Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:53 pm

Saw a 'golfer' fishing at Kranji this morning, while waiting to tee of at 6th hole. He caught a nice size fish, have his prized catch photographed by his flight mate, then he threw and KICKED the fish back to the water!!

Turned away in disgust and continued my tee shot, I turned back and saw him KICK a fish again! not sure if he caught a second fish or it was the same poor fish. I'm not against fishing nor an animal activist but he could have free the fish safely back to the pond.

Sorry...... may he fall into the water the next time he kick another fish.
Back to top Go down
jason.koh.54966
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:59 pm

I wish him forever hit towards OB and never find his balls!
Back to top Go down
akhild
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:27 pm

wat??? #@!#@!
should petition to R&A to make this a straight DQ.

What the hell. still cant beleive what i read..
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:32 pm

Think it's e same golfer who always fish there
Back to top Go down
IceShelterX
Junior Golfer
Junior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:02 pm

why they allowed fishing while golfing?

quite disgusting act... for threw and kicked at the fish...

Oh well whatever goes around will come around...
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:12 pm

May not be the same guy I'm talking about...

The gentlemen that joined my flight gave the fishes he caught to the marshal and the halfway house ppl
Back to top Go down
kenneth18
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:12 pm

Haha u shld kick him into the pond. If I were same flight or the flight behind, I would complain to the marshall that he is wasting time at other misc activities and delaying other flights.
Back to top Go down
nutty88
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:13 pm

I once saw a guy with fishing rod in his golf bag and while waiting on the course, he will throw the fishing line into ponds. Apparently he has caught some fishes and seems like a lot of people know about him at Kranji. Not sure if we are referring to the same guy.
Back to top Go down
Solutions
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:49 pm

Did u take any video or picture of him?
Back to top Go down
iron eagle
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 4:52 pm

ultraman wrote:
Saw a 'golfer' fishing at Kranji this morning, while waiting to tee of at 6th hole. He caught a nice size fish, have his prized catch photographed by his flight mate, then he threw and KICKED the fish back to the water!!

Turned away in disgust and continued my tee shot, I turned back and saw him KICK a fish again! not sure if he caught a second fish or it was the same poor fish. I'm not against fishing nor an animal activist but he could have free the fish safely back to the pond.

Sorry...... may he fall into the water the next time he kick another fish.

I agree with you he shouldn't have kick the fish , as the fish has not offended him, he should have catch and release the fish!

This is BAD Karma for him, some where some thing will happen
to him only God knows!!

lol!   affraid   Swing 

Happy New Year every one here at GR!!

Have a nice day
Back to top Go down
dunlookback
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:16 pm

eh so fast the fish bite???
Interesting..
Back to top Go down
http://www.golfrepublic.org/t25292-tour-issue-irons-taylormade-r
triplepar
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:23 pm

How in the world can one fish while golfing?  Is the wait at Kranji that long? 

- pull out line
- put bait
- throw line
- wait for bite
- reel in
- take picture

That is a bloody long wait at the tee box.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:26 pm

My game with one gentleman at kranji

He caught a fish there within 7mins

And he confidently tell me if be doesn't. He will buy me food and beer. He also told me he seldom lost this bet

And he also know which bush and jungle is home to which animal in kranji course

Amazing
Back to top Go down
beehome
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:10 pm

@bro andrew - so which hole got snake? I see the signboard but nvr see snake.

Kranji is a sanctuary! By law, the animals, birds, wildlife etc are more important than us human golfers. They are protected. Please respect nature.
The reservoir is teeming with fish so to catch one is very easy unless u don't know how to fish lah.

What that guy did is against the law. But in reality, the marshals close their eyes. I believe if someone bothers to take pics and complain to higher authorities (not the ppl in kranji), the guy will be in trouble.

What I really deplore is him kicking the fish. Live and let live lah!
Back to top Go down
LousyGolfer
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:26 pm

I have also golfed with the fisherman golfer that Bro Andrew is taking about and I hope it is not him,,,he is also a GRian if I am not wrong. The last time we golfed, he was quite "kind" to the small fishes, putting them back in the pond properly and sending the bigger catches to the half-way house.
Back to top Go down
andrew-golf
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:48 pm

Yeah

He has a kind heart

In fact no one wants one of the fishes he caught

He set it free back into the waters
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:01 pm

Do understand the full details before we start condemning any person. Words is free but reputation is priceless.
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 7:59 pm

Agreed with willytan and andrew-golf.

That fella is a nice bloke. Played with him once when he joined our 3 balls flight. 
Played decently and fast; has time to fish and yet does not hold up the flight. 

At least he is much better than blokes who cannot tee off 150m and yet want to tee off from blue tee!
That, to me, is much more disgusting.
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:44 pm

This thread is not about fishing while golfing or golfing while fishing, I don't care. We're at 6th tee and they are at 12th tee so they're not delaying us or anybody (if there are any flights behind)

It's about KICKING a live fish back into water after pulling it out for fun!!
Back to top Go down
shorthitter
Golf Professionals
Golf Professionals

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 9:13 pm

ultraman wrote:
This thread is not about fishing while golfing or golfing while fishing, I don't care. We're at 6th tee and they are at 12th tee so they're not delaying us or anybody (if there are any flights behind)

It's about KICKING a live fish back into water after pulling it out for fun!!
+1
Back to top Go down
http://www.2telgolf.com
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:14 pm

Should have video record the act ir at least take a picture for further action to be taken,
Back to top Go down
GetzGT
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:21 pm

Should have reported him. Cruelty at its peak.  Mad  
I am a fish keeper throughout my life.
Back to top Go down
pakleow
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Tue Jan 07, 2014 5:30 pm

I didn't really want to respond but after further thoughts maybe I should clear things up. In Kranji, there is only 'The Fisherman' and its me. I dont hide and everone knows me.  In case you are unaware I am there 2-3 times a week but I have decided and inform all my friends there I dont think I will make their life hard (because of your complains that they get reprimanded), so I will play somewhere else. You want to know more about me ask anyone there about the fisherman, from the bangla to the grass cutter to the half way house people to the marshalls, to the recep to the execs, they all know me, they are all my friends - I dont hide under skirts and complain.

Anyone who plays with me knows I am probably the fastest player you can find and I play with a decent score too. Thus I do not delay flight or disturb anyone but sometimes I understand people are upset because you are enjoying. Also people who play with me knows that losing ball is not my style (since I also happen to pick balls while waiting and waiting and lots of balls too - average 20 per flight), so you can continue to hope. Maybe when I get older in a few years time it might happen. As to wish me falling into water, I wonder is it necessary? If I fall in and die, you may not have peace you know? Perhaps me falling into water is not cruel or are you the judge to decide that because I fish or because of your feeling that should happen to me?

Then again, I guess we are Singaporeans, we need to complain and accuse without understanding anything. If you have decent fishing experience, perhaps you will know better but if you don't, you can say anything you want. Is using legs to push (or you call kick) a fish back to water cruel? Perhaps living it to die is less cruel? Then again maybe we should ban fishing or even eating meat as we kill animals? Hmmm no end. Like I say, when people do not know what they say, they just brag to get attention.

I hope you enjoy your fruits of complains now that Kranji management have to put up no fishing sign, marsahlls are reprimanded for not doing their jobs and make the place more unfriendly. Some less fortunate people whom use to have fish to subsidized their food now have less food.

Well there is no end in flaming and debate so I wont spend more time on this as I can always find new peaceful play-ground where I can fish and golf in peace. BTW, I wonder how often you play there to understand me when you throw those words and accusation?

GOLF = GO ON LET's FISH
GOLF = Game Of Lure Fishing
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Tue Jan 07, 2014 6:21 pm

Firstly, kudos to Pakleow for stepping up and identifying himself as the fisherman. Well done.

That said (and I hope you don't mind bro), I think golfers should just play golf on the course and not another sport. Yes, we sometimes need a distraction to pass time but fishing shouldn't be it. In my mind (and I'm no fisherman), these 2 sports are likely the most time-consuming activities out there so to have them done at the same time just doesn't gel. But, this is ultimately your decision and I respect that you're a speedy golfer so won't say anything about slow play.

But, having fished a fish, I think it's harsh to just kick it back into the water. There are other ways to deal with the animal such as just throwing it back into the pond. Kicking it only aggravates the injury to the animal and causes unnecessary stress and trauma. I understand, it may be something common to fishermen but to others, it seems like an unnecessary act.

So, I hope you understand where the remarks are coming from. This doesn't stop you from fishing but perhaps exercise a bit more care when dealing the innocent fish you score from the pond? That would help put things at ease Smile

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
willytan
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Tue Jan 07, 2014 7:21 pm

pakleow wrote:

I understand people are  you have decent fishing experience, perhaps you will know better but if you don't, you can say anything you want. Is using legs to push (or you call kick) a fish back to water cruel? Perhaps living it to die is less cruel? Then again maybe we should ban fishing or even eating meat as we kill animals? Hmmm no end. Like I say, when people do not know what they say, they just brag to get attention.

BTW, I wonder how often you play there to understand me when you throw those words and accusation?

GOLF = GO ON LET's FISH
GOLF = Game Of Lure Fishing

+25
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Today at 8:46 pm

Back to top Go down

Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next