Golf Republic Forum - Singapore's most active golfing forum.

HomeFAQCalendarRegisterLog in

Share | 

Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
TDO
Super Active Golfer
Super Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Tue Jan 07, 2014 10:27 pm

Bro Parkleow, gentleman of you to own up.  Smile 

However, I tend to agree with bro Technospaz that fishing and golfing at the same time do not gel. If this is allowed, can you imagine the situation if all golfers do the same thing. The fishes aer there to blend with the beautiful scenery for all to enjoy while waiting for the flight in front to clear. You have the option to chit chat with your friends while waiting and build rapport with them or simply enjoy the scenery. Sports fishing in a golf course is also an unacceptable behaviour. For that I hope you understand.

Besides, the speed of your game has nothing to do what fishing at the pond while waiting fro the flight in front to clear. I am equally a very fast player despite my age but sad to say my score is not as good but I enjoy this game to make it a religious weekly Sun trip.

Nobody is stopping you from golfing at Kranji since you are a member (I presume). The signboards being displayed was to protect the fishes and maintain the ecological cycle. Beer 

Please continue to patronise Kranji nevertheless, maybe wtihout the fishing rod but fishing for ball is acceptable as long as it's your own ball that went in and as long it don't hold back the flight behind.  Beer 
Back to top Go down
icorpion
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Tue Jan 07, 2014 11:36 pm

I play with the fisherman before, and in fact it was pretty enjoying to see him fish up 2 fishes in 30 secs, yes, in 30 secs, no baits at all. By the way, those fishes he caught are peacock brass, it is from Amazon river and disrupt our eco system, and were given to the Bangla workers for food. For those small size fishes, he will throw it back to the pond.
I very much looking forward to have a game with him. His game is good, low 80...
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:15 am

Things aren't always what they seem, sometimes it's a matter of perspective.

Pakleow, while I strongly empathise with you at being villified, perhaps releasing the fish back with hands rather than pushing back with the feet might be more readily accepted in the eyes of the unitiated to sport fishing. Probably less traumatising for the fish as well.

It may not make you feel any better, but when it comes to comments on the internet, words and feelings are amplified many times beyond actual intent, especially when said without the knowledge of the intended party. Try not to take it too personally.

Your emergence and response probably has caused some soul searching, or not. At the very least, it's a reminder to temper our responses. It's all too easy to freely wish ill on others via a keyboard, only when one is on the cascading end of such comments do we truly understand how much it can hurt.

Peace
Back to top Go down
asahi
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:21 am

Perception, perception.....
Hiaz....wrong or not, I am sure we will miss a colourful character in kranji should pakleow decides not to golf there.

Pakleow, all the best in your golfing and fishing pursuits.
Back to top Go down
ultraman
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 6:29 am

Was almost worried that 'the fisherman' didn't read this thread in the forum. 

Like I've said in the earlier thread, it's not about golfing while fishing , pace of the game or now that you've mentioned how frequent you golf, how many people you know at the course, how fast or how good you play........... Actually, I really don't care, it was just not acceptable how the live fish was 'foot handled' (i call it kick / you call it leg push - which ever). Most of the time, we're doing things that we're not conscious of till we get told off by another. 

Don't worry, you'll never fall into the water as you will probably not kick / push with foot any fish back into the water and learn to handle all live fishes properly after this incident.

Remember, nobody is stopping you from golfing at Kranji except yourself, happy golfing!
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:29 am

I highly doubt there will be another golf course in Singapore that will tolerate a golfer fishing while playing golf. 

Nothing against this man fishing on the course, however if he really cared about the Marshall's, the staff at the club. He wouldn't put them in this awkward predicament in the first place by doing something unusual on the golf course
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:46 am

Bangla123! Thank goodness... I was so worried that you were one of those deported after the recent incident in Singapore.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 8:52 am

It's a fish. They don't feel pain. In Japan they eat sushi while the fish is alive. 
I'm glad no one eats fish in SG that were caught by commercial fisherman only by caring fisherman.
Those fisherman treat the fish you eat with respect right?
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:10 am

meia07656 wrote:
It's a fish. They don't feel pain. In Japan they eat sushi while the fish is alive. 
I'm glad no one eats fish in SG that were caught by commercial fisherman only by caring fisherman.

Thanks, A. Your post confirms what I thought of you all along.

"A ball will always come to rest halfway down a hill, unless there is sand or water at the bottom." Henry Beard
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:14 am

Technospaz wrote:
Bangla123! Thank goodness... I was so worried that you were one of those deported after the recent incident in Singapore.

Thank you for your concern, was at Sentosa golf club having Japanese food when that happened.

Thank goodness we didn't meet up for our Sunday lawn session
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:23 am

Technospaz wrote:
meia07656 wrote:

What's the matter J, truth hurts? Face the truth about commerical fishing. What the Kranji guy is doing is not even close to what occurs out at sea.
Back to top Go down
Technospaz
Advisor
Advisor

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:29 am

meia07656 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
meia07656 wrote:

What's the matter J, truth hurts? Face the truth about commerical fishing. What the Kranji guy is doing is not even close to what occurs out at sea.

One is commercial fishing. The other is recreational fishing.

Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:34 am

Technospaz wrote:
 lol!  ROFL  Cheers Jump
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:37 am

I agree with TDO's & Technospaz's comments re this issue ...

If I were the owner of the golf course, I will make sure no one is allowed to fish in the golf course. If one wants to fish, please go somewhere else where you can do so ... A golf course is strictly for playing golf and nothing else. The fish in the lake/pond is there to compliment the scenery of the course. Period.

Last edited by Turbo on Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:43 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : grammar error)
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 9:52 am

Turbo wrote:
I agree with TDO's comment re this issue ...

If I was the owner of the golf course, I will make sure no one is allowed to fish in the golf course. If one wants to fish, please go somewhere else where you can do so ... A golf course is strictly for playing golf and nothing else. The fish in the lake/pond is there to compliment the scenery of the course. Period.
And that is why they are going to get rid of courses in SG. More people fish then play golf. Stick to golf courses is for golf and more will disappear. You should be thinking of dual uses and how not to preclude 99% of the population. Maybe after 7pm when it gets dark  add a few lights so others can walk the same fairways we do. Already have buggy track so people can meander in natural scenery in safety and peace away from the real city. Open it up for fishing early in the morning or later at night.
Back to top Go down
slinger
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:03 am

meia07656 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

If I was the owner of the golf course, I will make sure no one is allowed to fish in the golf course. If one wants to fish, please go somewhere else where you can do so ... A golf course is strictly for playing golf and nothing else. The fish in the lake/pond is there to compliment the scenery of the course. Period.
And that is why they are going to get rid of courses in SG. More people fish then play golf. Stick to golf courses is for golf and more will disappear. You should be thinking of dual uses and how not to preclude 99% of the population. Maybe after 7pm when it gets dark  add a few lights so others can walk the same fairways we do. Already have buggy track so people can meander in natural scenery in safety and peace away from the real city. Open it up for fishing early in the morning or later at night.

i am all for skinny dipping on the golf courses....
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:07 am

slinger wrote:
meia07656 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Thinking outside of the box. Not exactly the use I was looking at, but what the heck, just hope it not a sausage fest .
Back to top Go down
Bangla123
Very Active Golfer
Very Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:57 am

ChrisD wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
 lol!  ROFL  Cheers Jump

Are you laughing out loud at the fact that a young Bangladeshi brother got killed, or are you laughing at the cowardice shown by your Singaporean police force? Witty responses  I can take, ignorant people ... Not so much Smile

Back to top Go down
benw78
Newbie Golfer
Newbie Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:21 am

fishing while golfing is just wrong. one sport at a time man. n agree with the rest. why does he need to kick the fish?
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:45 am

slinger wrote:
meia07656 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

I wouldn't mind if you're a member of the fairer sex ...  lol! 
Back to top Go down
ChrisD
Incredibly Active Golfer
Incredibly Active Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:47 am

just wonder someone hiding behind his nick and no one has ever seen or know this person saying coward.
Back to top Go down
Birdman
Course Marshal
Course Marshal

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:48 am

meia07656 wrote:
Technospaz wrote:
meia07656 wrote:

Whoa, don't go there dude.

People don't want to know how badly the food they eat was treated while it was still alive.

Sharks fins being the exception.

Last edited by Birdman on Wed Jan 08, 2014 4:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Turbo
Hall of Fame Golfer
Hall of Fame Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 11:49 am

meia07656 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Maybe a fee will be charged since this will increase the overheads ... Why don't you submit your suggestion to SLA and/or Ministry of National Development? Since the MIW are very $$$ & GDP conscious ...  Cool 
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:06 pm

Turbo wrote:
meia07656 wrote:
Turbo wrote:

Maybe a fee will be charged since this will increase the overheads ... Why don't you submit your suggestion to SLA and/or Ministry of National Development? Since the MIW are very $$$ & GDP conscious ...  Cool 
I'm not a Singaporean. In a year or two I'll be back to the land of cheap golf and booze.
Back to top Go down
meia07656
Senior Golfer
Senior Golfer

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Wed Jan 08, 2014 12:08 pm

and really high taxes. Can't have my cake and eat too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning   Today at 1:59 am

Back to top Go down

Saw a disgusting act at Kranji this morning
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next