

DGman
Back to top Go down
http://www.bigfishes.com
HitSoft
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 232
Join date : 2013-05-04

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:21 pm

DGman wrote:
The exclusive agreement with Pan West ended at the stroke of midnight on the 31 Dec 2013. Callaway SEA is the distributors and companies like MST, Golf Direct and some other smaller retailers represent the brands, but unlike 2013, they take their stock from CG SEA. 

BFG arrangement is different - we operate the Callaway Performance Center (CPC) with full support of Callaway and in the near future, MST and all other resellers are invited to send their customers who prefers optimising options to visit the CPC. In this case, the golfers can still purchase their custom sets from their preferred resellers and delivery will be fulfilled by CPC Sg.

one of the key difference will be the availability of components. Hopefully Odyssey putters will be available uncutted and ungripped so that we can maximise the fitting and customisation.

it has taken us 4 years to get here and we count ourselves fortunately that the new CEO, Chip Brewer is a man of vision and believes in revolutionary changes. Since last year, there are 36 proponents dealers in the US and in Singapore, the market is very small so CPC will fulfil the role of custom fitting and delivery and hopefully the warranty support centre for all products sold via CG SEA.

hope its clearer. cheers.....DGman

That's very much clearer Smile get the picture now, will certainly drop by one of these days for a fitting! (for the metal x milled. The 714 AP2s are hard to kick out of the bag heh) 

All the best with BFG and CPC DGman Smile
Back to top Go down
mUAr_cHEe
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer


Posts : 7236
Join date : 2009-06-19
Location : Sillypore

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:42 am

so the putters are tagged like our canine friends?
Back to top Go down
18underPar
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer


Posts : 553
Join date : 2013-05-22
Location : Vancouver, Canada

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Sat Apr 05, 2014 1:29 pm

Wow, that is awesome!! Congrats on the beautiful putter, it looks great!! And hopefully it'll help you sink even more putts on the greens this year Very Happy enjoy it!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.EighteenUnderPar.com
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:15 pm



Picture says a thousand words.....Smile

Though putting stats wise about the same, it was still a good day out with the new putter.
Definitely firmly in may bag and competing for show time with the ZEN ZIM.

Could do with heavier weights though.

DGman...hint hint.....
Back to top Go down
nicasio
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer


Posts : 422
Join date : 2009-11-25
Location : KL

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Sun Apr 06, 2014 9:46 pm

wow.....
Back to top Go down
Willy Wong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:09 am

Quote :

Quote :


I ordered one from MST at Far East. Took delivery last Sun and play a round on Tues. Shot 9 Pars & a Birdie  Laughing Love the soft feel and handling. Felt a bit light so I changed to the 20 gms weights. See how it goes this coming Tues
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal


Posts : 10361
Join date : 2009-12-19
Age : 39

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Sun Jul 06, 2014 7:00 am

Think it is the grip that made the whole feel light.

Moi added 2 slabs of lead tape to up the feel. So far so good.
Back to top Go down
Willy Wong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Sun Jul 06, 2014 12:40 pm

asahi wrote:
Think it is the grip that made the whole feel light.

Moi added 2 slabs of lead tape to up the feel. So far so good.

Noted with thanks Bro Asahi. Will try that out.

Cheers
Back to top Go down
rlhk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-01-01
Location : CGC

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Mon Jul 07, 2014 11:12 am

@willy, what is the price you got from MST?
Back to top Go down
Willy Wong
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer


Posts : 8
Join date : 2013-06-16

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Tue Jul 08, 2014 10:38 pm

rlhk wrote:
@willy, what is the price you got from MST?
I got it  for between $350 to $400. Please look for Maran at MST Golf Far East or call him at 67374793 to check price. It wouldn't be nice to post price here as he may have given me a good deal since my fren and I have purchased 5 sets of Yamaha Classic Irons for own use & presents (my fren). Inform him Willy Wong recommended. You will get a good price.

Along with the putter, I also bought On/Off 3 & 4 hybrid on offer at $180 each. Very suitable for a senior golfer like me.

Happy Golfing : )
Back to top Go down
rlhk
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer


Posts : 119
Join date : 2011-01-01
Location : CGC

PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:30 pm

thanks mate. appreciate it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter   Today at 7:13 am

Back to top Go down
 
Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» Odyssey Metal-X Milled Putter
» Yes Sophie-12 & Odyssey Metal X #8 putter comment
» Ping Anser 4 Milled putter
» Odyssey Metal X #8 Putter
» Odyssey Back Strike Putter

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Singapore Golf Forum - Golf Republic :: The Pro Shop :: Golf Equipment-
Jump to:  
Friends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf RepublicFriends of Golf Republic
Copyright © 2009 Golf Republic. All Rights Reserved.